The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Card Surgery By Tenyo (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Wow what a crazy concept,really like it I do have a few idea's on how to perhaps make it more smoother but would love to know a routine using a spectators card and signed I'm sure it could be done with just one corner ripped off,just can't think of a routine that puts there card on the tray? please if anyone has any idea's perhaps PM me ,i will also take this down to the secrect section for more idea's and routines,perhaps a thread could be started on how we all use it,all the best and hope all are enjoying the festive celebrations.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
It would be very hard to get a signed card on the tray with the necessary gimmicked pieces on top of it in precisely the correct position (it's not random). It could be done, but only in limited formal performance circumstances (unless you've got someone under your table).
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Cheers for your reply Richard, yes you may well be right there,shame it's a cool illusion but hard to think of anything to do with it,lol. Have played with my buisness card's and that may be an idea to hand the odd one or two out,all the best.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

I've known several magicians who've had their business cards printed on playing card stock (and playing card size). Since ANY card can be used for this effect, you could easily do a business-card restoration and hand it out at the end provided your business card is the same size as a playing card (necessary because of the way the magnetic pieces are cut).

I don't really think that there's anything wrong with having the petri dish covered by a folded hanky, and just bringing that out and slowly uncovering it exactly as the instructions suggest. It's all presentation: if you create a reason for bringing out the card already in four pieces in the dish, spectators won't think twice about it.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Cheers Richard good idea, I have tried it with one corner of a normal buisness card and some of mine are dark blue and looks good will keep on playing with it.
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
Is it possible to remove the gimmick from the original dish and reset it in a different one or is it 'hard-wired' into the original?
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Gimmicks are loose, and the trick can be performed without the tray but you would need to work on a flat black surface.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
You would need to work on a flat black surface were everything matched and obviously angles and lighting play a big part too, look down on the secret session's folks I will be posting new idea's as soon as I come up with them,lottery ticket's, credit card's,Scratch card's ,so much can be done with this ,just the routine patter and getting everything from A to B so to speak needs addresing.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Lottery Tickets sound interesting. That would be fun to perform it and give out a scratch off.

That is a very good idea.
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
Quote:
On 2012-12-27 17:59, Fire Starter wrote:
angles and lighting play a big part too,

So is the gimmick visible in daylight?
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Daylight is not an issue. You can remove the round black magnetic surface from the dish and use that. However, the two loose pieces MUST match the base piece or the black art optics won't work.
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
380 Posts

Profile of dragonash
I have thought about cutting a card into four parts, lifting the back edge of the covering folded hank, pretending to position them (really slipping them into the folds of the hank), placing the last two pieces while removing the hank to reveal the setup and then proceeding with the effect.

This requires cutting the card exactly right and the extra fiddling as described. I think I would rather present it according to the instructions.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

That is an EXCELLENT way to get into the effect! Very good!!!! Now if we could just do it with a signed card ...
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
There is a signed version out there and I have seen it on a thread by a proffessional magician on here,he gives a few hint's on how to do it,i never got it tho,lol,sometimes reading instructions baffles me,rather learn from DVD's ,lol,wish I could remember who it was and were the post is?.
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
I believe you are referring to this post:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=7774834
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2013-01-02 09:47, xl18 wrote:
I believe you are referring to this post:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=7774834

Arh yes that's the one,many thanks for the link,still don 't quite understand what he is discribing.lol, but I would feel rude to ask him to give the secret away so this will be very usefull to the one's who understand his mechanic's so to speak,all the best.
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
I'd be intrigued to know. Obviously the card must be restored face down if signed. Maybe this thread should be taken further in the 'Secret Sessions' forum.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2013-01-02 12:53, PapaG wrote:
I'd be intrigued to know. Obviously the card must be restored face down if signed. Maybe this thread should be taken further in the 'Secret Sessions' forum.

Is a very good idea and I have posted some hopfully good idea's there,all the best.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

What is the Secret Sessions Forum?
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
It's the forum at the bottom of the main page. It's supposed to be for discussing methods. There's something like a 50 post requisite in order to access it. The idea is to keep it less public.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Card Surgery By Tenyo (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL