The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Me playing with my christmas present. (Ambitious card routine) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
Quote:
On 2013-01-05 18:03, Steven Youell wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-05 16:21, Gary T. wrote:
one thing I wanted to say in the video but forgot to is that you need to use a break on your DL, its just sloppy if you don't in the video you posted you messed one up because you weren't using a break, even if you hit it 3/4 times and feel awesome, that's 1/4th of the time your spectator is gonna have a laugh at your expense when you mess it up.

Gary, could you please clarify that? Are you saying that all DL's need a break? Are you saying that Strike or Pushoff DL's need a break?

sey

so sorry, my bad, What I was getting at is that at a beginners level he needs to be working with a break, as he did miss one in his video, I personally still use a break just because I like the extra security,

yes there are methods that do not require a break, but they need to be worked on a lot and it is my belief that you should learn with a break first.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3889 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
I reckon this thread has had enough, given the subject. Folk will post on it, I'm sure, but really?

I haven't seen this much vitriol since Dickie Attenborough played 'Pinkie' in Brighton Rock.

It's, erm, "refreshing".
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2013-01-05 18:41, Gary T. wrote:
so sorry, my bad, What I was getting at is that at a beginners level he needs to be working with a break, as he did miss one in his video, I personally still use a break just because I like the extra security,

yes there are methods that do not require a break, but they need to be worked on a lot and it is my belief that you should learn with a break first.

Now that I understand it, I can say that I disagree with your advice. I have personally taught students to use a push-off double and most of them are using it within a few weeks. And yes-- it's 100% sure. And I'm not special-- I'm sure there are many instructors out there with the same experience.

As to your video-- are you looking for critique? If so, I'll give it in private rather than in this thread...

sey
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
Well then, just two different views, I personally learned to use a break in the DL and still do it. but you're entitled to your own opinion for sure, as for the video, I made it to offer a bit of help to the op but with only 4 years of experience I'm certainly open to any and all critiques and suggestions, shoot me a pm. that video certainly wasn't my best performance but no excuses, anything you see that needs work I'd love to hear about. just keep in mind I had no real plans as to what I was going to do and I'm definitely not an impromptu genius haha.
Joe Momma
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Joe Momma
I must say, top trolling from the OP. You fooled a lot of people into thinking you were serious. Well done!
Philip Busk
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of Philip Busk
I too support the right to arm bears.
Philip Busk
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
Quote:
On 2013-01-07 22:37, Philip Busk wrote:
I too support the right to arm bears.
gotta get one of those T-shirts
nathanmorris
View Profile
New user
UK
56 Posts

Profile of nathanmorris
A few tips, try to relax, slow your movements down , feel the rythm. And also I can offer pointers if you would like , PM me any time. Just remember guys we were all beginners once , and the last thing we want to do is make Nicholas give up on magic , keep going and you'll soon be rewarded!

Nathan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Me playing with my christmas present. (Ambitious card routine) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL