The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » TT (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
TheMagical1
View Profile
New user
Dublin, Ireland
52 Posts

Profile of TheMagical1
I remember going to a lecture about 7 or 8 years ago where Jay Scott Berry used one of his 'Eclipses' that was died neon yellow, to perform a silk blendo, and not a single magician there knew how he did it.
I also believe there is a company in Switzerland that can make you a custom one.
But on a personal note I keep one in every in every wastecoat, briefcase, jacket and backpack I own, as it is something I use often and I can even perform a haunted Hank with it, (I just wish I could remember who taught me how to do that)!

Michael A. Smile
Sleight of Mind:- "A Great Place to Stop for a Break from Reality!"
Mugician
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Mugician
Hey GaryW,
You got the wrong Mugician. Someone does have that handle at Penguin but it isn't me. I was admitted to the secret sessions long ago my friend. I have even used a TT but seriously didn't know what this acronym meant.
Jonathan Rice
View Profile
Loyal user
Maryland
223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Rice
I love TTs. Great for swtching or vanising objects! Smile
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Quote:
I also believe there is a company in Switzerland that can make you a custom one.

This might be hotTrix? Theirs are made there anyhow I think. The stock ones they do look pretty near custom already, as far as lifelikeness, & come in a couple different sizes.
Renegade
View Profile
New user
Buffalo, New York
59 Posts

Profile of Renegade
This was my introduction to magic and my first lesson on the importance of patter and distraction and the secondary importance of "the gimmick". A lesson I need to relearn over and over. Smile
jbohn
View Profile
Regular user
Minneapoils, MN
102 Posts

Profile of jbohn
This is something I've been considering adding to my routine. I'll have to get one. Any recommendations?

Jeremiah
Smile
Lagrange
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Lagrange
I'll never part with my TT. It's amazing how versatile such a small, cheap thing can be.

It's true that it's becoming more commonly known, but if your presentation is clean you can still mystify with it. I've swept mine within inches of spectators' eyes more times than I can count, and I've never been busted. It's actually sort of amusing sometimes. Even I can't believe I'm getting away with it.

But hey, if it works...
HeyLockwood
View Profile
Regular user
Arlington, VA (D.C. suburbs)
128 Posts

Profile of HeyLockwood
The TT was my intro to magic also. I bought it at Al's Magic, in Washington, DC. Al's son, Stan Cohen, used a bright red TT to show me that when used right, it goes unnoticed... It's very common for us to simply rely on a prop, and forget about the all-important art of misdirection. If the focus is on the prop, rather than the effect, more practice is in order. That said, I'm gonna go dig up my TT and practice a bit.
Why doesn't it tickle when I tickle myself, but it still hurts when I stick a fork in my eye?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » TT (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL