The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » A Christmas Tenyo Contest (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Richard,

Krazy Keys are different because one of the four keys has a mechanical gimmick and the other three are static.

These two keys probably mimic two of the static keys in Krazy Keys where angle of viewing create the effect.

John
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1041 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Humm angle to the dangle. I didn't know you could get an effect from the viewed angle of the statics keys. Don't have them nor the instructions so I am in the dark. The offset head with the flat shaft has to have something to do with mechanical working I can only assume because it is very out of place esthetically. And then the WHITE plastic just doesn't help the look. Black, grey, copper, anything would be better than white.

Too bad the 2 keys in that contest set aren't available separate I would like to check them out. Or at least like to see a video of what they do. Ed - Wizard Of Oz, that's your Que to make a video of these. Smile
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Richard,

I do not know why they offset the head in the Krazy Keys. I think the head could have been centered and a more realistic shape. If they did it that way then they would not be able to put a hole in the middle where the key can attach to a key ring. I think it would have been much better with a more realistic head even if there was no key ring hole.

After closer examination, the two silver keys are similar to one side of the gimmicked key and one of the static keys.

I did a quick image search on Google and found a couple of keys that looks like the Krazy Keys so I guess they are not that "far out."

John

Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5355 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Haven't gotten to the keys yet (remember, all of the instructions are in Japanese), but I have to tell you...one of the highlights for me are the leaf/lady bug paddles. These are artistically quite wonderful, and handle very well. Fooling myself in the mirror...
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1041 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Yes but the keys pictured are para centric keys, top one for car ignition / fork lifts ect (not offset from center to one side). Key on the bottom is a Yale file cabinet key that soon after was discontinued because of the offset head and hole being on the side hangs crooked on the keyring worst design ever for a key head on a keyring of other normal keys.

Yale also had that same design on their large door keys at that same time, that is when it really caused the problem so both are long gone but stupid duplicate manufactures still make them but nobody buys them. Smile

Cars keys with a long slot instead of a centered hole cause the same problem, again designed by someone that has no business on the draft board drawing keys.

The Krazy keys are suppose to mimic skeleton door keys none of which were ever designed with a completely offset head with small hole on one side. But they did have a double connected hole that made them hang slightly crooked but was the standard look back then.

Krazy Keys are not normal looking and I have seen a few keys. Smile

If a centered hole causes the gimmicked key not to work no hole at all would have been better choice with embossed pattern to detract from having no hole. Smile

A design exactly like the ones in the World Magic Kit with no hole if that has to be would be perfect design it looks like a key.

If someone has a set of these in the world kit with english instructions I would love to see them. Or if you have them and want to sell them even better.

Keyhard
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
TMI
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1041 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
AMAP ITFA ITA Smile
edshern
View Profile
Inner circle
1399 Posts

Profile of edshern
AMAP ATFA ITA HUH?
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1041 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
As Much As Possible - In The Final Analysis - I Totally Agree Smile
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5355 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
WTF?
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2450 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Wait Till Friday ...
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1041 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
10-4
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
10-7
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
359 Posts

Profile of dragonash
10:52 CST
edshern
View Profile
Inner circle
1399 Posts

Profile of edshern
OMG
WTH
ASAP, ESP, ETC,
That's all letter speak I know.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2450 Posts

Personally, I abhor the use of acronyms. OK?
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1041 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
AIGHT
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5355 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
So I'm a winner of this awesome magic set from Mr. Kaufman, and I happen to be at the Columbus Ohio Magi-Fest this weekend...and there I see Richard sitting at his Genii Magic Magazine booth. Now as you know Richard is an icon, and knows everyone in the magic community. So while he gets a lot of interested folks to his booth for Genii Magazine, a lot of his visitors are just there to shoot the magical s@@t. It's been this way for years. Yet, I say to myself, "Self, why don't you go up to Mr. Kaufman, introduce yourself, and thank him in person for his generous contest?" And I thank myself for giving myself such excellent advice, and approach Richard's booth. I wait. I wait. Still, there are two gentlemen in front of me showing him photos of their magic collection, and they don't understand the meaning of "brevity."

Finally, they move on, and I think my chances are blown and that Mr. Kaufman's patience would have been pushed to his limits. Still, I move forward, introduce myself, and then I get the unexpected...a smile, a hand shake, and a mind-blowing invitation, "Hey, I've got some things to show you...some rare Tenyo...they're not for sale...but I think you'll like these." He proceeds to quickly gather his valuables, ask for a nearby seller to watch his booth, and summons me to follow him to his room. Of course I follow...

We walk down the generic hotel hallway, looking for his room, and the entire time I'm thinking to myself, "Holy crap, here's this incredible writer, whose authored dozens of magic book classics, taking the time to entertain my humble love of Tenyo. What the fu...?" We arrive at his room, and he struggles to pull out a cardboard box from beneath a suitcase stand. And there my friends, was some T-gold. To name only a few of what I saw...Tenyo T-62 Fantastic, Tenyo T-79 Super Vase A La India, The Penultimate Coin Box Collection (Japanese version), followed by a demonstration of Tenyo T-93 Card Changer, and the Tenyo T-118 Side Track...incredible...and none of which are in my humble collection. So, as you can imagine, I was blown away.

So I tip imaginary hat to you Mr. Kaufman, for taking your time, to give me a time...I will not soon forget. Thank you.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
The only thing better than that would have been if it was a hot gal that led you to her room and when she undressed she had a Tenyo rabbit tattooed in a really unique place and when she made a special movement it winked at you.

Actually meeting Richard and sharing his Tenyo enthusiasm with him is much better because there are a lot of hot gals with winking Tenyo rabbit tattoos but only one Richard Kaufman. ;-)

Good Job Richard. That's how you grow a hobby.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2450 Posts

It's fun to spend time with people who are enthusiastic about things in which you are also interested.

Glad you enjoyed seeing my loot, Wiz! Sorry that none of them were dupes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » A Christmas Tenyo Contest (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL