The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » I am so friggin stupid (or careless) with T.U.C. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
I NEVER spend loose change. All change goes in a big heavy glass jar and is emptied and taken to the bank every year at vacation time.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
896 Posts

Profile of evikshin
***...I feel your pain, sorry my friend...If it makes you feel any better I had an expensive expanded shell once that got smashed to bits and had to be thrown away (long story). That was a 150 dollar mistake (yikes)
Evan
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4936 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On 2012-12-31 13:13, Mr. Tango wrote:
Sorry about that my friend, you should use the TUC in the plastic case that we include.
Believe or not, many times in magic congress magicians came to me to ask a discount for a new TUC because they spent the other one like you.

Happy new year !

I would not have ever felt you owed me a new one when I was the dummy that spent it in the first place. Lucky I live in a small town and went back shortly after they opened (hoping they hadn't given it as change last night) and we went thru todays and yesterdays drawers. all I did was scoop my big magnet around in the quarter drawer and BOOM!!! there it was Smile the story had a happy ending, a lesson learned and now that I have played around with it all day (cause I missed it so much) I must say - I really like the idea of the T.U.C. and will now save up for either a Walking Liberty T.U.C. or a Morgan T.U.C. - thought about selling or trading the quarter T.U.C but what the heck it is a great gaff to toss in a coin purse and do some impromptu magic from time to time. The T.U.C. is a fantastic Idea for a coin gaff.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7041 Posts

Profile of bowers
My morgen tuc is great.
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
One of few benefits of the fact that UK magicians perform using American coins... we can't spend them!

... Whether that outweighs the fact that audiences are eternally interested in why you're using those coins or not...

Glad you found it.

Owen
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2676 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I'm in the same train as Andre. Never carry change at all, and rarely paper money much more than a five dollar bill. If I go
somewhere and they don't take debit cards... I'm out, but that's really rare.
It's really amazing that you found it. My TUC is a Kennedy '64, so I'd be really cranky. But I would think trying to spend a
50 cent piece in this day would get enough attention to realize what you were doing.
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
Nice to hear you were able to find your TUC.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4936 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Have played with it some since I got it back and I do like the idea of it. It is a pretty cool gaff and I see possibilities here.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
I'm glad you found it, I'm still out a Johnson half-dollar flipper that has vanished into a "black hole" somewhere! I've got to admit that it I can't perceive how you approached the clerk in regards to your quest:

(Blues Brother voice)"Excuse me mam, but I'm a magician and I believe that I accidently gave you my "magical" quarter!" No, that's NOT like the "magic beans" used in "Jack and the Beanstalk!" Anyway, I have my "special magical coin finder" with me,(produce magnet) note that it's simply a chunk of metal that looks deceptively like an everyday household magnet, but it's really a supernatural coin finder that helps me locate wayward coins that run away! It WILL locate my magical quarter, I guarantee you! May I please look through your quarters and try to find it with my special apparatus? I must warn you, however, that if we locate said magic coin that you must forget anything that you've seen and disavow all knowledge of what I've told you or I'll have to kill you! Now, pretty please with cream and sugar on it, may I please check your quarters?"

Sir Richard.
"In the land of Murphy there is but ONE law!"
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4151 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Poof- Daddy ,i know exactly how you feel after spending 2 of my coin unique's valued at £75.00 ,was absolutly gutted,replaced for £60.00 if I remember rightly,never want to do that again and always put away seperatly from any other.

Went to the dollar store where I spent some change and the girl and I dug thru the quarters (with a strong rare earth neo magnet) and low and behold guess what jumped up and scared us both. whew, I am glad that was where I spent it and not walmart.

Good you got yours back ,the chinese shop were I suspect I spent mine would not check for me.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4151 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Double post,sorry
ArturoZ.
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
59 Posts

Profile of ArturoZ.
Is the T.U.C the same as a sliperry sam or TT/3CM?
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7041 Posts

Profile of bowers
Ha arturoz.
no it works in a different mechanical way.
you can do all of the same effects as the coins
you mention above though.its the best new innovation
that has come along in a while.
todd
ArturoZ.
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
59 Posts

Profile of ArturoZ.
Hmmm, thanks Todd it sounds interesting. Is there any routines/videos/dvd where this gimmick is used?
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7041 Posts

Profile of bowers
Mr tango the inventor of this wonderful coin.
has a new dvd coming out in a week or so called
tuc secrets.it should be in all the major magic
sites soon.google magic Café tuc video and you
can watch one of our own here [trooper perform a
coins across video.its a very clean way of performing
this routien.
ArturoZ.
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
59 Posts

Profile of ArturoZ.
Thanks! I will check this out! One last question for you, I ordered a 3CF from Jamie, is there a need to also get the T.U.C, in other words, can the T.U.C do things that the 3CF cannot?
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7041 Posts

Profile of bowers
I don't have the 3cf arturoz but I do have the lassen triple threat.
and all though I do love it.i honestly love my tuc more.but that's
just me.
ArturoZ.
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
59 Posts

Profile of ArturoZ.
Thanks Todd I will definately look into this sounds like a cool gaff.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7041 Posts

Profile of bowers
Your welcome arturoz and welcome to the Café.
todd
ArturoZ.
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
59 Posts

Profile of ArturoZ.
Thanks youre very kind!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » I am so friggin stupid (or careless) with T.U.C. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL