The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Lessons in Card Mastery by Darwin Ortiz (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Oh, joy of joy. The worlds’ greatest card sharp, Darwin Ortiz, has written another book.

Here is a brief descriptiion I got off the internet:

Quote:
Among Darwin Ortiz' many fans, the only question is which of his card books is the best: Darwin Ortiz at the Card Table, Cardshark, or Scams & Fantasies with Cards. Now there is a new candidate: the aptly-named Lessons in Card Mastery.

This time the accent is on uncanny displays of card control. You'll display physical control by cutting to a selected card with just one finger, trapping two selections in a shuffled deck, displaying mastery at Texas hold'em, instantaneously producing an entire suit, making the deck sort itself into reds and blacks, and causing all fifty-two cards to rearrange into perfect suit and number sequence. You'll display mental control by diving cards under impossible conditions and memorizing a deck in a matter of seconds.

Again and again the cards obey your will like soldiers following the marching orders. These are effects that will convince any audience that you can do anything with a deck of cards.

Sorry guy, no review from me as I don’t have the book and probably won’t buy it. But for the gambling/demo/magician crowd this is probably quite good.

I have Ortiz’s other books and DVDs, packed away and all in pristine new condition and if I ever unpack my book boxes will probably offer them for sale. However, when it comes to sleight of hand card magic Ortiz’s material is quite good and I’m sure this new book, Lessons in Card Mastery is also excellent. Sight unseen, I don’t see how anyone doing gambling type demos, high level card tricks and moves, moves and more moves can go wrong with a book on card work by Ortiz.

Perhaps someone who has the book may write a quick review for the members.

Evidently the book sells for $55.00 or one can obtain a numbered, signed, autographed and leather bound copy for only $110.00.

Heck, on second thought I just might buy the book myself and become a demo guy on YouTube to get tommy’s approval. Smile
Gulyás Imre Miklós
View Profile
Regular user
Budapest, Hungary
185 Posts

Profile of Gulyás Imre Miklós
This is the most ambigous recommendation I've ever read.
could have been better without the last line
I took the Pledge
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On 2012-12-26 12:45, Gulyás Imre Miklós wrote:
This is the most ambigous recommendation I've ever read.
could have been better without the last line
Patiently waiting for you review of the book, Gulyas. Hope it is fortcoming soon. Smile
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3115 Posts

Profile of AMcD
$110 for the "Deluxe Collector Edition"... Excellent!

Guys, my next release will be named the "Deluxe Platinum Excelsior Supreme Top Collector Edition". As I'm not as famous as Darwin (I really like some of his books by the way, his "Annotated Erdnase" for instance), it will cost you only $105.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On 2012-12-26 14:25, AMcD wrote:
Guys, my next release will be named the "Deluxe Platinum Excelsior Supreme Top Collector Edition"...it will cost you only $105.

You are in the big time now, Arnold. Put me down for a numbered, autographed "Deluxe Platinum Excelsior Supreme Top Collector Edition."

However, no eBooks here. I expect leather bound with a locking mechanism to prevent prying eyes from sneaking a look, delivered by a Brinks Armored truck for additional security.

Since Gulyás Imre Miklós took the pledge and is no longer a self-righteous “git,” perhaps you can induce him to write an unambiguous preface to the book? Smile
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3115 Posts

Profile of AMcD
My next book's preface will be written by Erdnase himself (yes, he's still alive - albeit quite old now - and faces some problems to communicate with me through Internet, but he made promises).

The cover will be made out of genuine alligator skin and pages will be mere parchments. Of course, every copy will have an autograph made from my own blood. A free coupon for a full night with the world champion female stripper will be offered with the 10 first copies and I'll deliver in person copies #13, #666 and #999. Copy #52 will receive 10 gallons of single malt Scottish whiskey. #100 will get a free AK-47 and a flame thrower certified from year 1942.

Copy #333 owner will be invited for free for 2 months in Paris and #555 will be very glad to know a free 6 months stay in the International Space Station is awaiting. #1000 will be given a gold bar, #2000: a Porsche Cayman (painted in pink, sorry the last one I have), #3000: a genuine African elephant, #4000: a Russian nuclear submarine (without shipmates) and #5000: my wife.

No one can beat the way I cherish my customers.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
@AMcD: The bonus items are fantastic but does the book have any merit? LOL
Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
654 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
Arnold and Cag are the Bob and Ray of this section.
I mean that in the most flattering way possible.
DD
1031ent
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of 1031ent
I have a copy for sale if anyone is looking
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie......&alt=web
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Lessons in Card Mastery by Darwin Ortiz (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL