The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Any blender fanatics? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1307 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
I've had a Vitamix blender for a while now. Our old blender went to blender heaven last spring and I started doing some research. After countless hours of reading blogs and message boards and watching a huge amount of Youtube videos, I decided to get a Vitamix.

It has totally changed the way I cook. I don't know if I have ever used such a versatile machine. Its not just for smoothies, though I do make smoothies daily. Almost every day we have hot soup for lunch...just water and raw veggies in the blender and let it run for 5 minutes...and its steaming hot. And fresh! I'll never buy pesto anymore. Or frozen hash browns. Or much ice cream either...just made some today...frozen strawberries, banana and mango, a bit of grape juice and some whole milk. In less than a minute, you've got ice cream. Yesterday I made peanut butter.

Unlike my grumpy father predicted, it wasnt a passing craze...Anyone else gone totally blender?
Sent from my Typewriter
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
The Vitamix is an awesome product.
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
513 Posts

Profile of damien666
I have used both the vitamix and the blendtec.. They both have their pros and cons.
I like the vitamix for the plunger; sometimes the blendtec has to be run a couple of times to break Down larger objects like whole frozen bananas.
I like the blendtec for the programs built into it.. You can push the 'soup' or 'smoothy' button and walk away..
I am a certified raw vegan chef and the powerful blenders such as these are indespensible.
There is certainly no comparison between these types of blenders and off the shelf home units!
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
613 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
I just like all the videos for the blendtec http://www.willitblend.com/
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1307 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
The Blendtec videos are fun to watch...though I find them a bit pointless. Most of us don't blend cellphones, hockey pucks or light bulbs. But they are very entertaining.

One of the things that appeal to me in the Vitamix is the sturdy no-nonsense "user interface". Two switches and a knob...very old fashioned Smile Love the containers...got 64 and 32 oz wet blade ones (32 gets more use) and the 32 oz dry blade container. Just chopped a ton of fresh herbs for freezing today.

I guess I start talking to the machine one day...
Sent from my Typewriter
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
513 Posts

Profile of damien666
It would be funny if they checked to see if a Blendtec would blend a Vitamix Smile
Happy blending!
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
I use my blender quite a bit, sometimes daily for stretches at a time, but I've never bitten the bullet and bought one of those expensive ones. I just get an Oster and replace it every few years.
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
The remarkable efficacy of the VitaMix apparently has to do with its ability to change the direction of its blade's rotation instantly.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5835 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Back in my bigger kitchen days my breakfast was:

1 frozen banana
1/2 and apple
2cups of OJ

A pinch each of
Cinnamon
Ginger
Clove

Healthy and tasty!
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1307 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Tom, that sounds good! For the "evening snack" I just blended:

Two bananas (fresh)
Frozen mango
Frozen strawberries
OJ
Honey
A good handful of almonds.

Quote:
On 2013-01-07 16:56, Woland wrote:
The remarkable efficacy of the VitaMix apparently has to do with its ability to change the direction of its blade's rotation instantly.

I don't think so...at least ours doesn't change the direction. I think its because it just goes insanely fast. But I could be wrong.

Quote:
On 2013-01-07 16:47, Marlin1894 wrote:
...I just get an Oster and replace it every few years.

Now I don't know how much an Oster goes for, but I'd imagine that'd cost you more in the long run...Vitamix aint THAT expensive after all. And the 7-year warranty is quite a bonus.
Sent from my Typewriter
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3621 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
I have an aversion to blenders. I think it started with the SNL " Bassomatic" skit...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2013-01-07 18:48, mvmagic wrote:

Now I don't know how much an Oster goes for, but I'd imagine that'd cost you more in the long run...Vitamix aint THAT expensive after all. And the 7-year warranty is quite a bonus.

They cost 25-30 bucks. Don't those Vitamix blenders cost 400-500 dollars?
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1307 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Ah, I didn't know how much Osters go for. I think Vitamix is in that price range in the US...I am in Europe, ours was around 1100 U$(!)

I think you'd fall in love with Vitamix if you tested one Smile
Sent from my Typewriter
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
My typical breakfast is a

blended banana
five cherries
A tbs of almond butter
A tsp of flax seed
Almond milk
Ice

Very good

My wife brought home the "Magic Bullet". Not my favorite, but it does get the job done. Not too hard to clean either.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Any blender fanatics? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL