The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Some pictures (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1306 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Here's some shots snapped at Christmas and new years.

Shot from the main cemetery:

A private mausoleum from the cemetery (now open to the public):

Another angle:

New years eve bonfire at my mother-in-law's ranch:

Fireworks gone a bit wrong...it hit a tree on the way up (nobody got hurt):

Sent from my Typewriter
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Nice. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Hi mvmagic. Very nice pictures. I'm confused about something that maybe you can help me on.

I've tried posting pictures on the Café from time to time with varying degrees of success. As an attachment, it states that the size limits are 75,000 bytes and width and height are limited to 500 x 300 pixels. Your pictures are considerably larger than that. One is 1024 x 682 pixels and 116,371 bytes. Even when I've sized my pictures down, I'll still occasionaly get the message that it doesn't meet the requirements. So, how do you do it?

Thanks,
Mike
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Awesome!
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11159 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2013-01-01 22:45, rockwall wrote:
Hi mvmagic. Very nice pictures. I'm confused about something that maybe you can help me on.

I've tried posting pictures on the Café from time to time with varying degrees of success. As an attachment, it states that the size limits are 75,000 bytes and width and height are limited to 500 x 300 pixels. Your pictures are considerably larger than that. One is 1024 x 682 pixels and 116,371 bytes. Even when I've sized my pictures down, I'll still occasionaly get the message that it doesn't meet the requirements. So, how do you do it?

Thanks,
Mike

Don't attach your pictures using the Café's system. Upload your photos to another server. I use my own website, MVmagic uses Photobucket.

Then copy the URL that links directly to your photo, and put it here with the proper BB Code tags surrounding it. Very simple... first this [ bracket, followed by img, followed by the ] bracket. Then the URL for the photo. Finally the [bracket, followed by /img, followed by the ] bracket.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Following is a copy and paste from the Café FAQ area and pretty much details what Michael said above....Use your own source of photo files for the hyperlink; the Café's system can't handle large photo files.

Marlin1894 put me onto Imageshack as a place to store photos for linking to the Café. Just google them and you'll be putting great pics in here in no time! Good luck and happy new year!

Café URL Hyperlinking

There are two ways of creating a clickable hyperlink in your messages. The first way is to simply type the full URL into your message, as follows:

http://themagiccafe.com

OR:

http://www.themagiccafe.com

Notice that you can either use the complete http:// address or shorten it to the www domain. If the site does not begin with "www", you must use the complete "http://" address. Also, you may use https and ftp URL prefixes in your URL link.

The old code will still work, as detailed below......cafe.com

You can also have true hyperlinks using the code. Just use the following format:
......ick here

In the examples above, the BBCode automatically generates a hyperlink to the URL that is encased. The message board scripts ensure that the link is opened in a new window when the user clicks on it. Note that the "http://" part of the URL is completely optional in the first and second examples. In the third example above, the URL will hyperlink the text to whatever URL you provide after the equal sign. Also note that you should NOT use quotation marks inside the URL tag.

Email Links
To add a hyperlinked email address within your message, just encase the email address as shown in the following example (BBCode is in yellow).

[email]stevebrooks@themagiccafe.com[/email]
In the example above, the BBCode automatically generates a hyperlink to the email address that is encased.

Bold and Italics
You can make italicized text or make text bold by encasing the applicable sections of your text with either the or tags.

Hello, Steve Brooks
Hello, Mya Angel
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
More magic from Finland! Thanks for the photos mvmagic!
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Thanks Michael and Bob1.
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Beautiful shots, thanks for sharing that! Smile
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Those first two look like a Christmas Card.

Very beautiful.

-Mary Mowder
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Awesome pics.
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1306 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Thank you everyone. The chapel in the first picture is special to me...thats where we had my mom's funeral service.
Sent from my Typewriter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Some pictures (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.48 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL