The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Let's Argue about a Different Amendment!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20567 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I always thought ol Perry sucked. The whole last minute surprise thing made me laugh.

I always thought he did for lawyers what the Lethal Weapon franchise did for cops and the public perception of each.

Law is a tiresome tedious detail oriented practice.

Easy to make fun of lawyers till ya need one.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-01-07 01:44, Dannydoyle wrote:

Not really. Most lawyers are merely practitioners who sell their trade skills. I've known good lawyers and have also known losers. They're merely trades folks who charge for a service, much in the blue collar manner of selling a service. And at high price at that. A good electrician is worth more per hour than a mediocre lawyer. Sorry, but not all lawyers are the legends in their own minds that they perceive. Think ambulance chaser?
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I was always partial to My Cousin Vinny. Best opening statement ever:

"What that guy just said was #@$%%. Thank you."
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2013-01-07 02:56, LobowolfXXX wrote:
I was always partial to My Cousin Vinny. Best opening statement ever:

"What that guy just said was #@$%%. Thank you."

LOL Lobo! One of my all time favorite court films. (And you had perfect timing with that post.)

One of my other favorites is Al Pacino in And Justice for All "In the halls of justice, the only justice is in the halls."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20567 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2013-01-07 01:51, Bob1Dog wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-07 01:44, Dannydoyle wrote:

Not really. Most lawyers are merely practitioners who sell their trade skills. I've known good lawyers and have also known losers. They're merely trades folks who charge for a service, much in the blue collar manner of selling a service. And at high price at that. A good electrician is worth more per hour than a mediocre lawyer. Sorry, but not all lawyers are the legends in their own minds that they perceive. Think ambulance chaser?

All I am saying is I have met both flavors. While it is true not all are great it is also true not all or most are of the ilk you describe.

Most are journeyman workers doing an honest days job for an honest days pay.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6756 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On 2013-01-05 18:22, mastermindreader wrote:
Amazing how you are disregarding my point. No one questions the right of the government to require car registration and licensing, but many have argued that the right to own a gun should not be subject to the same regulations since gun ownership is a Second Amendment right. My argument directly addresses that misconception.

But I guess there is no stopping the right wing myths about so-called liberals just desiring free stuff. It's not about things being free, it's about what we want our tax money to be spent on.

Kind of reminds me of Bill O'Reilly's racist rant the other day, in which he expressed surprise that most Asians are Democrats, given that they are an "industrious and hard working" race.

Asians are a race? Was he referring to Arabs ? Russians? Indians? Persians?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Let's Argue about a Different Amendment!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL