The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Looking for a particular force. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
I have been playing with a few ideas for a particular force I need for a trick and wanted to see if any of you had any suggestions. Ideally I want a fast and very fair way to force one of six cards without a lot of talk. I figured I could eliminate face cards pretty easily with some patter about how everyone chooses the queen of hearts or king of diamonds or hell.. . even the ace of spades. I'll tell them that we need something truly random.

I already know a couple of I other ways to do this but they are too drawn out for my purposes.
Billman
View Profile
Loyal user
New hampshire
218 Posts

Profile of Billman
So you have six cards and need to force one of them?
or you need to force a stack of 6 cards in a deck of 52?

Thanks,
Bill
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
I want 1 of 6 cards in a full 52 card deck to be forced. The trick, however, is to show as many cards at one time as possible so it seems like they have the whole deck to choose from. I had considered making the middle of the deck a mix of face cards and force cards. Limit the spread of the deck a little so they are really just seeing that middle group. If you can use a little psychology to make them stay away from the face cards then it could work. The problem with that is that would be a lot of face cards in one area.
Justin W.
View Profile
Loyal user
Kansas
237 Posts

Profile of Justin W.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but why not just a classic force? A six card margin makes it dead easy.

Justin
Billman
View Profile
Loyal user
New hampshire
218 Posts

Profile of Billman
Quote:
On 2013-01-08 16:46, Justin W. wrote:
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but why not just a classic force? A six card margin makes it dead easy.

Justin

If it were me I would just do a classic force on 1 of the 6 cards, but it sounds like brad wants a visual force. The spec sees cards then chooses one?
Is this correct?

Are you doing this because you think it makes the trick stonger? or is it necessary to the overall trick that they see and choose a card?
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
The classic force would be an easy way of doing that but it doesn't fit exactly what I am going for. The way I would like it to look is this.

"I want you to think of a random card but not one of the ones everyone thinks of when they are put on the spot. So I am going to spread the cards out in front of you so that you can look at them all at once and make as random of a selection as possible. "

My goal is to make it look even fairer than if they just thought of it on their own, but really limiting them to just six cards. Hope that makes sense.

I may be chasing a unicorn. Smile
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
1776 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Look into a Mind Power Deck by John Kennedy. That would be by far the easiest way
AndyLuka
View Profile
Elite user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
440 Posts

Profile of AndyLuka
A good friend of mine showed me something called the visual classic force that is killer! I am not sure where he learned it from but this is exactly what you are looking for. And with a 6 card margin it would be devilishly easy.

Let me reach out to him and see what I can turn up in regards to where to find it.
Making Magic and Fantasy a reality in a world where our reality can sometimes be rather cruel

Http://www.lukamagic.com -That's Me

Http://www.bigguysmagic.com -The Best Magic Shop
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
Wravyn- I actually remember reading about that a couple of years back. I had totally forgotten about that. Thanks for reminding me! Going to do some reading on that. Looks very interesting.

Andy- I appreciate that. Thank you. That pretty much describes what I am trying to accomplish. A visual classic force. Sounds great! Let me what you find out.

Looks like I might just find what I am looking for. It doesn't really matter if the deck is gagged or not. It was going to get switched after the selection anyway.

I appreciate all your help.

Thanks!

Brad
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
I can't find the mind power deck or Nick vernas dream deck anywhere. Are neither of these sold anymore?
JH5magic
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of JH5magic
It sounds like you want them to think of any of six particular cards… in that case I think either casually spreading to or cutting to the six card block and then saying something along the lines of “I want you to think of a card and to help you visualize a card let’s take any 5 cards, no 6 cards since this has to do with Sixth Sense. Mix them a bit. Now look at the cards and then let your mind focus on one of them.”

I don’t know if this would fit the context of the effect you are working on, but you can have your audience member cut the deck into six packets and take the top card of each packet switching them for the six cards you want ala A Spectator Cuts The Aces approach. PM for more details if needed/interested.
AndyLuka
View Profile
Elite user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
440 Posts

Profile of AndyLuka
I asked my buddy about the visual classic force he said its in the 75th anniversary issue of geni. He said it also has Charlie millers work on it as well and it's good. Hope this helps.
Making Magic and Fantasy a reality in a world where our reality can sometimes be rather cruel

Http://www.lukamagic.com -That's Me

Http://www.bigguysmagic.com -The Best Magic Shop
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Looking for a particular force. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL