The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Hooray for Fakini! and Levent... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ljsviol
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of ljsviol
(A slightly humorous post ...)

With dry, smooth hands, certain aspects of card and coin manipulation can be tricky for me. I just wanted to say how nice it is to have a tool (Fakini balls) that practically *wants* to stick to my fingers! What a relief. -)

Of course, you know the saying about coins: "Coins don't like to be dropped". Well, you can add "billiard balls" to that - not only do they dislike being dropped, they bounce and roll wherever they can, and they pick up 'fur' on the way.
But a little soapy water and they're good as new.

####################
And seriously, a big "Thank you" to Levent for his excellent DVD set "Levent's Ultimate Guide to the Billiard Balls". What a great learning resource! I even wrote up a review for my local Ring (76) newsletter, to let folks know about some of the fine resources we have for learning magic nowadays. (I have his "Miser's Dream" and "Linking Ring" DVD sets, waiting to be watched).

And just to mention - there was recently a thread mentioned a appearance of Levent on Taiwan TV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0AvP2GBi7M
If you watch to the end (lengthy appearance!), he does the same ball routine which he discusses at the end of his 3 DVD set (a routine with 8 balls). Nice to see an alternate performance (nothing different from his DVD, just a different setting).

Cheers,
Larry S.
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
The Multiplying balls dvd and the Linking rings dvd are on my 2013 list of must haves,
looking forward to them both.
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
leomagnus
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of leomagnus
Amen to that.

-Leo
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Thanks for all your nice comments.

I try to do a 8 ball routine whenever possible. But sometimes, such as last week when I did the Christmas and New Years cruise on the new ship the "Disney Fantasy" I find myself in a showroom which is three quarter surrounded in which case I only produce 6 balls because of the angles. To be honest the lay audience reaction seems to be the same for 6 and 8 balls. But as long as I am healthy and strong enough to do the 8, I do all 8 because I think it's a good policy to do the best magic you can do no matter the difficulty.

Have a happy new year!
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
Dam it , the wife want's to get a new pair of lounge chairs.
Luckily the bookings are coming in already(last year was real slow at this time),So HOPEFULLY
I won't have to wait to long.
In my opinion there is nothing wrong with the old lounges but the wife knows best .(If I know what''s good for me .lol)
Now I think about it ,watching two new dvd's on two new lounges aint such a bad thing.
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
I almost forgot,
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AS WELL lEVENT.

aND TO ALL ON THE cAF'E Dam caps lock,man I DO THAT A LOT, LOL
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Quote:
On 2013-01-06 20:11, Jon Blakeney wrote:
I almost forgot,
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AS WELL lEVENT.

aND TO ALL ON THE cAF'E Dam caps lock,man I DO THAT A LOT, LOL

Hi I just saw your post! So a belated happy new year to you as well!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Hooray for Fakini! and Levent... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL