The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Your Opinion: What are the Worst Tenyo Tricks? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Alas, bestseller does not mean that people are satisfied with the product Smile
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
353 Posts

Profile of dragonash
Is anyone showing "Cloud Money" a lot?
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2431 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
"Cloud Money" sold well because it was less expensive than most of the other tricks that year, and because it's easy to explain to do (whether or not it's a good trick or not sometimes seems to be secondary). This year I'm sure that "Clear Surprise" is the trick that will sell the best, and coincidentally it's a very good trick.
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
Amazon Japan has a list of bestselling magic on their site.
Don't know if it is representative of Japan as a whole but Amazon has Miracle Coin Thru as their big seller so far.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/t......1_3_last
meridianfan
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
Why is that silly plastic ear at number 10 on the list?
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
It is a sponge ear basically. You put your hand next to your ear and suddenly your ear gets bigger.
More of a gag than a magic trick really.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36O8tG3Af8g
mirror mate
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of mirror mate
Ithink tenyo Lancelot is probably my worst trick as I have never fooled anybody with the trick and the handling of the trick raises to many suspicions. just my two pence.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2272 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On 2013-01-22 12:15, mirror mate wrote:
Ithink tenyo Lancelot is probably my worst trick as I have never fooled anybody with the trick and the handling of the trick raises to many suspicions. just my two pence.

Here is your chance to make yourself a second opinion about Lancelot. This is Magic Patagonia's handling:
http://youtu.be/RdsHXVemshY
mirror mate
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of mirror mate
Wow that's very impressive, he performs lancelot very well indeed,that handling has def changed my opinion, thank you simcoscor.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2431 Posts

I've got to get Mr. Suguwara to perform Money Shredder for me and videotape it on a trip to Japan. I have a feeling it's an underestimated trick since no one does it, but I bet it's just the instructions, and that Suguwara does it well.
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Floating Lady is nostalgic but is pretty bad. It seemed awesome as a kid for me personally, but now I look at it and go... Ummmm, no.
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Forgot to mention - The Haunting is pretty bad. It's a cute trick, but not a very good one.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Quote:
On 2013-01-23 14:10, Richard Kaufman wrote:
I've got to get Mr. Suguwara to perform Money Shredder for me and videotape it on a trip to Japan. I have a feeling it's an underestimated trick since no one does it, but I bet it's just the instructions, and that Suguwara does it well.

Excellent idea. When performed right it is a GREAT illusion I'm sure. Very underestimated indeed.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2431 Posts

I disagree about "Floating Lady." The fact that the spectator can examine and feel the printed image and see that the lady doesn't move, both before and after the trick, makes it mysterious. But, I will agree that it doesn't seem to have a huge effect upon a spectator. Perhaps it looks too much like a toy. Something to think about!
mirror mate
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of mirror mate
Another worst tenyo in my opinion is crystal pyramid, big and ugly and far to noisy!!
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Quote:
On 2013-01-27 14:05, Richard Kaufman wrote:
I disagree about "Floating Lady." The fact that the spectator can examine and feel the printed image and see that the lady doesn't move, both before and after the trick, makes it mysterious. But, I will agree that it doesn't seem to have a huge effect upon a spectator. Perhaps it looks too much like a toy. Something to think about!

Yeah, I see your point. Well said BTW about not having a big impact, I think that might be a more accurate critique.

As you say, the "toy" element doesn't help it.

I will say, I personally only perform it for children. Little kids still love it even in the Internet age!
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Quote:
On 2013-01-27 15:10, mirror mate wrote:
Another worst tenyo in my opinion is crystal pyramid, big and ugly and far to noisy!!

LOL - True
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:

The purple version and The Mb version is not that Ugly. Crystal Pyramid is 100% what I Like in Tenyo. So creative, so mechanic, so magic.
I like this one and it make no real big noise when I perform (do it slowly, add felt on the box.)
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Quote:

I like better the MB version in the design of the props and the color of them.
mirror mate
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of mirror mate
Yes the mb games version is a lot nicer looking definatley.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Your Opinion: What are the Worst Tenyo Tricks? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL