The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Update—My Sister Needs A Bone Marrow Transplant (Short) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Great News!!

My sister, Julie, went to the City of Hope Hospital today to get her bone marrow tested again. The disease is not progressing as fast as they thought. There are five stages to this disease and she is at stage two. The doctors said they can wait four to six months before they do the bone marrow transplant. They want to test me again to make absolutely sure I am a match.

She had her baby on Halloween and he is doing very well. He is still in the baby intensive care and won't come home for another six to eight weeks, hopefully a little before Christmas.

Thank you LORD JESUS for slowing the disease and for allowing the baby to be born healthy.

Thank you for all your prayers they have really been an encouragement. Now we can relax a little and keep praying for a miracle.

Thank you,
Jeff

Just another update

Julie had her blood tested Monday and the counts all went down again, she had a blood transfusion on Thursday and was feeling OK after.

Brett is doing GREAT, he is breathing on his own and Julie visits him several times a day and usually gets to hold him for 30 to 60 minutes at a time. He is up to five pounds (three lbs two oz at birth) and will be coming home in early January.

Julie may need her transplant in January or Febuary. I got tested and am still a perfect match.

Thank you for your prayers, God has really touched our family and helped us to get through this tough time.

Please continue to pray for Julie and God bless you.

Thanks
Jeff
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
Hesperia, California USA
1904 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
You are in our prayers, Jeff.

Glad to see things are working out. Keep us posted.

Steven
ninjaduffy
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
332 Posts

Profile of ninjaduffy
In my prayers my friend...
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Another quick update

Julie goes in for tests on Monday and Thursday and Friday. I have tests on Tuesday. Julie will be going into the hospital on Monday the 12th. Brett is doing OK, he will be home in about a week and a half. Unfortunately Julie will not be home with him.

Please continue to pray for Julie, Kirk, Brett and our family as we are really starting to get scared.

Thanks for all your support and prayers it really means a lot.

Jeff
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2731 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
In my prayers, too, friend.

Ron
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Update—My Sister Needs A Bone Marrow Transplant (Short) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL