The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Godfather Rips You a New One, *New DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8710 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Anything coming from the magical mind of The Godfather is good eats for sure. Always fun stuff with loads of creativity and strong magic from a wizard with some real funk to him.

These DVDs always take great effort to produce and if you like good closeup magic, especially cards and even some coin stuff, then I encourage you to let The Godfather Rip You a New One with his latest cauldron of effects. You're assured of some wonderful magic as Vinny ain't your average bear, that's for sure.

http://www.vinnymarini.com

Here's what they are saying about it. Smile

-Mb

Quote:
On 2012-12-28 23:40, evikshin wrote:
Our very own Godfather of Magic is at it again!! Vinny will be releasing a new DVD very soon filled with his unique brand of card magic.

We did a Skype session few days ago, and, after exchanging some ideas, he decided to give me a preview of some of the effects. Let's just say that my mind was blown. I swear, this man has a very unique, one in a million, self taught way of handling cards. The moves are bold, and, dare I say, ACROBATIC. They will require practice, but look like real magic when mastered. He showed me his coin toss effect, where he can control how the coin lands, and it really looks as good as described! His approach to the classic ACAAN plots is refreshing, and I can see it absolutely killing laypeople (and magicians). "Wildtime Revisited" fooled me very bad. He lays 6 jokers face down on the table (the deck is out of play). He even shows their faces as he lays them down. Magically, one by one, they turn into the Ace of Clubs. No gaffed cards or gimmicks, just advanced, futuristic sleight of hand!

Below is a list of the contents:

1, joker kings: a small packet effect transposition... the kings and the jokeers change places one at at time the 4 at a time

2, ambitious aces: a card effect where the selected card finds the 4 aces in the pack one at a time all the while the selected card always rises to the top of the pack and at the end the four aces find the ambitious card. The routine goes full circle..

3. touch: an effect where the spectator touches a card from a spread on the table and it turns out to be the slected card.
this effect can be used in ACAAN or just a revelation.

4 card thru a hanky: a classic effect, the spectator holds the pack of cards that is tied in a rubberband placed into a hanky, the card is then pushed thru the hanky.

5. floored: effect based on a han pien chen with cards. a selected card is placed into the face up deck face down
and magically the card is seen moving down the pack as it emerges face dowen from the pack

6. Boxed sandwich: a classic in card magic! the effect: the sandwich card ends up in the card box sandwiched between two cards

7 wild time revisited: another small packet effect based on a wild card theme. all the cards can be handed out for inspection...no double faces or double backers and no gimmicks just six cards are used.

8. colorzone: a small packet effect I have been working on for 15 years the cards magically change color at will

9. godfather rips you anew one: this effect is a torn and restored plot however the spectator teaRS THE SIGNED CARD THAT MAGICALLY RESTORES ITSELF.

10. signed borrowed coing thru glass: the signed coin penetrates the glass and the coin is then given back to the spectator.
this effect can be done with quarters,half dollars and poker chips if necessary.

11. The marini money maker: a coin is flipped into the air, what ever side (heads or tails) the spectator calls that's how the coin lands. this can be done with any coin and the spectator can even catch the coin. this is not the normal wobble effect. I developed this technique over 55 years ago and it is not in print. It is about 98 percent accurate and worth the price of the dvd.....

12. bonus section

I truly appreciate Vinny's generosity in sharing his life's work with us.
-Evan
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1593 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I don't see the dvd in Vinny's web page...
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8710 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
Our very own Godfather of Magic is at it again!! Vinny will be releasing a new DVD very soon filled with his unique brand of card magic.

-Evan

Keep checking. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
547 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Quote:
On 2012-12-29 10:23, Mb217 wrote:
Quote:

-Evan

Keep checking. Smile

Keep checking back, or keep checking? Smile (Because I can't find it anywhere on the site)
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Vinny Marini is a wonderful creator, so this is exciting news. Thanks Marion!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10720 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
The Godfather Tips His Hand is now being replicated and will soon be available for sale.

Click here to view attached image.
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8710 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Well, there'ya go from the horse's mouth...Nice pic, Vinny. Smile

And anytime The Godfather "Tips his hand" as to his magic, one would be smart to be all ears with eyes front. Smile

Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2012-12-29 13:47, vinsmagic wrote:
The Godfather Tips His Hand is now being replicated and will soon be available for sale.

GREAT cover!
jayres
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of jayres
Looking forward to it!!

Jay
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
I'm too am looking forward to its release. From what I understand, this DVD has had at least one re-shoot and has been "in production" for well over a year.

I like Vinny's thinking and his resulting effects. I always enjoy seeing his unique sleights and perspective on some of the classic magic effects. I got hooked way back when...when Vinny came out with his one-card Card Warp version called "Warped and Restored".

If you haven't seen Vinny's prior two DVDs ("Top Gun" and "The Godfather"), IMHO, they are definitely worth a look...and your time.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
MuscleMagic
View Profile
Special user
794 Posts

Profile of MuscleMagic
Always great stuff look forward getting this
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Godfather Rips You a New One, *New DVD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL