The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » My Tenyo Want List (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
What is the T- number of your "That is your Card" ?
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2403 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Will have to double check.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
The instructions have T-36 in the lower left corner.

Not sure if there is a number on the box because I have never seen one.

T-36 is the same as Billiard Balls. ???
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1914 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Richard

I think either you misunderstood me or I wasn't very clear (probably the latter of the two Smile ). I 'only' have one Coin Case, I was just trying to say I believe Coin Case is less rare/scarce then Die-Abolical Box. I know Stereo had one some time ago and I bought mine on Ebay (for 320 USD if I recall correctly (my most expensive Tenyo purchase EVER by the way, closely followed by Fantastic and Super Vase A La India for those who are interested) ). I did see another one for sale for a crazy price a year or so ago too. I have never seen a Die-Abolical Box for sale anywhere however. I found mine from a magician in Ireland who knew I was a Tenyo collector and offered me his Die-Abolical Box for a VERY fair price.

And it is a wonderfull trick by the way ... by itself but even more in combination with for example Multidimensional by Promystic ... . You reveal the number with the D-A-Box.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I have buy my Tenyo Coin Case for 5euros in a lot of Tenyo on ebay France (it was referenced as Tenyo trick) ... All that to say to new collectors, as was said in another post, with a little patience, a bit of luck, and being nice to people, you can find unusual tricks without breaking the bank.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3384 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
David, I remember the day you scored the coin case Smile I agree on Die Abolical Box being tough to find, have never seen one for sale. I agree with the patience sentiment, although that can be hard when you are actively building a collection. Like many here am missing the same dozen or so pieces.... I don't mind waiting now for the right opportunity that may or may not happen.

A number of pieces have fallen in my lap that I did not expect so anything is possible.

P.S. Davy I will give you six euros for your coin case Smile
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I already sold! Too bad !

But your proposal is very interesting. Buy 5 and sold 6, 20% profit is already well ! :o)
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Coin Case is something that I imagine is in someones junk drawer and if you asked them to sell it to you they would say "How about a dollar?" thinking that that price might be too much.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2403 Posts

"This is Your Card" has an "F 15" on the Japanese box (this is the Japanese numbering system) and a "T 36" on the English-language instruction sheet. I have seen at least four of these over the years, and all have Japanese boxes and English instructions.

Consists of a clear plastic houlette with a brass-colored plastic base, a brown plastic "handle" that goes into the bottom of the houlette, and two double-faced cards (bridge size).
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
350 Posts

Profile of dragonash
My "This is Card" has a gold colored base of thin metal.
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Quote:
On 2013-01-23 21:01, edshern wrote:
Wow Richard,
Quite the prolific overacheiver Smile Smile Smile

http://geniimagazine.com/magicpedia/Richard_Kaufman

Prolific

-Tom
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2403 Posts

Dragonash--you could call the base of mine gold-colored as well. Probably more accurate than my original description. Every one I've seen has been the same.
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
350 Posts

Profile of dragonash
Okay ... just checking
tenyo4life
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of tenyo4life
I looking for Ribbon Forever
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2403 Posts

Make sure that the "Ribbon Forever" you buy (assuming it's not in the package) is functional. The plastic ages and sometimes they no longer work because of warping.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » My Tenyo Want List (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL