The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The OFFICIAL 2012 Café E-Book of the Year Award Thread (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Yes, Vlad, thanks.

I large percentage of my purchases are digital these days... I had trouble narrowing it down to one item

See you next year,

dave
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
925 Posts

Profile of muse
I'm glad there was no outright first place, if that had meant one ebook winning by virtue of having two votes and several others with one. If the point of a 'best of' exercise is to raise awareness of things that are worthy of attention, and not necessarily to applaud a particular winner, (and I believe that for this kind of forum-based award that is the case) then this has been a success. Thanks Vlad for the thought and effort you put into it.
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
632 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
I want to echo what muse said and say thank you to Vlad for the effort that he put into this and the book of the year thread. I am hesitant to vote in these threads because if I do buy some books that year the amount that I buy (and get to read that year), I just don't think that I can give a fair assessment when there are others that I wasn't able to read. That being said, I really enjoy these threads and get some great recommendations from reading others thoughts on their selections.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Yep, thanks Vlad.

Appreciate it my friend.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Thanks to all of YOU! You made it all worth it! Smile

I am swirling around an idea that might bring morefocus to both this award and the other. It's especially suited to this award. The rough idea is to crate a two threads, essentially splitting everything in tw. So for example we would have nominations for a period of five months and each member can nominate three e-books or video downloads. Then we'll choose the top three vote getters. Then another round of nominations for another 5 months and agin a tally of the top three. These six would represent the resources to vote on for the award itself. Again it's only a rough idea and I have a few more but I'm not certain yet how to implement these others. In a month I will make thread about ideas I have for your consideration.

The e-book/downloads award is a double edged sword in that there are so many of them, but, unlike physical books, they are considerably less expensive and thus I would think less time would be needed to read/view them. Who knows? Smile

Again thanks all! First steps are always the most difficult and the most exciting. All of you have made these first steps a lot easier. Smile

Namaste,
Vlad
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3250 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Quote:
On 2013-01-05 12:08, dmoses wrote:
I don't want to offend friends whose books I might have bought but haven't included here, but I'll restrict my votes for eBooks from which contained information that I actually used in paid gigs:

Looch's 4.8 and SAD Night
Bill Cushman's Dr. Bill's Bend

I used the material from all three of these eBooks.

I also really enjoyed McBride/Haas's The Show Doctor and hope that it paves the way for more truly well designed multimedia eBooks.

Honourable Mention: Elliott Bressler's Switchcraft CONTINUES to deliver the best value in an magic publication EVER.

Thank you so much for the honorable mention!

Switchcraft did grow by 50 pages in 2012, including two routines, 5 billet switches, a center tear, and a large number of great billet tips.

(And I also released three supplements for Mind Blasters USA.)

Elliott
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Nice that 'Across The Void" got a mention, the e-book version contained a couple of extra references so was not an identical copy of the print version.

Paul.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The OFFICIAL 2012 Café E-Book of the Year Award Thread (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL