The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Give Your Facebook Fan Page a Facelift! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
724 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
Hello,

As many of you may or may not know, I have been performing magic on and off full-time for over twenty years. Other areas of my expertise include graphic design. Mainly print work including promotional materials such as business cards, postcards, posters, brochures, EDDM and other things.

Well, about a year ago, a good friend of mine who started up one the the countries fastest growing social media companies with his wife, told me that Facebook would be making some huge changes and low and behold, they did.

With the introduction of the new Timeline layout, Facebook was able to capitalize on something huge and I'm excited to announce that as a working pro AND designer, this could be potentially huge for entertainers...especially magicians!

*DISCLAIMER!!! - I am NOT, by any means claiming to be a Social Media expert. Just a designer who knows how to create KILLER promo materials for magicians and use common sense in today's digital marketing/promoting industry*

Back in October, I started up a small business designing customized Facebook fan pages. Now, a lot of what I have heard has been, "Yeah...big deal. I already have a fan page." But what I am offering is totally different from what most people are used to. Now, imagine your Facebook fan page being able to market yourself AND your business TEN TIMES more effectively than what your traditional website can! You no longer have to rely on just stats and Google Analytics alone to learn who is finding out about you. I'll explain:

Facebook vs. Google Analytics
One major accomplishment Google did (and is still doing) is Google Analytics. I'm sure most of you are familiar with it and what it offers. Basically, when you launch a website, you can go into Google Analytics and create a piece of code that is then embedded into your pages so you can track activity and traffic on that specific page. Google does a terrific job at providing you with a ton of info from where your biggest amount of traffic is coming from, what time of the day, how did they find you and also, key words that they used to find you.

Now, the fan pages I am designing can do the exact same thing since we can embed your Google Analytics code into them but here's where and why it's so important for us as magician's to take advantage of Facebook Marketing. Our job requires us to be social by default. We are constantly in front of people everyday and most us would consider our job a "24-hour" position since we're always "on" wherever we go. You never know who's going to sit down next to you and who you might perform for on the spur of the moment. Therefore, it only makes sense that we use a social platform to promote our services.

The beauty of Facebook is that it allows the customer to connect DIRECTLY with the performer and vice versa. Not ONLY do you see who "likes" your fan page, but also you can see critical information about that person such as:
• Do they have children?
• Where are they employed?
• Do they have any special occasions coming up?

Right there is THREE (3) different potential income opportunities! Booking their kid's birthday party, booking their company holiday party, and lastly, any special occasions they might have.

This is a MUCH more effective and DIRECT form of marketing yourself because now you can engage with your client and they;re not just another IP address that Google sends you.

There's over a BILLION people on Facebook and stats show that the average user checks his/her Facebook page an average of 12 times per day and up to 20 hours per month. And that's on the low end! Can you imagine how much traffic is waiting out there?

-------------------------------------------

Grab 'Em Quick!!!

One of the great things I offer my clients is the ability to truly BRAND their Facebook fan page so that it offers a consistent feel with their website. The smart ones that can cross-promote the two are the ones that achieve the maximum results.

Since last year, I have almost stopped designing websites all together now that I see the potential in this form of marketing. It only makes sense. With a website there are several factors that play into whether or not the viewer will even stick with the search.

1) Search Engine- If you're not on the first two pages then you can pretty much forget it.
2) Links- Once they do find you, it;s a matter of having to navigate through another 2-3 pages before finding what they're really looking for.
3) Slow loading pages- Most of the magician's websites I have seen are absolutely horrible looking for starts but more importantly they are not formatted correctly nor optimized to fast loading. Those that have been wise and started using CMS such as Wordpress or Joomla are starting to see better results but for the poor lost souls still stuck in the 90's...well...it;s not looking too good.

The fact of the matter is that you have about thirty seconds to capture a viewers attention or you can kiss them goodbye.

Therefore, why WOULDN'T you want to be marketing yourself on a platform where people already spend 20-40 hours per month anyway?!

---------------------------------------------------------

Customizing Your Fan Page

The Facebook Fan Pages I offer to magicians and entertainers are pretty d*mn sexy if I do say so myself. I mean, check out what you can integrate inside your Facebook page now:

• Twitter Feeds (allow your followers to see real-time updates on your page)
• Vimeo/Youtube Embedding (drop your promo reel directly into your page)
• Google Maps w/Directions (give your restaurant another reason to keep you by attracting new customers and promoting your weekly gig with Maps AND Directions!)
• Paypal "Buy Now" buttons (You can now accept payments through Facebook or even set up your store!)
• Contest Widgets and Countdown Timers (hold weekly or monthly contests with your fans)
• Skype (Imagine giving lessons through your Facebook fan page or even doing a webinar or consultation with a client)
• Contact Forms and E-Mail Capture Forms (Now you can integrate your Aweber or Mailchimp code into your fan oage to generate additional leads)

...and there's a TON of other possibilities!

Here are some samples of my most recent work:
* Note that if you are NOT a fan of some of the pages you will be asked to "like" them before seeing some content. Be sure to click on the tabs titled "About", "Promo" etc. to see full potential*

http://www.facebook.com/joshuajaymagician
Josh wanted a simple three-page fan page designed to tell his fans about him, his one-man show "Tragic magic" and to promote him and Andi's Vanishing Inc. company.

http://www.facebook.com/ParlourShow
My good friend Hannibal is one of the busiest trade-show performers out there. He has a classic taste about him and was looking for a three-page fan page offering his fans a closer look into who he is, to watch his promo reel and finally, generate additional income through his store.

http://www.facebook.com/EricJonesMagic
As you can see from Eric's page, his only concern (and focus) was to promote his current "Liberty" DVD. He offers the viewer the ability to watch the promo, learn about the contents of his product and finally a call to action to purchase.

----------------------------------------------------------

So What am I Offering You?

I currently have 20 openings available to design up to a 5-page Facebook fan page. Why 20? Well, seeing that I operate my own business and perform about 20 hours a week + raise a special needs child, time is precious to me. Therefore, once I fill the 20 orders and do a free consultation with my clients, I then start creating their pages. I do not outsource any work whatsoever. I do everything FROM SCRATCH in my office. Typically I like to allow up to 30 days to complete the job once I receive the initial deposit (50%).

You will need to provide me with the following items:
• Any images (hi-res preferred)
• ALL ad copy (spell-checked)
• ALL Paypal codes as well as HTML code for Mailchimp
• Correct links for Youtube and Vimeo channels

Also, the best part is that I DO NOT need any usernames or passwords for your fan page. All you need do is simply make me a "content creator" and that's it. Once I create a page and lay it out, I send you a proof. You are allowed up to one hour of revision time TOTAL for all pages created. After that one hour I will bill you my normal rate of $100/hour for any changes made thereafter.

My fees can be discussed upon contacting me. ONLY SERIOUS INQUIRIES PLEASE!

----------------------------------------------------------

Upgrades

1)In-Facebook Editor Toolbar

In the event you feel that you will be making several revisions to your fan pages each month or week, you might want to consider upgrading to this feature.

What I do is enable a toolbar that appears (by magic) inside of your Facebook pages at the top of every page. You can easily drag-n-drop any images or cut-n-paste text as you desire all from within the page itself. Once you're happy just hit "publish" and it take effect immediately. The upgrade fee for this feature is only $50/month as opposed to paying me the regular $100/hour fee.

2) Mobile App Creator

Since the technology I use to create these pages is NOT a Facebook app and is considered a "third-party" app, you WILL NOT be able to view the custom pages within the Facebook App itself on your mobile device (i.e.; phone, iPad, tablet). You can however view the pages from within your tablets web browser (i.e.; Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc.).

For only $10/month, I can provide you with a fully responsive HTML5 url that will act as a "mobile app". It is not an actual app but has a look and feel that is very sleek and offers several important functions that is designed to get you the results you seek. For instance, your mobile app will have:
• "Click" to call feature (one touch and your viewer can directly call you through the page)
• "Click" to E-mail feature (one click directly prompts an email in their default email client)
• Twitter Feeds and "Follow" feature (allows the viewer to not only see your feeds but also allows them to "follow" you with a single click"
• Facebook Tabs (In the middle of their mobile screen they will see all of your custom tabs and can navigate through your fan pages)
• "Deals" (Much like Groupon, you can now offer your viewers/buyers some nice specials or discounts)

Here's a look at what the Mobile App Creator Looks like:

--------------------------------------------------------------

So as you can see, your Facebook fan page can now have an incredible and dynamic feel to it just like your website but with more specific information provided to you. But as with all forms of marketing, the "prettiness" doesn't necessarily = $$$. You'll still need to invest the time to promote and constantly stay engaged with your followers. There is plenty of free information out there on the topic of Facebook marketing. I would encourage you to either search on Google or Youtube for these materials or even check out your local libraries.

For more information contact me via PM and I'll address any questions or concerns you might have.

Thank you,
Michael
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
724 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
Thanks for all your feedback Smile
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3399 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
It's a lot to digest and find the time to do your post justice. Give everyone more than a day.
Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
724 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
Quote:
On 2013-01-09 14:10, JamesinLA wrote:
It's a lot to digest and find the time to do your post justice. Give everyone more than a day.
Jim

:) Yeah, I know James. I was just being facetious.
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of gothike
Warrior Forum has just hit the magic Café.
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
724 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
Quote:
On 2013-01-11 03:34, gothike wrote:
Warrior Forum has just hit the magic Café.

I checked Warrior Forum through Google. I can't tell if your post above was a good thing or bad. Please elaborate.
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of gothike
WarriorForum sells several wso courses on how to sell people a Facebook fanpage design service, ie creating apps for people, using a wordpress site and fancy Facebook plugin to add a like gate, autoresponders, contests and more using shortcodes.

Marketing that service requires a niche, yours happens to be magicians. However, though I could bang out a Fanpage in 15 minutes I rather outsource it to a fiverr.

You should consider Reputation Management and Google Places optimization and linking with Google plus.

G
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
724 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
While I respect your opinion, I don't feel that Fiver could provide my clients with what they're looking for. I'm not offering "cheap" design. I'm offering a quality service that will help create a more professional appearance. I've already locked in my first 20 customers since October and now I'm doing the next 20. My design work is meticulous. My clients are very happy so I just being doing something right. Thank you for sharing your opinion with me as well as what you think I should be focusing on.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Give Your Facebook Fan Page a Facelift! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL