The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Trick That Cannot Be Explained by Roberto Giobbi (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
http://www.themagicapple.com/new-product......o-giobbi

Is this a practical real world worker?
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
This item sure sounds a lot like George Schindler's "Comic Prediction" which has been on the market for decades. I'd be interested in the difference (other than the price tag and Mr. Giobbi's name) as there seems to be none from the product description.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2012-12-28 17:24, Jim Sisti wrote:
This item sure sounds a lot like George Schindler's "Comic Prediction" which has been on the market for decades. I'd be interested in the difference (other than the price tag and Mr. Giobbi's name) as there seems to be none from the product description.

As would I Mr. Sisti. I TRULY hope this isn't a case of lifting something already published but rather a case of invention without prior knowledge.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
And there was me, expecting a thread about a trick which Roberto Giobbi was unable to explain.

You live and learn.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Details would be nice.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
I find it hard to believe, that Roberto markets a trick, which appears in his new book. I wonder, if he even knows this. Furthermore, who would be so foolish to shell out 25 bucks for a trick, when he could get the complete 270 plus pages book for under fifty bucks.
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
Roberto was selling this at the Genii Bash at a discounted price so he knows. Yes it is similar to George's Comic Prediction except the selection process.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Is the selection process really deceptive enough to fool magicians as the advertisement suggests?
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Yes, as Roberto has added a great subtlety. But in any case you have to think on your feet as always in the context of this theme. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Quote:
On 2012-12-29 13:53, Uli Weigel wrote:
Furthermore, who would be so foolish to shell out 25 bucks for a trick, when he could get the complete 270 plus pages book for under fifty bucks.

...er, me!

And downright disappointed with it. Apart from the well produced gaffs, I'd advise save your money and stick with either;

a) the original Comic Prediction, or,
b) the original Trick That Cannot be Explained
charliemagic
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of charliemagic
I bot it & was very disappointed.
I totally agree with Roger.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Thank you, guys, for saving us money!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-12-30 18:41, Atom3339 wrote:
Thank you, guys, for saving us money!

AGREED! I almost ordered it, because Robert's name was on it.

The Magic Café to the rescue again!
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On 2012-12-29 13:53, Uli Weigel wrote:
I find it hard to believe, that Roberto markets a trick, which appears in his new book. I wonder, if he even knows this. Furthermore, who would be so foolish to shell out 25 bucks for a trick, when he could get the complete 270 plus pages book for under fifty bucks.

That's it... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1956 Posts

Profile of alexhui
The trick is the last trick in his new book Confidences, astonishingly, description of the marketed trick is exactly from the introduction of the trick in the book.

In general, the gimmicks are easy to make if you know where to obtain the special cards needed, but it won't be as perfect as the gimmicks came with the trick.

In short, it can be a fooler and I can imagine one day someone will still able to fool me with this. HOWEVER, the principle and working of the trick is not something out of your imagination or anything you've never seen. It's rather common, permit me to say.

What you will pay is the gimmick, and the details of the trick, but not a new knowledge in magic, most probably.

Alex Hui
To support 100% honest and unbiased reviews: Donate by PayPal

For BRUTALLY HONEST consultation for your upcoming projects, PM me.

YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
This was sold before the book came out so some may have paid the $25 for it not knowing it was going to be in his book. But, you are also getting the props needed for the trick. I do think it is over price but as far as the effect I like it. I have been doing Marlo's Unexpected Prediction. What I do like is you have more chances to hit the card needed in his version.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Trick That Cannot Be Explained by Roberto Giobbi (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL