The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » BOOYASHAKA! New Escapology web site! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicbymccauley
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of magicbymccauley
This is my new Website. If people have any comments on how to improve it, especially with regards to Escapology, please let me know.

A special shout out goes to Curtis, who really inspired me to imagine and take dramatic photographs.

http://www.macthemaniac.com
"Tricks are about objects, Magic is about life."
-Max Maven
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
It is a good start.
Lots of great photographs. I am glad I could inspire you a bit! I am sure a few others have too!

I would suggest - the last mirage of images on your escape page should be your main photo on your home page. THIS SALES what you do immediately.
I don't care for the font or the page layouts.
Use one or two photos for each page, it will make a greater impact. Have a photo gallery page to display the other photos.

The page order bugs me a bit. I would suggest;
Home Page
Escape Artist
Corporate Events
Family Entertainer (smart move by saying family entertainer instead birthday parties - kids parties)
Credentials ( change this to testimonials, until you develop this page to other things besides testimonials)
Behind the Scenes
Contact
Sitemap (if you can have this link at the bottom of the page even better)

I would suggest creating a bio page. Bio's should tell more about your life mixed with your career - how those two came to meet! Some emotional aspects and major accomplishments should be included as well. THIS SALES YOU and emotionally ties the buyer to you! Lots of performers leaves this page out! Therefore, they are just an act and not a personality!

Best wishes!
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Second look!
ON your corporate page!
Sad news, but good news since you will know this right away!
GET RID OF ALL THOSE PHOTOS on that page
WHY?
Because every magician/magical entertainer has those type of photos. Corporate buyers have seen them a million times.

The photo on your escape page with you tied to the chair is great for this page as well as the photo on your family page where you are holding the clear ball!

Also, I like the style you are developing. Make sure you carry this over to your live performances as well.
magicbymccauley
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

All great suggestions Curtis! Thanks so much!
-Max Maven
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Spell check and proof read is all I have to say (to both of you). Of course you could pay someone to do that for you..... But definitely fresh eyes are useful. ..... I am available on Mondays for a couple of hours in the morning.
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
Spell check advice from Dave? Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
james_unlimited
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
223 Posts

Profile of james_unlimited
Quote:
On 2013-01-03 15:04, Kevin Connolly wrote:

Ha ha must be bad then ;-)
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Yes, spell check is always good for websites! Dave, a wise man should take their own advise as well! Smile
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
May you all never be blessed with dyslexia.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
McCauley, a favor... a minor point, but a favor still.

Can you take the TIES URL off your website? I have no problem with you listing it on the page as a membership, that is fine. My issue is that the newsletter contains info not for Joe Citizen to see. That is why I am asking. I really want only EAs and enthusiasts to go there.
Magic is like Science,
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-01-03 19:41, Cliffg37 wrote:
May you all never be blessed with dyslexia.

May all of you be blessed with a sense of humor.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2013-01-03 19:36, magicofCurtis wrote:Yes, spell check is always good for websites! Dave, a wise man should take their own advise as well! Smile

Or at least a wise man with dissociative identity disorder shoud! (Oh work it out its funny).I admit two things ........1) I often don't read my posts properly before I click 'post'. I pretty much won't spot my own mistakes, I tend to read what I thought I wrote and not what I actually wrote.2) I am more likely to spot other people's mistakes.3) I'm not dyscalculic despite evidence to the contrary
6) sequencing is not a strong point!
d) when / if I put up a web site I WILL be checking it ........ Not just spell check. Ill do the full poofing thing .....A) spell checkB) grammar checkC) check I'm using the English language correctly (I mean like at least to the US average American standard Curtis..... But probably to a higher standard ..... Like an English level of English)
D) proof read
E) have it proof read to me (by Text Help Read & Write or similar)
F) pass it on to my team to proof read, spell check and generally re-write my drivel! And highlight their changes (notice use of pleural nouns and pleural verbs- I think! Smile )
G) Proof read it one more time .......

H) wait for people to point out any mistakes and go change it as none of the buggers in my team spotted it ....... And I'm the only one with an excuse Smile ........

We should also say quickly that we all make mistakes even professionals in publishing make mistakes. Only this week I saw a typo in the BMJ (British Medical Journal) - they missed the h out of Methicillin (as in MRSA). So yes expect mistakes in all walks of life - but heck if its digital and it's editable (even after 'publishing') and something comes up go back make the changes.

;)
Dave
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2013-01-03 16:11, james_unlimited wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-03 15:04, Kevin Connolly wrote:

Ha ha must be bad then ;-)

Must be! Smile .................

Any way ...... Do what I say now what I do ...... Teacher you know..... I know that does not necessarily fly .... Just because one is a teacher don't mean one knows everything, has intelligence or can perform!
magicbymccauley
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

I haven't started to advertise the site yet, do google optimization etc, or even register in any way with google, or show it to my agents or any clients. It's in the prototype stage now.

Cliff, I'll make the TIES change tomorrow.
-Max Maven
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Thanks, I do like your site. Curtis' suggestions are good. I like the photos.
Magic is like Science,
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Quote:
On 2013-01-04 19:25, magicbymccauley wrote:
I haven't started to advertise the site yet, do google optimization etc, or even register in any way with google, or show it to my agents or any clients. It's in the prototype stage now.

Cliff, I'll make the TIES change tomorrow.

I know lady who will help you on this for reasonable fees.
Also, I can give you some SEO pointers when the time comes.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Quote:
On 2013-01-03 19:36, magicofCurtis wrote:
Yes, spell check is always good for websites! Dave, a wise man should take their own advise as well! Smile

It's spelled 'advice' Smile
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-01-29 07:22, David / straitjacket wrote:
Quote:

The misspelling is an inside joke. Smile
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Quote:
On 2013-01-29 09:21, Kevin Connolly wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-29 07:22, David / straitjacket wrote:
Quote:

The misspelling is an inside joke. Smile

Then let me in on it. I have the keys to the midway Smile
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
David you spelling Natzi !!!!! Aw who a pm I kidding I'm still going to make clock ups!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » BOOYASHAKA! New Escapology web site! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL