The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Quote Me - By Max Krause (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
The always deceptive & innovative Max is at it again with a new effect utilizing well known quotes.

This sounds like a combination of methods (perhaps a s***k or something similar to Director's Cut?).

Looks like a nice bit of kit!

Effect:

The performer shows a stack of promotional cards with various quotes on them and the book that they all came from. He invites a spectator to look through the stack of cards to see each quote is different. The spectator is then asked to mix the cards up and one card is freely chosen and hidden from the performer.

The performer asks the spectator to concentrate on the quote they have chosen as well as the author. The performer then picks up the book and turns several pages to show all the different quotes they could have chosen and hands the spectator the book asking them to hold it in their hand and focus on the quote.

The performer then announces that a certain page is coming to mind and has the spectator turn to that page to see if the quote they were thinking of is located there. The spectator confirms that is is. The performer then reveals the name of the author of the quote and finally the quote itself for a stunning climax! Everything can be completely examined at the end.

* Lots of audience participation!
* Perfect for Mentalists & Magicians!
* Performance ideas are only limited to your imagination!
* Additional cards and books may be purchased to be used as the perfect giveaway or souvenir for a wonderful inspirational message!

Quote me comes with 48 handmade full color cards, a book of quotes from author Janet A. Pell, plus complete instructions.
http://innovativedeceptions.com/?page_id......ct_id=32
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Quote Me is a terrific effect, with beautifully produced cards, and uses an actual book of quotes that is on the market so that you can purchase and even give away the book of quotes to a special client. The methodology makes the mechanics of this very easy to perform, with no memorization. It lends itself to performing in many different ways to suit the context of the performing situation and the effect you want to leave on the spectators. As for method, it is similar to In Tune, also by Max, for those who own that product.
Badger
View Profile
Elite user
Ireland
401 Posts

Profile of Badger
Can you do this effect just with the cards and not use the book?
judgehiker
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of judgehiker
Max demonstrated "Quote Me" to me on Skype last evening. He allowed me to freely choose a card and then examine and remember a quotation engraved on the face. The card was then clearly mixed into the deck. Max then asked me to mentally think of the quote and the person it was attributed to. In Max's hands was a book filled with quotations. While I was asked to think of the quote, he turned to a page and began reading the exact quote that I had selected. Everything is examinable.
What is unique about this is that it is not a standard card trick. The quotes are taken from a book of inspriational and thoughtful quotations. Max has designed a deck of cards which contain a separate quotation on each of the cards. The cards are beautiful. A selected quotation is not only a great conversation starter, it can be left with the participant since re-loads are avaliable. The book of quotations is also available for that special participant. If you have an interest in seeing this performed, or seeing the beauty of the cards, give Max a call or e-mail him, or check out his website. "It is worth the time."
Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
View Profile
1988 - 2013
The Big Brother is watching you
1095 Posts

Profile of Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
Quote:
On 2013-01-06 12:24, Badger wrote:
Can you do this effect just with the cards and not use the book?
. Yup. Hung out with Max today at his house, you don't need the book but he told me the effect loses a lot of impact without the book. I go to a peer run centre (im a peer there as well) Theres a group there to chose your favorite quite for the day for your mental health recovery. This is perfect. People there know I do magic, what a great way to start the group!! Not to mention the quotes would help me too when I get depressed. So awesome! Thank you Max Krause!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Why not just do the trick the way it's designed? Max knows his stuff.

John

PS: Max send me one. Use any credit card you have on file for billing. (Not my card but any other one you have on file. Thanks, I appreciate it)
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I was very happy to be credited as the inspiration for this effect! Max and I spent some time over the phone discussing this. The effect itself was all Max's idea, and I'm just very happy to be credited as the inspiration for it. So, I don't have any financial stake in the effect, but I really think this could be the best effect of the year! The reason I say that is because when Max and I were talking about this, I was telling him that in my opinion, too often magicians give away something like a card signed by the participant, thinking it is going to be something they will treasure for life. That may be the case sometimes, but I would say, more frequently, we just gave away a piece of trash. On the magic Café, we were going back and forth about what could perhaps be more meaningful souvenirs, and I suggested a give-away that would involve a quote. Max ran with the idea and now we have an effect with an entire pack and book of quotes!

I think this is perhaps the best give-away souvenir ever!

As I told Max, I do mostly charity events and work for hospitals, elderly, and the sort.

What I love about this effect, is you can select a particular quote that you think might have an impact on someone and create a routine around that.
Or, you can have any random quote selected from the pack and you can reveal the quote through the book.

For those who don't do charity magic, this is perfect towards the end when you have gotten to know a spectator or two, or with a special spectator such as the host of an event, or toward the beginning with totally random quotes. YOu don't have to give anything away, but you also have that option.

Max and I discussed so many wonderful routine ideas, the sky is the limit!

One of the ideas I came up with is to pick a couple out of the room and have one of them go through the quote cards and select a quote for their partner. Have the partner select a quote for the other. In the end, they have selected the same quote. There are many variations and methods for this theme, but one would be to use a smartphone calculator to have the individuals arrive at a particular quote in the book in a totally random way, separately, and realize they both arrived at the same quote. You will need the Quote Me effect and the method behind the smartphone portion, and I would be happy to share the smartphone idea with anyone who purchases Quote Me.

Really, the power in this, is you can give away a card to a spectator with a meaningful quote, or for that special client, you can give away the quote book and either way it is a pretty cost effective way to give away something TRULY meaningful. This is also great for amateur magicians as they can just have fun with a book of quotes and some cards and then... bam! ... an impromptu miracle!

Once again, I think this is THE BEST souvenir effect ever, and I would think that every single magician, amateur or pro should consider getting this.

They really came out beautiful, Max!
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
By the way, of all the wonderful ideas Max and I discussed, having seen the material, I would say that Max did an excellent job of picking the best assortment of a variety of effects that can be done with this, from super easy effects to more challenging ones.

This is just awesome!
jesse_james_mcguire
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jesse_james_mcguire
I got to see this last night, and wow I looked and looked and could not see the special ******* so you know what is going on..

Great Job Max
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Hey guys. I had the pleasure of getting a peek at this over Skype with Max. Everything is very well made and well thought-out. The method for knowing what quote has been selected is definitely clever, it's easy for the magician to use but difficult for others to detect. The routine is very fair, because the cards can be thoroughly shuffled by the spectator and the card is freely selected.

Because of the variety of quotes, the routine can really be tailored to different moods/emotions. I can definitely see this playing well in a variety of situations, from close-up to larger venues. Another nice piece from Max!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
I also just got to see this performed by Max. Really nice effect!

Anyone familiar with Max's work, knows that the attention to detail, and quality of the props involved, are A1.

Good job mate!
Remarkable Marco
View Profile
Veteran user
When I grow up, I want to have
355 Posts

Profile of Remarkable Marco
Quote:
On 2013-01-16 18:54, Mercury52 wrote:
The method for knowing what quote has been selected is definitely clever, it's easy for the magician to use but difficult for others to detect.

The last bit reassures me a great deal; knowing some of Max's other effects I think I know how this is done, but couldn't assess how easy or hard it'd be for the layperson to fathom the method. It appears I'll have to get this one!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Quote Me - By Max Krause (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL