The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Scott Alexander's Needles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stephaniebeach
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of stephaniebeach
WOW
It is Fantastic.

The Needles and String illusion was one I was simply not comfortable with.
I then saw Scott at Samcon last November (2013) and he demonstrated the illusion.
It is a clever illusion and a bit pricey. ($295).
However, this is one of those pieces of magic that you want to spend the money for.

First: Scott and Puck did a great job putting the illusion together. Lots of care and thought.
Second: Support the brains. Indeed we should always reward those with great ideas and this is one of those times.
Third: Keep the non-pro's out. I'm going pro and this is an illusion that I certainly don't want every Tom, Dick and Mary performing.
Fourth: Very good instructions and easy to perform. But will take some time to master. The mastery is your performance style.

I did a bad thing: Got the illusion and performed it the next day at a 50th year old birthday party. I practiced it for about
3 hours and it went off well. Even with such minimum prep, I got a standing O!
All thanks to Scott's DVD instructions. But now I'm back into practice mode. (it was an emergency! really!)

A few things that are not the best.
WARNING! Do NOT perform for kids under, I'd guess 18.
They will try to swallow the needles. A special warning should be on the DVD for that.

The only other issue is the 'glass'. It is plastic and can make 'noises' after the liguid is drunk.
Not going any further but I'm on the hunt for another 'glass' that still 'works' as Scott and Puck describe.

Bottom line:
A+ for this illusion for the card, thoughtfulness and price.
You can't go wrong. (opinion only)
Steph Smile
StephanieBeachMagic.com
Making your events Magical
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Never liked stuff you put in your mouth, razor blades, needles, billiard balls - but thanks for the review.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Scott Alexander's Needles (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL