The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Looking for someone that recalls seeing this some where! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Fantasy Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto,Ontario,Canada
244 Posts

Profile of Fantasy Knight
Hello my fellow Magic friends and members alike. I was not sure where to post this so I'm posting it here.

I would like to see if someone could help me with something here, does anyone recall ever seeing this, theres a deck of cards sitting on the table with the card box I believe in center of mat, you then take two cards and stick one over one side and one over the other of the card box about half there length, now you place if I recall was a salt shaker on there centers, now you cut two packets of cards and place one on each card on fourty five degree angle, now I do believe theres more to this but this is the basics of it. At this point when you lift the salt the weight of the cards on the two sticking out with flip over revealing there faces... now I do believe there was four cards used but I may be wrong as its been a long time since I seen this stunt done any where.
If someone knows any place I can see this or find it in print or maybe share a detailed description of it, I would be more than greatful. I know its not a very magical effect but I'm looking to use this for an advertising pitch.

Thanks to anyone taking the time to read this and many many thanks to anyone that can shine some light on it for me.

Rick Anderson
Grew up near one of the greatest minds in magic the late Stewart James, in a town called Wallaceburg just 15 mins from Courtright where James could be found, time and time again he would inspire me to always be creative and just love all magic.
drumdemon420
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of drumdemon420
That is from Art of Astonishment Volume 2. There are two versions but the effect is essentially the same in both. They are Called FlapJacks and Pre-Mixed FlapJacks respectively. It does in fact produce 4 cards but I'm sure it can be modified to produce either two, three or four. I remember tinkering with it once upon a time and the placement has to be fairly precise to get the cards to "flop."
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Yep! Paul Harris' "FlapJacks" (originally from his "SuperMagic" book?) I'm intrigued by this mention of the "Pre-Mioxed FlapJacks" effect. What did that effect do differently from the original "FlapJacks" effect.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Fantasy Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto,Ontario,Canada
244 Posts

Profile of Fantasy Knight
THANK YOU THANK YOU....THANKKKKK YOU drumdemon420..and..Turk, now that yous have brought this to my attention I do recall now, that was where I had seen this effect. Off to my man cave now to see if I can find it. You's have been a great help and I'm more than GREATFUL...HAPPY NEW YEARS CHEERS!
Grew up near one of the greatest minds in magic the late Stewart James, in a town called Wallaceburg just 15 mins from Courtright where James could be found, time and time again he would inspire me to always be creative and just love all magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Looking for someone that recalls seeing this some where! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL