We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » A Christmas Tenyo Contest (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2871 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Stu, I thought you moved on and turned your back to Tenyo by selling all your tricks??
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
stuartle
View Profile
Regular user
* UK *
142 Posts

Profile of stuartle
I have, I have entered on behalf of somebody else who doesn't have internet access!
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2444 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Will send confirmations now.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I'd be curious to know the total number of participants. Because there seem to be many more people who read the forum than those who write in the Forum.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2444 Posts

I've got about 25. That's pretty good odds for those of you who sent me an email! Smile
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Quote:
On 2012-12-25 01:50, Magiguy wrote:
Taking myself out of the equation, of course…

In the mid-1980s the Tenyo team was featured on the cover of Genii. Dai Vernon referenced the feature in that month’s “The Vernon Touch.” What was the month and year of the issue, and what were the nicknames that he and Larry Jennings gave to Takuya Yoshizawa and Hideo Kato?

November 1986 issue, Computer #1 and Computer #2 because of their great genius for solving problems.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5390 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Touché. Smile
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3462 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Plus that issue had 6 full page ads of Tenyo effects... They may be the most ads from one advertiser in a single Magic magazine.

John
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Quote:
On 2012-12-26 19:28, J M Talbot wrote:
Plus that issue had 6 full page ads of Tenyo effects... They may be the most ads from one advertiser in a single Magic magazine.

John

I saw that too. I just got the issue from eBay and it came in the mail today. It is my first issue of Genii. I like it. The six pages are for the 1987 line-up which was a great year for Tenyo. The last page is for the Paddle Collection we have discussed here recently.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
A little piece of trivia, the Hank Lee Ad looks like it was created on an early Mac and printed on a dot matrix printer. The printing looks very familiar and that was just as Desktop Publishing was breaking.

Also in the Dai Vernon article they mixed up the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs. Something that was easier to mess up before computers.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Richard Kaufman I will help you out here.

If you subscribe to Genii you get online access to all (I think all) past issues including this very special Tenyo Issue and the upcoming issue with Mr. Sugawara.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2444 Posts

Yes, subscribers get free access to all 75 years of back issues of Genii, including all the digital versions of the issues from January 2010 onward.
Thanks, John.
bigjay1974
View Profile
New user
Worcestershire. UK
85 Posts

Profile of bigjay1974
Sent it hope its not too late
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2444 Posts

I'll still take entries until Monday (New Year's Eve Day) even though the deadline is passed. Announce of the winner will be at the time noted.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2444 Posts

I'm going to sweeten the pot by giving away TWO of these Magic World sets to two different people.

So get your entries to me. moobooks@verizon.net
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1041 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Thanks that is great! I have never won anything so this raises the chances so I am on the edge of my seat counting the days. Smile

:dice:
Richard
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Quote:
On 2012-12-30 00:06, Richard Kaufman wrote:
I'm going to sweeten the pot by giving away TWO of these Magic World sets to two different people.

So get your entries to me. moobooks@verizon.net

That is very generous of you!

I can't wait to see who wins.
ChasVH
View Profile
Special user
658 Posts

Profile of ChasVH
Email sent Richard. Thanks so much. No matter what....Happy New Year!

Charlie
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
Richard

Again, thank you for this fun and generous chance for a great set of magic.

CHRIS
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2444 Posts

You jamokes have an hour and 12 minutes to send in any last minute entries. Please note the requirements above before sending your entries.

Winners will be chosen and announced tomorrow. I will also note how many people participated.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » A Christmas Tenyo Contest (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL