The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Copperfield's ring to baby shoe (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

J_C
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
59 Posts

Profile of J_C
I'm pretty sure that a lot of you will know this effect, but like most of Copperfield's close-up effects, is this one available to the public?
I've searched everywhere and the word "air coppers" keeps popping up (whatever that means).

Also if it isn't for sale, does anyone know whether Copperfield has all the rights to perform this still.

Thanks very much.
Greenshock
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, Canada
149 Posts

Profile of Greenshock
Hey J_C,
I have never seen it on the market, but if it isn't, would it be so hard to just gimmick your own baby shoe? Keeping on a similar topic, what are some of the more unique ring flight final destinations that some of you have seen?
martinkaplan
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
562 Posts

Profile of martinkaplan
I believe this is a Chris Kenner effect and it was, at one time, commercially available. Check out Hank Lee's website. He might still have it available for sale.

-Marty
J_C
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
59 Posts

Profile of J_C
Thanks for your help.

I could knock one up in my workshop, but I first wanted to know whether it could be bought or not, as to me it's a bit unethical really.

I've searched around for all Chris Kenner effects and it's not available anywhere. Thanks a lot though Marty.

I think I might make it. I wonder if I'll get strange looks if I try and purchase 1 shoe - maybe I should buy a pair.

Thanks.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2684 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
All this it is is a glorified Ring flight. Buy a R##L, baby shoe, extra lace, glue, and away you go. That is if it is not for sale by the originator.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Sean Piper
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
138 Posts

Profile of Sean Piper
Many of Copperfield's smaller effects come from Chris Kenner. The Ring on Shoe, Torn Asunder and Linking Rubber Bands being just a few.

I doubt you'd be able to track down these originals, as I imagine Copperfield would have the sole performing rights to them for at least the next few years.

The only way we might see the originals hit the mainstream magic market is if Copperfield and Kenner had a major falling out... We can only hope! Smile
Piper Magic - Australia's Premier Online Magic Store

www.pipermagic.com.au

Supplying Australian magicians with high-quality apparatus, classic books, and a wide range of unique and collectible pre-owned magic.
blurr
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of blurr
Richard Sanders has a version of this on the market. It is kind of cumbersome from what I understand. But the ring ends up on your own shoe! Whcih makes more sence than a baby shoe. Why would you carry around a baby shoe? It smacks of "gimmick". Anywho, just my 2 cents.

Blurr
"Someday men will look back and say I was the start of the 20th century."
---Jack the Ripper
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
Air Coppers are what copperfield calls his tiny shoes, like air jordan's.
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
Quote:
On 2002-05-28 03:34, Peter Loughran wrote:
All this it is is a glorified Ring flight. Buy a R##L, baby shoe, extra lace, glue, and away you go. That is if it is not for sale by the originator.

P.

I found one on penguinmagic
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=S3159

in 2 of the 4 times I have seen david Copperfield
he has performed this and it plays big.. of course is more because of Copperfield´s than because of the trick itself..

I don't own it.. so I cant comment on the quality of this one.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Kenner created it for Copperfield. They do not sell it, and would hope nobody RIPS IT OFF. Think about the ethics.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Longhorn
View Profile
New user
Texas
54 Posts

Profile of Longhorn
I do not know of it being a rip-off, but I know with certainty that Hocus Pocus used to sell a ring to baby shoe a few years ago. Don't know if they still do. If I remember correctly, the shoes were red with white stripes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Copperfield's ring to baby shoe (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL