The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Magic "Boot-Camp" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
689 Posts

Profile of misterillusion
I am not sure this is the right forum for this question, but I wanted to see if anyone has any knowledge of this: I just received an email from magicianstouch.com in Shippensburg, PA about an upcoming boot camp for children magicians. Apparently Dallas TX and Orlando, FL are sold out but they are now taking reservations for Secqucus, NJ and Fresno, CA in March. I have not heard about this until just now. Can anyone tell me who this is and the nature of the boot camp? It sounds interesting.

Thanks,
Charlie
May every day be magic!

http://www.misterillusion.com
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Charlie, I got the same thing. Someone on another magic site summed it up as "same old stuff, double your price and do half as many shows. For over $2000 it just ain't worth it. The old Dave Dee crap
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
689 Posts

That's kind of what I thought. I started to read the email and at first it sounded good, then it sounded TOO good. I have to admit that it sounds like it probably would be kinda fun...at a high price. I bought Dave Dee's program back when it first came out and I guess the "basics" don't change too much.
Thanks, Paddy, for your input
Charlie
May every day be magic!

dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
I got the same email. I'm not sure how they got our contact info. I reported them to MailChimp (their email server) for sending me unsolicited emails.

Never heard of them, but I know I didn't ask for any information about it. The fact their marketing this way isn't a good start for their reputation!

I'd steer clear of them for now, maybe we'll learn more as time goes on.

Best Wishes,
Kevin
Bernie Balloons
View Profile
Elite user
N.Y.C.
480 Posts

Profile of Bernie Balloons
I think they got the email addresses from The Magic Café because this is the only
place I use the email I got the invite from.(not saying the Café sold it or anything just some one with lots of time looking at profiles)
I tried to call the number but it is a Google number and no one answered.
Does any one know who is hosting it or any body who went??
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Typically I can’t really post on theses threads cuz I massively beat-up for supposedly having drank ‘the marketing cool-aid’, (as I’ve been ‘accused of’ anyway…) and oddly; MOSTLY for stuff I don’t even advocate, endorse or believe in! – (like the SPAM we all got! – NOT a fan!) YIKES! - Seam to get unreasonably tossed-in with lots of Magic Bullet, Marketing “Guru-ism” Lumping-In (grossly over generalizations) kinda stuff… That is NOT what I do or teach… - - Oh well… sad but what it’s been anyway.

So, I’m breaking my own rule and better judgment on this one. Please Forgive Me!

Just to be clear; I DO NOT know (as best as I can tell) this Michael Vincent “Magic Marketing Boot Camp” guy at all… neither good nor bad, simply DO NOT KNOW him just so ya’ know.

As a matter of fact; THIS is the first I’ve heard or seen of him and ONLY cuz I dug-around to find him since it’s (I’m guessing on purpose) NOT obvious from his sales site.
Don’t understand that and though it looks-like he is “hiding” it makes people suspicious.

=> AND the ONLY reason I even know ‘this-little’ about him in the first-place is because he spammed me with his sales info! - - Things that make ya go Hmmmmm…

Also: Kinda funny how the video contradicted itself… (in several ways) At one point it says that he has most of the big-money program and “none of it works” and then it shows a stack of binder and says “here is a stack of high-priced programs that were never even opened” - - I’m beginning to see how the thousands of dollars in programs never worked! - - Ha!

* HINT: Pretty sure ya’ gotta OPEN them and then DO SOMETHING with em’ f you want them to work! Smile

Hey, if he literally spent thousands of dollars on programs and courses and never opened them I’d say this guy may not be the smartest tool in the shed… Hehehehe! (Based on his marketing anyway…)

I JOKE with this example, but it’s not a real good example of effective marketing as I see it, though the website and video (other than the inconstancies) are ok to some degree (I can’t brag… that’s for sure) and my guess is that he “IS” a smart guy who knows what he’s doing, (at least with his own business) but I only come to that possible conclusion because of his real websites and stuff… just an observation.

Another oddity is that he slammed ‘coaches’, but “HE ARE ONE”. – Even MORE confusion. (See his web links below)

Here are a few of Michael Vincent’s web sites…

http://MagiciansTouch.com (The Sales Site)
http://www.VincentAcademy.co.uk
http://www.MichaelVincentMagic.com
http://www.michaelvincentmagic.com/coaching--mentoring.html
Dean Hankey, *M.D. - The Dean of Success Solutions!
Serving & Supporting YOU and Your Success!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

(*Marketing Doctor) Smile
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7384 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I would imagine that this thread goes with the other recent thread:

--> Magic Café thread titled... New M......oot Camp

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
689 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-01-08 16:31, TheDean wrote:
Typically I can’t really post on theses threads cuz I massively beat-up for supposedly having drank ‘the marketing cool-aid’, (as I’ve been ‘accused of’ anyway…) and oddly; MOSTLY for stuff I don’t even advocate, endorse or believe in! – (like the SPAM we all got! – NOT a fan!) YIKES! - Seam to get unreasonably tossed-in with lots of Magic Bullet, Marketing “Guru-ism” Lumping-In (grossly over generalizations) kinda stuff… That is NOT what I do or teach… - - Oh well… sad but what it’s been anyway.

So, I’m breaking my own rule and better judgment on this one. Please Forgive Me!

Just to be clear; I DO NOT know (as best as I can tell) this Michael Vincent “Magic Marketing Boot Camp” guy at all… neither good nor bad, simply DO NOT KNOW him just so ya’ know.

As a matter of fact; THIS is the first I’ve heard or seen of him and ONLY cuz I dug-around to find him since it’s (I’m guessing on purpose) NOT obvious from his sales site.
Don’t understand that and though it looks-like he is “hiding” it makes people suspicious.

=> AND the ONLY reason I even know ‘this-little’ about him in the first-place is because he spammed me with his sales info! - - Things that make ya go Hmmmmm…

Also: Kinda funny how the video contradicted itself… (in several ways) At one point it says that he has most of the big-money program and “none of it works” and then it shows a stack of binder and says “here is a stack of high-priced programs that were never even opened” - - I’m beginning to see how the thousands of dollars in programs never worked! - - Ha!

* HINT: Pretty sure ya’ gotta OPEN them and then DO SOMETHING with em’ f you want them to work! Smile

Hey, if he literally spent thousands of dollars on programs and courses and never opened them I’d say this guy may not be the smartest tool in the shed… Hehehehe! (Based on his marketing anyway…)

I JOKE with this example, but it’s not a real good example of effective marketing as I see it, though the website and video (other than the inconstancies) are ok to some degree (I can’t brag… that’s for sure) and my guess is that he “IS” a smart guy who knows what he’s doing, (at least with his own business) but I only come to that possible conclusion because of his real websites and stuff… just an observation.

Another oddity is that he slammed ‘coaches’, but “HE ARE ONE”. – Even MORE confusion. (See his web links below)

Here are a few of Michael Vincent’s web sites…

http://MagiciansTouch.com (The Sales Site)
http://www.VincentAcademy.co.uk
http://www.MichaelVincentMagic.com
http://www.michaelvincentmagic.com/coaching--mentoring.html

Dean, I don't believe I need a boot camp, because I have your book "The Great Big Business Book of Money Makin' Super Success Secrets & Shortcuts". After my return from the Middle East I had some gigs to do over the holidays, but now I am into the course and am about half way through. I plan on stepping up the study so I can put some of it into action. I am putting my faith into your program instead of this "Boot Camp"
Thanks....Charlie in Roseville (just down the hill from you)
:)
May every day be magic!

TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Smile Hehehehe... Thanks bud! Ha!

Just being clear and fair here:
For me it's NOT about whether it’s a 'Boot Camp' or what ever… it's about (in my opinion) the less than desirable choices... like SPAM and the other stuff.

If it a great program... and you are PROUD of your product/process just say so and give intelligent people credit for being smart enough to choose for them what’s best based on the real evidence at hand.

I know some don’t agree… cool. Some INSIST that it should only be ONE kind of marketing over another, but as long as it’s honest, open and effective do what works and truth your audience to do what’s right for them.

Pretty simple really…

Like I said, I’m pretty sure, “IF” it is in fact this guy, (and, if it is him, he may have help here in the US… still looking around and asking people I know.) I imagine he’s a good guy. What I don’t understand is WHY hide (or not make it obvious anyway!) of his real credentials and experience and identity.

It ‘seams’ to have a bad smell and makes us NOT want to trust the offer/opportunity. (Assuming that was the ONLY bad thing… and it’s not)

Too; Charlie , it’s not the ‘Big Book’ (or ANY product) that is gunna set you free brother… hehehehe! - - It’s what you DO with the information, right? – Check in on our group and see when we are doing our EVENT… ok? – Looking forward to our time! Whoo Hoo!

Serving You & Your Success,
~ Deano (up the hill) in Reno
<><
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
689 Posts

Yes, Dean, I am looking forward to the EVENT

Charlie
<><
May every day be magic!

Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
I think it's funny that this is a $2,500 marketing boot camp for kid show performers and yet the person leading the charge doesn't reveal his name.

Then, they say they're going to have these famous kid show performers and don't mention their names.

Just sounds strange to me.

Gerry
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Things that make ya go Hmmmm…
I know people who signed up for his "5 Free Tips" and did all the double opt-in stuff and only got a note saying "5 Free Tips" image in the middle of the email, (or what-ever it said) but “NO Report!” - - No notes or comments saying if or when it might arrive... or what-ever.

Finally, when a note arrived a couple of days later it said: (STILL NO Report)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
“Thanks for signing up for my page. I have been super busy, doing shows!
Instead of sending out stock email of "5 tips" I want to customize them to you.”
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Then it goes on to talk about HIM and his success… ("still no name though"!)

So what he’s REALLY offering is to offer answers to questions submitted instead of the report he promised. - - That’s fine, but once again I find it a bit 'interesting' when he could have easily said… “I’ll answer your top 5 questions”! Which is cool, just not what was offered. (Nor the additional work of posting questions back to him/her.)

All my * friends said they Absolutely WILL NOT Be Replying to his request for questions since they simply do not trust anything he’s said or done so far (While STILL not revealing his super-successful 3.5 million dollar identity.) with-out some kind of real PROOF he is a real person with real results or anything to go on.

* Funny… the guys I’m taking about are all guys who ARE HIS Perfectly Matched TARGET AUDIENCE! All have spent a whole lot more than the money he’s asking and all WANT the information cuz they are full-time, life-long learners who are constantly growing their careers, and lives, but WILL NOT be paying this “Mystery Millionaire” a single dime till they can get in front of all this silliness.

Hey, I’m NOT, in any way, raggin’ on this guy at all… I WANT It (and who ever it is) to be GOOD!

Come on man… “IF” it IS ‘this guy’; he LOOKS like he might be a rock-solid pro (from the other web sites NOT obvious to the sales site… again IF it is this guy) and if he is really ‘All That And A 3.5 Million Dollar Bag Of Chips’, I’m JUST WONDERING WHAT THE DEAL IS HERE with all the secrets and pseudo-mystery stuff?

=> …and NO… it’s NOT a ‘marketing technique’ at this point. Not even a baaaad one!

P-L-E-A-S-E Help me understand… cuz I DON'T at this point.

Just Askin’…

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19823 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
There is so much out there to read well beyond the magic community why people don't just find it themselves is beyond me.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
689 Posts

Well, I am looking forward to the Dean's event

Charlie
May every day be magic!

JordanB
View Profile
Special user
dallas, tx
645 Posts

Profile of JordanB
Dean,

The last three websites you linked to in the first post are for a different Michael Vincent. That Michael Vincent is a parlor/close up magician from the UK.

Just wanted to clarify
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
YES, That IS the Michael Vincent That is the YOUTUBE account associated with the Video testimonial YouTube Account on The Magician’s Touch Magic Marketing Boot Camp Website. – One in the same… again, NOT saying ‘FOR SURE’ that this is the 3.5 Million Dollar Master marketer (Who seams to be trying to remain nameless in his-own marketing anyway…) guy running ‘this’ boot-camp web-site, BUT so-far this IS as direct a link to “Michael Vincent” in the UK as can so-far be simply found from the video on the ‘Boot-Camp’ sales site… kinda simple, UNLESS this 3.5 millions dollar boot-camp “MIKE” is using ‘Michel Vincent’s’ testimonial videos for his event.

The Video FROM The Boot-Camp Sales Page:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla......385uYX_0

IS this account...

http://www.youtube.com/user/michaelvincent64?feature=watch

Michael Vincent from the UK

No biggy… JUST following the links (so far anyway) that anyone can see right there on the boot-camp sales page that lead to the Michael Vincent account in the UK… and also waiting for some others who might know more to get back to me yet.

Whoo Hoo! - - Thanks!

TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Just got another email (Spam) from “Magician’s Touch” to get me to LIKE his FaceBook Page for updates about this event marketing…

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Magicians......?fref=ts

* The “Michael Vincent” (The Same UK Magician as you can see in FB URL as well…) ‘public figure’ page on FaceBook is directly linked to “Magician’s Touch Boot Camp” page, BUT the “Magician’s Touch Boot Camp” is NOT linked to anything as of yet, but then again, it only has 4 likes as of this posting. (That took some not-so-obvious ‘searching’ to even find! Not massively hard, but not at al easy or OBVIOUS as it should be!)

HERE is The Michael Vincent ‘Public Figure’ Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michael-V......?fref=ts

This Page IS Directly Linked To The “Magician’s Touch Page”. (Where it says “CONTINUE READING” in hypertext. - - As of this posting anyway…)

This guy looks like he is a good, solid dude and performer and that he has some real-world experience… heck, he was on Penn & Teller’s FOOL US as well as other nice stuff!

SO “WHY” does it appear as-if he is hiding his 3.5 million dollar super-successful identity with this event marketing program??? …and NO, as indicated earlier, it is NOT a good marketing strategy as is evidenced by the results I see throughout the web.

It seams more like NO ONE I know/see trusts him… and WHY should they? Most folks/see don’t like the spam, misinformation, no reports after opting-in and all the stuff that this program is highlighting thus far in the process.

I would think he’d be PROUD & LOUD about his participation in this marketing boot-camp if what he says on his site and marketing is a million percent TRUE!

Maybe it’s just me… (though it doesn’t seam so based on all the responses to date.)

Again, just asking…
~ Dean
<><

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Magic "Boot-Camp" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL