The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The most times you've seen a movie...Walked out of any? fell asleep? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
483 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Films I see over and over: Dumb & Dumber, Back to the future

Film I didn´t finish watching: Men at work (Emilio Estevez and Charlie Sheen)

Håkan

Smile
jonesc2ii
View Profile
Loyal user
Oxford, England
235 Posts

Profile of jonesc2ii
I have seen these loads of times:

The Matrix, One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest, The Crow
The Lost Boys, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Hemoglobin, L A Confidential, Blade Runner,
Happy Gilmore, Most Bruce Lee films, Capricorn One
Total Recall, The Sting,
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Most Marilyn Monroe films
Twelve Monkeys, Time Bandits, Brazil
Most Monty Python films, This is Spinal Tap
The Batman films, Rain Man, Most Rutger Hauer films
The Usual Suspects, Goodfellas, Cool Hand Luke,
Star Wars, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, john Carpenter's Vampires, Bram Stoker's (!) Dracula
The only film I've ever seen at the cinema where people walked out was Eyes Wide Shut, almost everybody got up and walked. I'm not surprised either, I hated it. I like to give a movie every chance to get better so I stayed to the bitter end.
www.ixyl.co.uk/forums - for when you fancy a debate or a quiet chat.
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Anyone like the comedy of Waiting for Guffman, Those guys are genuises...also their other 2 movies.

Ellen
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6655 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2003-11-26 19:33, Ellen wrote:
Anyone like the comedy of Waiting for Guffman, Those guys are genuises...also their other 2 movies.

Ellen

"Best In Show" & "A Mighty Wind" both also very funny.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Evan Williams
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Evan Williams
Most times watched? It has to be Billy Madison for me.

Fell asleep? Texas Chainsaw Massacre of course! Or maybe it was the other way around, not sleeping for weeks... hmm Smile Smile
Chris Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
Mansfield, TX
155 Posts

Profile of Chris Boyd
Hey Evan,

I work for a small entertainment company here in Austin called Three Ring Service dealing Blackjack and C.r.a.p.s. and stuff, and I will hopefully soon be contracted out doing magic for kid's parties.

Anyway, the owner (my boss) Allen Danziger played Jerry the hippie in the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre! I am assuming that you fell asleep during the remade flick, yeah?
Chris Boyd
"Jaws dropping is the sweetest sound..."
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
Only walked out of a movie once in my life, Elvis Presley in Blue Hawaii. I'm still waiting for a plot to emerge. Thois happemed first run, back when I was a teen, and teens never walk ouut of the King's movies.
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
As much as I love The King, his movies suck. Smile
christopher carter
View Profile
Special user
660 Posts

Profile of christopher carter
Walked out of Ishtar.

Got stuck on a plane from New York to Chicago that, for weather reasons, became a nine hour ordeal. To keep the passengers occupied they showed the movie three times. The movie? Groundhog's Day Smile

--Chris
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5725 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Walked our of "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"...

Most boring big budget martial art flick, imo...

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
jonesc2ii
View Profile
Loyal user
Oxford, England
235 Posts

Profile of jonesc2ii
Crouching Tiger's cool if you treat it with the same frame of mind as you would approach Batman. Smile
www.ixyl.co.uk/forums - for when you fancy a debate or a quiet chat.
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
I've seen Raiders of the Lost Ark somewhere around 150 times, maybe more. I know almost all the dialog and even the music cues by memory. Plus being a kung fu guy, I tend to watch Bruce Lee movies over and over again, especially Enter the Dragon, Return of the Dragon, and The Chinese Connection. That goes for Jackie Chan too, especially Half a Loaf of Kung Fu and Rumble in the Bronx. Add in most Humphrey Bogart flicks (especially with Bacall), all Abbott and Costello and Marx Brothers movies and Joe vs. the Volcano, and that's about it for the many repeaters.

Walked out on this monstrous piece of manga/anime called something like Urotoksodoji: Legend of the Overfiend. After about a ten minute setup, as far as I could tell the movie is one long series of violent sexual assaults using demons to expand the possibilities. I remember hearing people getting sick as I was leaving. I couldn't bring myself to look up the correct name because I don't want my computer to think I'm that twisted. If you ever see it advertised, stay well away, you'll thank me for it.

Even though I love the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey, I often fall asleep during the ending. Not from boredom though, it just seems to totally relax me for some reason.

-Reg {*}
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
kilgourpower
View Profile
New user
London
72 Posts

Profile of kilgourpower
Star Wars-A new Hope,at least 250 times.Cant beat it!

I fell asleep during the Hulk.Man that film was like hypnosis! Smile
Ricahato
View Profile
Regular user
denver
113 Posts

Profile of Ricahato
There are lots of movies I've seen lotts of times but the one I'm stating to memorize is toy story, that is the prize I paid for living with my cousing and her kids for three months Smile I guess anyone living with kids has experienced this.
whitelephant
View Profile
New user
Jerusalem
97 Posts

Profile of whitelephant
I had a video of Dances with wolves in University, going to school full time working full time, theatre on the side. Every so often I would say "hey I actually three straight hours with nothing planned-I'm going to watch that movie!"

I saw the opening shots at least 12 times- never stayed awake long eneough to know what the movie was about.

One more to mention-I was watching David Lynch's wild at Heart, and said to myself about twenty minutes through "one more close-up on a ciggerette and I'm-that's it unwatchable" and walked out.
drink water...
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
Yes, "Wild At Heart" is not Lynch's best.

But "Eraserhead"- oh dear god, the beauty. Smile
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1397 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1901 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
I almost never watch a movie more than once, rarely twice and if it's a classic three times. But the most?

Count of Monte Cristo (6 times)(everything else is a distant second).

Movies I've seen so many times I can't count because I've been subjected to them annually?

Wizard of Oz
It's A Wonderful Life

Movies I've walked out of? Only one

Dogma (The most offensive movie I've ever seen

Steven
Coram Deo
M@gic Man
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
121 Posts

Profile of M@gic Man
I have seen the Lord of the Rings, the Fellowship of the Ring, about 45 times, still one of my favourite films. Smile
Its not what you do, but how you do it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The most times you've seen a movie...Walked out of any? fell asleep? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL