The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » I may be evicted soon from my apartment soon and homeless. Busking? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
View Profile
1988 - 2013
The Big Brother is watching you
1095 Posts

Profile of Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
Due to an incident weeks ago, I had a game addiction and the house got dirty from me not cleaning. My roomate who is mentally retarded (challenged?) My housing mental health staff reported it to my landlord. I sold the games within a few days of the incident, quit and cleaned up the housr (my roommate is too mentally challeged to clean, so I have to clean up after him too. I got a letter in the mail saying this incident "continued ", which as stated it didn't. 3 days before christmas I get a letter if its not resolved and immaculately clean I will be evicted in (5) days, homeless. If not, if anytime in the future the house is dirty (and I have to do double the work because of my room mare), I will be evicted immediately. To be fair, its not that's its dirty, its just cluttered with books. I don't eat in my room. My roommate does, inthe recent past2 months, his room was so bad it had worms eating on his food, cockroaches and bugs he'd kill bysqueezing them, telling me how "green goo" would splaater from them in his hand. Staff did nothing. 2 days ago I was so angry and upset I was talking to myself outloud how he should be living in different, more supervised housing. He heard me through the door, when I came out he said "I WONT wait for the heating man, I'm going to kill you!!" Then charged at me, threw me a hard hook punch to the head, hitting me to the temple , several other punches to the head I had to subdue him with a aikido pin. My mom told me not to callte police so I didn't. I need info on busking in case I become homeless from this. Im stable on my meds now but thougts of shooting myself or hanging myself keep creeping...in I was doing great before. I promised the dr rubinstein I wouldnt do, but I feel hopeless and doubt anyone would miss me or care. I wish I wouldve died when I attempted it at the hospital. No friends, never had a girlfriend, no one listening when I tell pscys about the bulima...i can barely take it.
Kanawati
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
301 Posts

Profile of Kanawati
Hi Kevin, I'm one of those that doesn't post much but have been visiting the Café for years! I don't busk so can't give you any advice in that department. But I'm very sorry your going through all this. I've benefited a lot from posts and comments and advice on this forum. I wanted to thank you for your contributions and I've even seen your coin sleights on youtube! It's a small global community and we all learn from each other and I can't help feeling a bond with those that share this magic interest. I just wanted you to know that there's some guy in Sydney, Australia who has benefited from your contributions and believes that you a have a lot to offer and that you are valuable. Take care my friend. John
LCBellah
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of LCBellah
Fish Sticks...
I don't know.much about busking. Try looking under "Close Uo workers" at the topic "The side walk shuffle" for discussions on busking.
I suggest you find someone that you can talk to and get some help with your other problems. Check with local churches or the welfare services, etc. There are probably services that can help your roommate also. I'm sorry to hear about you troubles.
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
Fish Sticks,

Busking is a skill in itself. I tried doing street magic at 2 very popular tourist places. I am told that I am a very good close-up magician. I made next to nothing on the street. You have to know how to attract people and how to ask (demand, actually) for money.

On your issues... I am moved by your situation. The magic community cares. But you need an advocate - someone who will work to help your situation. There are places to turn: social services, church, family. I have found that the most helpful and caring people are in a true Bible based church. I know that this is politically incorrect these days, but you don't have to belong to a church to go to the pastor for help. Pray. I'll pray for you.
Alwow
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
544 Posts

Profile of Alwow
Kevin,

You shouldn't try to handle that situation alone. You should seek assistance from the resident staff or even get the police involved. You ultimately have to take care of yourself before anyone else.

Regarding busking... It can be tough and if you haven't done it before can be frustrating and inconsistent. I strongly suggest researching and gaining knowledge from what some of the professionals do. From my own experience it was an eye opening experience and helped me become a better performer but, fortunately for me I still have a job to rely on to keep a roof over my head and food in my stomach. That isn't the case for some of the other magicians I've met on the street.
"Everything I show you is the truth... And the truth is the loveliest of lies"
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Kevin...I have been there. Homeless and lost everything I owned in a house foreclosure. I ended up in a Homeless Shelter for almost a year. It ain't that bad. They fed me and put a roof over my head. That's my recommendation. If you find yourself on the street, do seek a homeless shelter.

I only wish the best for you! Smile

Doug
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Mr Fish Sticks, that is one sad story. I see it was posted on Christmas day, a day when a lot of bad things rear their heads. I really hope things have improved for you since then and your life is more stable. Best wishes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » I may be evicted soon from my apartment soon and homeless. Busking? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL