The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Morgan Dollar Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John McLaughlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Gloucester, Massachusetts
381 Posts

Profile of John McLaughlin
I know this has been asked (and I am corresponding directly with Marcelo fromf Tango Magic, but can someone please PM me if they know the specific differences between the Johnson Expanded Morgan (Heads) and his version. Johnson's is $85 and his is around $200. I want the better coin, and don't mind paying extra, but it's tough doing it by mail order without seeing the coins. Also I would prefer an older looking coin and I think Johnson' look pretty new not sure about Tango. I realized there are other choices out there but they generally take longer to get. Any help would be appreciated. Would love a picture of Tango's version if possible.
...NSA John McLaughlin, not CIA John McLaughlin
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4766 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I have silver shells from both Tango and Johnson - quality is the same to me and they all came pretty new looking but I softened them and aged them very easily. I know Tango uses silver coins according to Mr Tango in a recent thread I read you could call Johnson and ask
http://www.johnsonmagicproducts.com/shop......4373942d they are very helpful on the phone from my experience.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6945 Posts

Profile of bowers
John
you can also take a look at joe mogars
and mark masons morgen coins.i believe they
both have the soft morgen shells.they both
probaley have them in stock.
todd
John McLaughlin
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Thanks Todd, Think I'd prefer a soft morgan instead of trying to age it. Have Bob Kohler's original limited edition set and they are just too new looking. hmmm maybe I'll put U3F up for sale to pay for the new coin...
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5299 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
John,

I think you can officially stop calling the U3F "limited"... It wasn’t after all.

Jim
John McLaughlin
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

You have a point there Jim...and I got one of the original "200" sets made! We have our S.A.M. auction tomorrow may bring it along...if I can find the VHS instructions that came with it. Now that's the part that makes it exclusive...lack of VCRs.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4766 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I have a VCR (but then again, I'm old) and before you ask - NO, it is not flashing 12:00
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
shakuni
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of shakuni
@John McLaughlin

Sent you a PM.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Morgan Dollar Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL