The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card Force question. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
MC Spread Double Lift is described in "Workers Number 2" by Michael Close.
Mr. Close has pdf version of all 5 volumes compiled in one.

Hideo Kato
magicman491
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of magicman491
Where can you watch a performance of the MC spread double lift?
MuscleMagic
View Profile
Special user
794 Posts

Profile of MuscleMagic
Quote:
On 2013-01-01 03:05, R.E. Byrnes wrote:
Hindu shuffle force should be outlawed.
ever see the Michael Ammar version of the hindu shuffle?
Cohiba
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
749 Posts

Profile of Cohiba
Quote:
On 2013-01-02 01:11, magicman491 wrote:
Where can you watch a performance of the MC spread double lift?

I didn't see any clips online, but this is what it looks like:
You spread the cards, offering the spectator to touch one. Whichever card they touch, you out-jog, then square up the deck, but leaving the selection still out-jogged. You then pull the selection out and flip it back, face-up onto the deck. This last action is similar to a double turn-over but in the opposite direction - the card is flipped lengthwise back onto the deck.

Hope this helps visualize the move.
Cohiba
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
749 Posts

Profile of Cohiba
Quote:
On 2013-01-01 15:50, NapoleonII wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback. I will be checking out the Lorayne Force, under the spread force and touch force as I am unfamiliar with them. Cohiba, it does matter if I see the card for the trick I have in mind, but I'll also be looking up the one you suggested, thanks. I like the idea of the criss-cross force if I have a surface available, but as I'd like to control the card to the bottom afterwards it might prove a little tricky as I am not well versed in table magic Smile

Napoleon (can I assume Dynamite?):

The MC Spread Double Lift is a good force, but it does allow the magician to see the card as well - so if it's supposed to be a hidden selection, it's not as good. I believe I saw Mike Close do the move with his face turned away, however.
The under-spread cull force would work better for an un-seen selection, though you have to work a little to make sure the back doesn't flash. It is definitely doable, however.
NapoleonII
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of NapoleonII
Bonaparte! Smile
Well if the double is outjogged from the middle, then I could just leave it there and raise the deck to show the selection. This avoids the clumsiness of replacing a double lengthwise, and avoids me seeing the selection as well.
I'm thinking then to separate the pack at the selection and squaring, thus the different-backed selection is on the bottom of the top packet held by the right hand, showing it one last time, and then executing the Kelly bottom replacement. Spread the deck saying the card is somewhere in the middle, lost. This telegraphs multiple times the fact that the card has a 'normal' back.
nathanmorris
View Profile
New user
UK
56 Posts

Profile of nathanmorris
Spread cull force, and the hindu shuffle is deceptive so long as you add an extra subtlety, such as a center strip out
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card Force question. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL