The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Joker Lam's parasols don't open (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Okay, when I have parasol in my back in a e*astic b*lt, and take it out, it wont open up in a th*mb c*ip position. WHAT can I do??????

RJH
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2480 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Hmm not sure sounds like either the parasol is not working correctly or you are holding it incorrectly. they should just pop open.

try different parasol first to see if its that. if not then its the way you are holding it.

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
I know what this is. Look at where the tines attach to the posts, some hinges will be twisted. This is caused when you push the parasol closed. Never do that -- always pull down the interior plastic ring. Also be carefull compressing or twisting a closed parasol. Now the bad news -- you will need a new set. The good news? Another box of 7 is not too much. I tend to need a new one every few years...
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Yes, Bill, I think that is the reason. Thanks.

RJH
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
And today the worst happened, the parasol bang=dead. I taked all of my parasols (12) and took them out and tested what was the parasol that didn't open up. When I getted to it, it opened, but 1 of the ribs (or the thing that goes from the middle to the sides) breaked. Well, now I have 4 yellows, 4 whites and 3 reds... But everything will break someday. Now I know what not to do. I will not get new set in next couple of months, but we will see.

RJH
elliottmagic
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of elliottmagic
A tip...
I have found with the umbrellas, less is more. You don't want to overwhelm the audience with all of these umbrellas. I feel that 12 umbrellas is way too many. My routine uses 5 or 6 and I leave the audience wanting more!
Jeff McBride taught me this, always leave your audience wanting more, and never overwhelm them.
Elliott
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Yes, I HAVE 11 parasols, but I don't use them all.

RJH
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Joker Lam's parasols don't open (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL