The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Topsy Turvy Aces (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

helder
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
991 Posts

Profile of helder
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2580 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Very nice performance and presentation helder.

I'm not familiar with this version of the effect. From a handling perspective I particularly like the way the last wrong way round card is righted and how that leads into showing the straightened out of the deck before the reveal of the fourth ace. This feels is structurally much better than having the reorientation of the cards revealed after the discovery of the fourth ace.

On the occasions that I was able to use a surface to work on I used to do John Mendoza's version of Marlo's Topsy Turvy Ace routine and when no surface was available I performed Derek Dingle's in the hands version, 'Acestounding'. But with both routines I found particular attention had to be put into getting the audience's focus to remain on the effect past the discovery of the fourth ace. If you allowed their focus to relax the surprise reveal of the cards all facing the same way would lose it's potential impact.

I like the way this version solves that issue.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
helder
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
991 Posts

Profile of helder
Quote:
On 2013-01-05 14:33, Sealegs wrote:
Very nice performance and presentation helder.

I'm not familiar with this version of the effect. From a handling perspective I particularly like the way the last wrong way round card is righted and how that leads into showing the straightened out of the deck before the reveal of the fourth ace. This feels is structurally much better than having the reorientation of the cards revealed after the discovery of the fourth ace.

On the occasions that I was able to use a surface to work on I used to do John Mendoza's version of Marlo's Topsy Turvy Ace routine and when no surface was available I performed Derek Dingle's in the hands version, 'Acestounding'. But with both routines I found particular attention had to be put into getting the audience's focus to remain on the effect past the discovery of the fourth ace. If you allowed their focus to relax the surprise reveal of the cards all facing the same way would lose it's potential impact.

I like the way this version solves that issue.

This is Andrew Wimhurst handling with my presentation. You can find it in his great dvd Card Artistry.

Thanks for watching it and for your words.

:)
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
Fantasy Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto,Ontario,Canada
244 Posts

Profile of Fantasy Knight
Very nice I really enjoyed that,,,i was starting to think that you lost your self near the end there but you had full control...bravo.
Grew up near one of the greatest minds in magic the late Stewart James, in a town called Wallaceburg just 15 mins from Courtright where James could be found, time and time again he would inspire me to always be creative and just love all magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Topsy Turvy Aces (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL