The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » What happened to the new Paul Harris effect? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Zach Allen
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Zach Allen
Anyone know what happened to the new Paul Harris trick that was supposed to be out? I believe it was supposed to be something like an Invisble deck only without the deck, or something along those lines. Anyone have any idea when it's due out? I seem to recall that it was supposed to be released a couple of months ago, as I remember reading in a few threads about how it was due out any week and then, nothing...

Thanks,

Zach
Check out all 6 of my e-books!
The Magic of Zach Allen

Also, here is a free PDF of ideas:
Starlit Circles
paulduggan
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of paulduggan
If you mean Exit 51 it's out. There's already one thread been started by someone who was wold to do a search, so I won't tell you to do a search. Just find that thread!
PS More Vanishing Deck than Invisible Deck.
It was a good battle, and they nearly won.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Is it Ben Harris your thinking of?
paulduggan
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of paulduggan
D'oh! I always mix those two up.
Sorry. And thanks for pointing it out.
It was a good battle, and they nearly won.
Zach Allen
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of Zach Allen
I really could've sworn it was a new original Paul Harris effect, not a Harris/Harris combination effort...I think it was supposed to be called "The One and Only" or something along those lines. Oh well, maybe it's just my memory.

Thanks.

Zach
Check out all 6 of my e-books!
The Magic of Zach Allen

Also, here is a free PDF of ideas:
Starlit Circles
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Yes, you're right. Paul Harris was supposed to release an effect called "The One and Only" or something along those lines. It was being hyped up last month but I haven't heard anything about it since.

Exit 51 by Ben Harris is something totally different.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
I haven't even heard about the new Paul Harris trick. Where is Paul Harris by the way? He hasn't came out with anything lately. Maybe he's just taking a break.
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
The new effect you are referring to is entitled "The One and Only" and it apparently ran into a couple of small production snags which have been overcome (figuring out how to produce in mass can be quite a challenge). Paul is a real perfectionist and this only benefits us in the end. Anyway, I just heard a day or two ago that it is on track for a week or two out. I received an early sample of this and, in my opinion, it is Paul's best release to date including his gems from the past. It's a real "worker" and VERY well thought out. Basically it is, as noted, an invisible deck routine without the invisible deck. A card is very very fairly named and it becomes "visible" inside an envelope. Others such as Dan Garrett, Mark Leveridge, Gary Kurtz, Michael Weber, and Allan Shaxon (amongst others) have worked on this plot but Paul's routine is fabulous... one envelope, VERY fair, easy to carry, practical, very magical looking, easy to do, etc.

As far as Paul, he is very busy consulting for some mainstream projects and also constantly creating, honing down ideas, etc.

Don't miss this. It along with Dreamweaver, Xpert, Just Passin Thru, Pinnacle, Tommy Wonder DVDs, Flicking Finger DVDs, Fooler Dooler DVDs (many great overlooked items), and a few others are the hits for 2003.

Tim Trono
marky707
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of marky707
I can't wait to get it.. I am coming up with ideas on how to use it already
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Is the idea any diffrent than "fogel's Invisible card routine" sold by Mark Strivings ??

The effect sounds the same .

Have a look at the following product from Mark Leveridge

http://www.markleveridge.co.uk/shopbask/products/idr.html
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Topsy, if you read my post you will note mention of the Mark Leveridge release. This is very good but obviously Paul's handling is very different from any of the prior plots of this classic venue from what I have seen/know (including the one released by Mark Strivings which is also very nice). "The One and Only" is like having all of the advantages of the classic invisible deck plot (which is a killer for laymen) but with just one envelope, no deck, no switches, no funny stuff, etc. A card is VERY fairly named and then the card becomes "visible" as it is dumped out from the envelope. No switches, no deck, no mess. Seeing many many releases each day, this is an item I will USE. For me that is the final test. The gimmick, instructions, etc. sample set I saw looked superb. Paul has a few other very other exciting releases lined up after this but man oh man this one is a real worker.

Tim Trono
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Quote:
"The One and Only" is like having all of the advantages of the classic invisible deck plot (which is a killer for laymen) but with just one envelope ....

Tim Trono

JUST ONE ENVELOPE ??

WOW Smile
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Kolassal Killer by Kenton Knepper also has the same kind of effect, except that a wallet is used. I'm interested to see what Paul did to this...
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
As I said on the other post regarding this effect on this forum, this seems the same as a routine myslef and others do combining Killer and version of a Lesley Teleport/Kissmet E*******.

Since Mr. Harris' effects are usually original I'm sure this methodology is different. I would love to hear a review from a purchaser.

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Hocus-Pocus has it on their website now.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Murphy's just received this today so we have started sending it out to shops/dealers worldwide.

Tim Trono
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
Larry Becker also has a verison on one of his videos. He calls it Kolassal Killer III, his presentation also has the cards being destroy with the exception of one.
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
Quote:
The envelope is clearly seen to contain no other cards after the "one & only" card is removed!
The card in the envelope is always the exact card named by the spectator!
Uses just one envelope!
No palming, switching, or loading of the envelope!
Entirely self-contained!
Resets in seconds!
Perform sitting, standing, or while aimlessly wandering around!

That is what the advert says.... If you are intrested, a Café member Greg Arce has a routine called Scorch that satisfies all these things.

It is a great trick, and a real jaw dropper. Only 1 card, only 1 envlope.

and the best part is: ITS FREE!!!! He has the routine posted in the Inner Thoughts Forum... I'm not saying where though, you'll have to look Smile
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
It sounds too good to be true. I'm anxiously waiting for a review before I order.
Devils Advocaat
View Profile
Loyal user
London
248 Posts

Profile of Devils Advocaat
Quote:
On 2003-12-03 01:07, MacGyver wrote:
If you are intrested, a Café member Greg Arce has a routine called Scorch that satisfies all these things.

It is a great trick, and a real jaw dropper. Only 1 card, only 1 envlope.

and the best part is: ITS FREE!!!! He has the routine posted in the Inner Thoughts Forum... I'm not saying where though, you'll have to look Smile

....That's why there is a search engine. Those that can't wait the two or three seconds for the results....

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......2&37

Frank.
"My Karma ran over my Dogma..."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » What happened to the new Paul Harris effect? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL