We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » MAMA (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of mindguru
This has got me interested.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Major studios don't want to make a period horror film from the 20's.
There have been some recent indi films, they were faithful to the period and the material.

I hope ypu're right on the next big thing.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6988 Posts

Profile of Dougini
WOW! That one scared me! Spilled a whole glass of iced tea all over me! I jumped right out of my chair! My gosh...they DO still make scary movies! Woo... Smile

Doug
Jon W.
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Jon W.
Has anyone seen Mama yet? I am still debating whether to watch in the theater or wait to rent.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4403 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Well I hope it is better then Sinister,what a load of old tripe ,looked promising at the start ,middle lost interest,ending really let it down.
GeoffreyD
View Profile
Loyal user
Canberra, Australia
244 Posts

Profile of GeoffreyD
Although I haven't seen them, I've been told that these movies are quite interesting:

http://www.cthulhulives.org/cocmovie/index.html

http://www.cthulhulives.org/Whisperer/index.html
Cheers
Geoffrey
www.dark-myst.com.au
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1098 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
If you are looking for a scary yet hilarious movie try 'A Haunted House' by Wayans Productions...it is very cool!
konjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
Iowa
400 Posts

Profile of konjurer
I saw Mama with my wife yesterday. It was very, very good in my opinion. Just like the short movie. I jumped out of my seat many times during the course of the movie. Guillermo del Toro is phenomenal storyteller. One of my all time favorite horror movies is del Toro's fairy tale called Pans Labyrinth; a beautiful and frightening tale.

Mama is a refreshing ghost story because it has some depth to the back story of the ghost...unlike most ghost stories on film these days. And it was, for the most part, actually scary.

Go see Mama but you might want to wear a pair of adult diapers.

Tim
===========================================
Clever stuff goes here!
ummer21
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of ummer21
I cant imagine the preparation that went into this. I always prep the night before! LOL candy etc. this is the real deal. .This is what magic is.
A.J.Drake
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
211 Posts

Profile of A.J.Drake
@Firestarter: The Trailer of "Sinister" looked promising. Too bad that it doesn´t live up those expectations. I was so keen on watching it. Smile

Last good scary movie I watched was "The woman in black". Good old fashioned ghost movie. Smile
Magic is everywhere ...

www.ajdrake.de

www.facebook.com/a.j.drake
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4403 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2013-01-21 02:45, A.J.Drake wrote:
@Firestarter: The Trailer of "Sinister" looked promising. Too bad that it doesn´t live up those expectations. I was so keen on watching it. Smile

Last good scary movie I watched was "The woman in black". Good old fashioned ghost movie. Smile

Oh yes "The woman in black". seen it twice at the theatre ,film at the pictures and read the book,i love it and is my favorite of all time.
A.J.Drake
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
211 Posts

Profile of A.J.Drake
Have not read the book yet. But it´s on my list. Smile
I liked the overall tone of the film very much.
It was creepy, scary, frighting, with a good story and no gore at all.

Those kind of films give me more chills and goosebumps than any other so called hack and slash movie (although sometimes I like watching those movies too).
Magic is everywhere ...

www.ajdrake.de

Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4403 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Those kind of films give me more chills and goosebumps than any other so called hack and slash movie.

You are right there, I do not like too much of the red stuff,lol.
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Saw MAMA on its opening day. If you like the trailer and short subject, you are going to like the full length version. Well done visuals--which have a feeling of Ringu/Repulsion meets the Exorcist's spider girl in its most effective moments. It might not have the dark Victorian atmosphere of Woman in Black (what a fine ghost film!), but MAMA has that draw-your-feet-up-into-the-seat creepiness I think we all look for in a horror fest. An added attraction is child actors who are actually pretty good. Can't beat a creepy child for terror. Recommended.

BC
Phasmologist
Jon W.
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Jon W.
I will probably check it out now then instead of waiting. I did enjoy the link for the short when I watched that awhile back.
A.J.Drake
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
211 Posts

Profile of A.J.Drake
I will give it a try for sure......the Trailer got me from the first moment.
Have to look up when it´s starting here in Germany.
Magic is everywhere ...

www.ajdrake.de

YitzhakNoDice
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
509 Posts

Profile of YitzhakNoDice
I'm looking forward to seeing Mama. Meanwhile for those of you like me have to wait for it to come around, I might suggest some off beat Japanese horror films:

Kuroneko or "A Black Cat in a Bamboo Grove", 1968, directed by Kaneto Shindo

Higuchinsky's 'Uzumaki'

'Rashomon' directed by Akira Kurosawa (The film is the origin of the term 'The Rashomon Effect".)

However, you might want to brush up on your Japanese folk tales to get the full impact of these films.
A wise man's question contains half the answer. - Solomon ben Judah, Philosopher
cbusch55
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of cbusch55
Saw Mama yesterday and enjoyed it immensely. Grabbed me from the beginning and never let go. What makes this film work is the creepy little moments. Like the way the girls move at times and things that are seen for a moment sometimes in the background. Very atmospheric.
kcalB
View Profile
Inner circle
Took me 16 years to make
1001 Posts

Profile of kcalB
Mama Mia, Is all I can say !

Nice find Eddie.

SB
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Off to see Mama tonight!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » MAMA (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL