The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Random overheard quotations... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
I was with the countless other hoardes of people (who, like me had erroneously thought that they could beat the crowds by doing some of their Christmas shopping today), when I'm pretty sure I overheard this:

'And it was only in the morning that she found out he was her BROTHER...'

I shudder to think of the story behind this admittedly intriguing sequence of words. However, does anybody else have any good 'random overheard conversations' to add to this thread?

I should add that putting a glass to the partition wall to better listen into the neighbours doesn't count. Nor do I advocate the use of devices from Radio Shack that bear the legend 'Use of the 'Super Spy Espionage Ear' is legal only in the following states...'

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
-- QCiC --
El_Lamo
View Profile
Special user
Canada
589 Posts

Profile of El_Lamo
One time my wife and my sister and her daughter (then six) were shopping for Christmas presents.

My sister had impressed on her daughter about the spirit of Christmas, about the value of giving, that she shouldn't be saying she wanted everything... that they were shopping for something for my brother-in-law (the six year old's father, if this was hard to follow.)

As they were going through the clothing section, my little niece spoke up excitedly, "Mommy, I know what Daddy would like for Christmas.... a case of beer."

A woman shopper overheard this and started laughing so hard, she actually fell through a stand of clothing.

Cheers - El Lamo
Life is a system of circumstance presented coincidently in an illusory way.
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
"Who left The Slobber on my desk?!"

Happened to be a copy of a newsletter about dogs. Smile
Mark Williams
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas, Nevada
486 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
Here's one for your list:

Just after taking off from Los Angeles International Airport, while climbing to the proper altitude--A Newlywed couple spoke out. Here's what they said: Wife: "Oh, look Honey--Can you see all of those States down there?" Husband: "No, Honey! Those aren't States, those are Countries!" Smile
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
Smile

Many thanks for the replies. Keep 'em coming!

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
-- QCiC --
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Caleb,

This is what I overheard one day walking into a school staff room.

"Oh that Michael is so hot, I would love to go out with him."

I looked up to see Anita one of the senior members of staff whom looked like a kindly grandmother everyone loves. Rather suprised by her choice of words and not knowing how to respond I said:

Umm yeah Michael (a recent newly hired teacher) is definately good looking I can see how you like him.I continue to ramble on.

She laughs and points to a note in her hand which she tells me she has removed from her grade 7 class, written by one of the girls regarding one of the grade 7 boys.
Smile
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
Chrystal, Smile !!
-- QCiC --
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Smile

Gawd..bad huh?

Smile
Chris Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
Mansfield, TX
155 Posts

Profile of Chris Boyd
I was substitute teaching in Pre-Kindergarten bilingual classroom one day. At the end of the day, I took the class out to the front of the school to be picked up by their parents. One of the little four year old boys I taught was sitting against a wall talking with another student from the class.

He said to his friend, in Spanish:

"Tengo dos novias en México. Yo voy a casarme con los dos."

Which means:

"I have two girlfriends in Mexico. I am going to marry both of them."

It was the cutest thing I had ever heard!
Chris Boyd
"Jaws dropping is the sweetest sound..."
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
Chris,

Nice story. Not so cute if the young man is 24, though... Smile

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
-- QCiC --
TheMagical1
View Profile
New user
Dublin, Ireland
52 Posts

Profile of TheMagical1
Hey Caleb,
heres one for you and I think it is possibly the best lines I have ever overheard, it was actually in a large supermarket where I do my weekly grocery shopping, I had been quqeueing for 10 minutes to weigh my groceries and this older man (in his 60 I guess) and a younger lady (in her early 30), went past me.

All I overheard was older man to lady
"so exactly how much of a vegetarian are you?
Smile Smile I mean... Smile Smile
....would you eat a rack of lamb for example! Smile "

if I hadn't just got to the front of the queue I would have been forced to turn around and follow them to discover her reply to this.

Michael A. Smile
Sleight of Mind:- "A Great Place to Stop for a Break from Reality!"
Mark Williams
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas, Nevada
486 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
Caleb-- I thought of one other for your collection. It is a spur of the moment quote I came up with. I am a Postman here in the Untied States, and while I was delivering the Mail one day this is what happened: I pulled my Mail Truck in front of a Psychic Bookstore and a lady in a jeweled turban came running out of the door and approached me and asked: "How come, you are here so late today?"

My reply was: "How come, you don't know?!!" Smile Smile
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
Michael and Premiata,

Smile Smile Smile

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
-- QCiC --
Chris Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
Mansfield, TX
155 Posts

Profile of Chris Boyd
My dad has a good story.

He was selling cars at a dealership in Phoenix, Arizona in the 70's. On his lunch break one day, he ran across the street to the fast food joint to get a burger, as usual.

This particular day, there were a couple of guys chatting behind him in line. One guy said something that "made (his) heart hurt." He said:

"You know, there ain't nothin' perfect in the whole world..."

To this day, my dad cannot fathom the painful life this poor, dumb man must have lived. What made it worse was the other man's retort:

"Well, if somethin' was perfect, I wouldn't want it..."

My dad is a pretty good guy; he always says that "everyone in the world is doing the best they can to make their way," and he has a lot more tolerance than I do when it comes to complete morons, but I can just see his face contorting as his heart twisted into a knot after hearing that sad conversation.
Chris Boyd
"Jaws dropping is the sweetest sound..."
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
"Whoa! There's a bird in that cage!"

Accidentally recorded on her computer by a friend of mine when someone was startled by one of her pets. The phrase is now used by many of my friends (who have heard the original over and over) whenever something shocking happens as a sort of "in joke", and it always gets weird looks...

-Reg {*}
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Random overheard quotations... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL