The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » What to do with wasted business cards? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicman491
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of magicman491
So, I currently do a trick where people do heaps of dots on a business card... then I do a colour change and change it into another card... but then what do I do with the spare dotted business card...?
any help much appreicated!
Thanks
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
There is a receptacle taylor made for your needs. It comes in a variety of shapes and sizes. Try a google seach for "Garbage Can". Smile
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
You can do a T&R card or card warp or use the card as a bookmark to put anywhere in he deck of playing cards and the business card becomes normal but the playing card has spots. Card to wallet is also perfect because the business card is so unique.

Or... Just tell them to pit it in a dark place, like their pocket, and in three hours it will magically return to normal. That way they have a card.

I don't know if you can work it out so all the dots are in specific locations but you can end with connect the dots and it spells something.
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
There is a recepticle tailor made for your needs...

Quote:
On 2013-01-08 10:47, jay leslie wrote:
You can do a T&R card or card warp or use the card as a bookmark to put anywhere in he deck of playing cards and the business card becomes normal but the playing card has spots. Card to wallet is also perfect because the business card is so unique.

Or... Just tell them to pit it in a dark place, like their pocket, and in three hours it will magically return to normal. That way they have a card.

I don't know if you can work it out so all the dots are in specific locations but you can end with connect the dots and it spells something.

Another wise-as* remark ruined by usefull information. Smile
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
I found this...it may do the trick.

http://tinyurl.com/y8ufsnp
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Seriously?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
678 Posts

Profile of smullins
You got me good on that one Christopher... ugh

And if they aren't destroyed all the way I would cut it and use it for my Out To Lunch gimmick.
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
magicman491
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of magicman491
I want to find a way to hand out a unprofessionally dotted card and be able to justify the dots I don't want to change it to normal for them cos then I still have the dotted one
Thanks
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Acne? It's a 13 year old business card.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-01-08 14:59, Dannydoyle wrote:
Seriously?

My first of the year. Couldn't resist! Smile
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
Okay what you want to do is to stop using sharpies and get some bic mark-its. then there is one way to remove the dots and make that card like new, ready for a new performance. discovered it myself Smile

you want to take a teaspoon of water, a table spoon of salt, and 6 tablespoons of mayonnaise (Miracle Whip can substitute) and mix them all together thoroughly in a bowl, place your business card into the concoction for a minimum of 7 hours, I like to go for at least 24 for reassurance but 7 should do.

stir and flip the business card every hour on the hour to ensure maximum saturation. what this does is prepare the micro-particles of the card, making them soft and pliant, if the mixture is soupy you want either more salt or less water, the salt should absorb the water so that the playing card doesn't fall apart, the mayonnaise is to get into any unexpected openings and temporarily hold them together, theoretically any cold animal fat would work but mayonnaise smells better. for that matter theoretically the mayonnaise isn't required but without it any slight error could cause a disaster for the card.

so from there you want to prepare three bowls, one full of vinegar one full of cold water, and one full of hot water. take out the business card and submerge it in the cold water, quickly use the cold water to help to remove any excess mayonnaise, you don't want to leave it in here too long, try to get it in under 10 seconds.

now drop it in the vinegar for fifteen seconds, the acid in the vinegar really opens up the now pliant micro-particles of the card so that the ink can really breath and work its way out, take it out of the vinegar and immediately submerge it in the hot water, that's gonna work it's way into the card really fast now since the acid of the vinegar opened it up and it's gonna push that ink right out of the card, you wont be able to see it, but at this point the ink will be, in a way, almost resting on top of the card rather than bound into it, keep in mind this won't effect the ink that the card is printed in, as it bonds deeper into the paper.

only let it sit in water for about 15 seconds before you pull it out, careful not to touch the ink, you don't want to smudge it at this point or it will bond back into the paper and you'll have to start all over again. you need a cookie sheet and some paper towels, the oven should be pre-heated to 375, place the paper towels on the baking pan and the business card on the paper towel.

if the ink is on both sides it shouldn't really matter, but if it's on one side only it's probably best to leave that side down, so gravity has a chance to work for you, if it is on both sides you need to place paper towels on top of the card as well.

place in the oven and let sit for 30-40 minutes and then remove it, careful, it's gonna be hot, you should find that the card is now in perfect condition, and the in has transferred itself onto the paper towels.

note: if the ink is on both sides of the card it's probably best to flip the card after about 15 minutes, but you don't want to remove the paper towels, you want to flip the paper towels with the card inside so everything stays where it was, as those parts of the paper towel are already working to pull the ink out, you don't want to interrupt the progress.
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
Standard Legal Disclaimer: use at your own risk, I accept no responsibility for any results, unless they make you a millionaire, in which case I claim all rights to said results.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Check out
Stone Frixion Fire by Jeff Stone
It may give you some ideas Smile
howlinhobbit
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
53 Posts

Profile of howlinhobbit
Gary T. -- ok, you got me, man. because I can not tell if you're kidding with that process.

if I ever do this effect, I'm sticking to Plan B: business cards are cheap, throw it in the recycle.
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
Howlinhobbit, all in all probably a better solution, I was kidding, but I was hoping somebody would try it and come back angry at wasting several hours of their life.
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
Quote:
On 2013-01-08 14:27, Christopher Lyle wrote:

I got Rick Rolled! I'll get you back.. I swear.. Smile
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-01-09 21:48, Aaron Smith Magic wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-08 14:27, Christopher Lyle wrote:

I got Rick Rolled! I'll get you back.. I swear.. Smile

:)
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
Make a business card castle that you can produce from your wallet?
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2013-01-09 09:07, Christopher Lyle wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-08 14:59, Dannydoyle wrote:
Seriously?

My first of the year. Couldn't resist! Smile

I meant the OP. LOL.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicman491
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of magicman491
Thanks Guys
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » What to do with wasted business cards? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL