The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Why are so many topics in here NOT funny? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8689 Posts

Profile of harris
But the road was a Hassidic Jew.

Shalom,

hopeful Harris
who is still putting up topics about adding comedy to your act
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
AllAboutMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
California
333 Posts

Profile of AllAboutMagic
Thank you Bob for making this post relevant again.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Crap bobs to the surface...
calamari
View Profile
Elite user
The San Francisco Bay Area
429 Posts

Profile of calamari
There have been some really great threads on this forum, I loved the thread discussing comedy club's and what they look for when booking act's, (laughs per min etc..) very helpful and insightful. Wish there were less crap threads as well but... if they are the only threads being posted on in this forum it's only because there are few alternatives...
"I came, I saw, SHE conquered." (The original Latin seems to have been garbled.)
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I just picked up Jay Sankey's DVD on comedy at Abbott's, looking forward to watching it. You may have a CD copy of various stand up routines Jay did at several comedy clubs- very funny and all original stuff. I learned a lot from the CD- his timing is terrific. Being a Gospel magician I obviously cannot do "blue material"- but bottom line- good magic has always been about entertainment first and liking you as a person, and the "fooling you" element second.

One thing that has seemed to work for me lately is I have added a bunch of lawyer jokes to my close up routine (as I am an attorney)- great way to poke fun of myself (and not the magic). To take a nice smiling photo of a bunch of attorneys, just have them look at the camera, and "Just say fees."

So if you are a electrician, for example, electrical jokes might work: "My act is as popular as an Amish electrician." Or, when I come home the wife says: "Wire are you insulate?" My reply: "Watt's it to you, I'm ohm, ain't I." Yikes, you get my point (although poorly made here).
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2574 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
I know this will read as me being facetious but it's meant genuinely... I'm wondering why Bob Saunders and Bowers don't just PM their game thread posts to each other? They presumably will still get whatever it is they get from it and everyone else gets a part of the forum that deals with the stuff it was intended to cater for.

In recent months the diversity of topics have been varied and pretty interesting and we've heard from some that haven't posted here before. The traffic is lighter but that's because the topics have focused on issues to do with the niche subject that this section of the Café was designed to cater for. Shame to let that disappear and have it turn into a quagmire of dross again.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
btedeski
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh PA
322 Posts

Profile of btedeski
The title of this forum is "Now that’s funny!"
that lends itself to posting things that somebody finds funny.
I personally find very little in this forum funny.

What we need is a forum called "The Anatomy of Comedy Magic"
were scientifically dissect comedy and magic to learn what is funny and what is not....
Billy The Clown
www.BillyTheClown.com

Bill Tedeski
Pittsburgh PA

Were magic is just too funny....
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8689 Posts

Profile of harris
My suggestion is to comment on or start more threads on comedy, magic or other things.

If we focus on the solution rather than the problem.....
and as someone ask...what do you do when the whirling dervish move in next door...
...the answer...let them whirl.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2574 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Btedeski, the heading for this section of the Café, 'Now That's Funny' is described on the forum index page as being for the, "General discussion on comedy magic"
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7042 Posts

Profile of bowers
I noticed when the game threads ceased for a while.
The same topics lingered on and on.Nothing new was added.
Surely nothing really funny.I wonder if this forum could
really survive if the game threads were took away.Thats
mostly why I played the game threads.nothing new really
being added to keep the intrest here.And please I hope
this don"t get everyones pa%t%s in a wad.
AllAboutMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
California
333 Posts

Profile of AllAboutMagic
I disagree......there were new topics all the time. It wasn't as much as other threads but that's because there is not that many active posters here because of the gag topics. people were still hearing that the ridiculous topics had ceased and they were slowly coming back over.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
If you have not seen Mark Shortland work, check him out on youtube. He does a terrific job of blending together relational humor right into his clever magic routines. Just outstanding stuff. His lecturing is the same way- very fresh and engaging.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Why are so many topics in here NOT funny? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL