The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Aronson's ring leader (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Has anyone tried this routine from his book "Try the Impossible" the writing is good but it is very hard to follow I guess. just wondering if anyone has had success with it in the real world.
Decker
View Profile
Loyal user
Hades
211 Posts

Profile of Decker
Yes. It is very difficult to follow especially if you have no prior band experience. If you haven't seen the demo I suggest you go to Aronson's site and check it out. It is very powerful as a show phase for a ring and band routine. The Joining is also good.

I have never used Ring Leader by itself, only in the context of a routine.
"He had alot to say... He had alot of nothing to say..." --MJK
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I started praticing it a while ago but gave up because I couldn't understand it enough. Then I went back not too long ago and found my error. If you read it very carefully and look at the pictures right, you can get it with practice. Remember that Simon is lefty, so if you are a righty then you have to do the opposite of the picture. I've never used it in the real world but If I get good at it then I may. But right now I have a ring and string routine, so two penetration effects in the same set wont work that well.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Aronson states in the beginning of the effect that its hard to follow. He even showed it at an convention, and tried to explained it, but somewhere everybody got lost.
Thanks to John Bannon, Ring Leader went into the book.

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
I really appreciated that Simon mentioned in his book that it was difficult to follow. I haven't gotten it down yet, but it makes it easier to mess up when you know it isn't just you.
skc417
View Profile
Loyal user
australia
226 Posts

Profile of skc417
What is still unclear for every body? I must say it was a little bit hard to follow, but after you have seen the video on his site it becomes much more clear.

I think it is very powerful and the set up is rather natural. Sometimes I follow up with 'the joining' for an extra convincer. I use this quite often now, wear a ring and slap a few bands on your wrist next time you go out.

Simon
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
I started to think about this some more, and am wondering if I think it is unclear because I was told it was going to be unclear by Simon at the beginning.

Either way, I like the effect, and once you get it down it is a very nice traveling effect.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10790 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Ring Leader combined with ,Pinnacle and the joining can become a beautiful routine. I use bits and pieces from these three wonderful effects. however each effect can stand alone .

vinny
p.s. If any one needs help pm me and I will send a demo of Ring Leader to help.
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Aronson's ring leader (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL