The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Small bank forcing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Serrodash
View Profile
New user
Alaska
52 Posts

Profile of Serrodash
I've started forcing off a six card bank. I start with the bank on top of deck, cut and catch a break, then spread to bank. Every time I perform I end up using a different cut than the last time, I also end up spreading to the bank in a different manner. The main question I'm having is whether its better to spread directly to bank and present or do the "place your finger on the card you want as I spread" method. The second question is whether its better to find the room to perform a pass, jog the top of bank in overhand shuffle, or just cut in the open with minimum movement. The pass would be ideal, but there is zero excuse to do any of the motions required for a cover, a riffle attracts more attention than the cut. I can't stop fretting and going back and forth. All these methods work, but do you guys have any advice as to what is optimal? Maybe Kaufmans 'half a jiggle' is the answer for second question.
Bandaloop
View Profile
Regular user
Dodging attacks for the past
194 Posts

Profile of Bandaloop
My opinion is just cut the deck while you're talking and then spread for selection. I personally don't see a reason to throw a pass into the mix when it's really not necessary. There's no heat on you until the audience thinks the effect has begun. Openly giving the deck a cut isn't going to throw suspicion at that point. Do a shuffle that preserves top stock and then cut -- it will add conviction in the audience's mind that the deck is truly mixed and the selection is a free choice.
Serrodash
View Profile
New user
Alaska
52 Posts

Profile of Serrodash
Yeah. Tommy Wonder wrote about how a magician should be willing to work twice as hard even if it made the effect only slightly better. In this case I was willing to work twice as hard to make the effect slightly worse. Thanks for the advice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Small bank forcing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL