We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Did ken de courcy "Suck" and is Manipulato ball "Suckity" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

madelaine
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of madelaine
Some contributors are too dismissive too quickly, I reckon. Way back in the 2007s thereabouts The Magic Café rang to cries of "Sucks" and "Suckity" when the Manipulato Ball was mentioned. Nobody had a good word for it. It was dismissed as a ball with a hole in it - "like a thimble" and as being not the right size ( whatever that means). Notwithstanding the fact that Ken de Courcy - a prominent magician in the UK - had described the ball as "a wonderful little prop" and that it was "fascinating to perform"; and that Don Crombie, President of the International Brotherhood of Magicians, had described one of Ken's routines with the ball as "a stunner" and urged folk to watch these routines.

I perform several routines with the Manipulato Ball, and they are regularly praised and described with gasps and 'ooohs' and 'aahhhhs' and often described as 'astonishing'. So, I urge all Café members to think twice when somebody says a prop 'sucks' or uses the children's vulgarity word 'suckity'; and to persevere with their love of practising and practising and practising....which, really, is just another word for 'crafting' and 'shaping' and 'giving birth to an illusion'.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11157 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I just happened to read about this ball in Eric Lewis' Crowning Miracles.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1933 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
I don't just like to judge anything by an ad or any other kind of comment. If someone has used something and talks about its benifits, I might consider it. But even then I would like see it for myself. I've been doing magic long enough to know if it has merits or if it something I can use it.

But, like I said, an ad is not going to sell me. Is there anything on youtube that shows it?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Did ken de courcy "Suck" and is Manipulato ball "Suckity" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL