The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Lock show in SoCal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Again an idiot that can't read. Not looking for work at all in fact I am retiring. Second point in order to bounce escapes off of another escapist for gain there has to be a profit in it for both camps. This is the business side of entertainments. All setups are managed by both teams of agents who have their own entertainers interests at heart in the case of a double performance there is no way a half cooked little boy who is shunned by agents on his own doorstep is going to enhance in any way shape or form so as such I would not embarrass myself with publicly mixing with such. However we have a very full itinery with joint works with other Escapologists in NYC , Baltimore and LA. due to the rubbish spouted on here I will not post further info here but the full details will be listed on the UKEA site. End of, have had enough of this baby behaviour. Check out the facts and truth then decide for yourselves. Ken
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Mick will be there from the Friday through but have a few privates to do over the weekend as well. The Impossible Possible trifle eater will be there as well !!!!
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4467 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Who is full of BS? You ask. I have my own opinion on that. But I wouldn't want to voice it in public ...... Don't see the point. I know what I know and I draw my own conclusions based on evidence. And I weigh carefully evidence before making conclusions - I guess that's the scientist in me. Is there a bit of scientist in you?

Well I'm curious about the challenge thing. Whoever has the biggest bank balance makes them the best entertainer then?

If I compare what I have seen of your performance and what I have seen of kens. I have seen only your video of the coffin in a box escape with the soil on top of it. Now that's edited so I can't comment on the show side of it. But if I compare that to the live escape work I have seen ken do and I had to judge what was the most entertaining and demonstrated the most skill as an escape artist. Well being friends with Ken NOT being a factor I would go with Ken. Now the question is should a promo video be compared to an escape viewed in person? I suspect that your bank balance for the last year may be more than Kens. But are you winding down to retirement at the moment?

So do you go for:-

1) mine is bigger than yours (may be the magazine article had your vital stats in it ... But I can't remember Smile )
2) the overall skill, the performance and the entertainment

Now the fact that Ken has a picture of a pink balloon dog on his web site well the photo is out of context and I have to say that it really is ..... Ok ..... I have seen the context of that within the show and it's fantastic ..... But It's not mine to reveal. And you won't find it online anywhere (hopefully).

Different ethos different aim. I know that Ken has only ever aimed to do the job to the best of his ability, and entertain whilst paying the bills. He's not out for glory or to try and get famous.
magicbymccauley
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of magicbymccauley
I think a practice that people on here have of saying "I'm a real (x)" and "you're not a real (x)" is BS. You can measure success in many ways, I know several amateurs that are way better than highly paid professionals.

In reality I don't think these two categories the "Real x" and the "Fake x" actually exist. Everyone, from a 9 year old to a 90 year old is somewhere on a spectrum. And I have seen performances by 9 year olds that far outstrip the ability of professional entertainers in Vegas.

"I'm real and you're not" doesn't seem to be a very productive argument, and I don't think there is any such thing as a "REAL" escape artist. What's a real escape artist? I think Shadowcat is the only real Escape Artist. She can phase her body through solid objects. The rest of us use gim cuffs, gim locks, picks, keys and shims.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitty_Pryde

Shadowcat: Shadowcat is a mutant with the ability to pass through solid matter by passing her atomic particles through the spaces between the atoms of the object through which she is moving. In this way she and the object through which she is passing can temporarily merge without interacting, and each is unharmed when Shadowcat has finished passing through the object. This process is called "phasing" or quantum tunneling and it renders her almost completely intangible to physical touch.[1]
"Tricks are about objects, Magic is about life."
-Max Maven
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Quote:
On 2013-01-12 15:31, dave_matkin wrote:
Who is full of BS? You ask. I have my own opinion on that. But I wouldn't want to voice it in public ...... Don't see the point. I know what I know and I draw my own conclusions based on evidence. And I weigh carefully evidence before making conclusions - I guess that's the scientist in me. Is there a bit of scientist in you?

Well I'm curious about the challenge thing. Whoever has the biggest bank balance makes them the best entertainer then?


So do you go for:-

1) mine is bigger than yours (may be the magazine article had your vital stats in it ... But I can't remember Smile )
2) the overall skill, the performance and the entertainment

Now the fact that Ken has a picture of a pink balloon dog on his web site well the photo is out of context and I have to say that it really is ..... Ok ..... I have seen the context of that within the show and it's fantastic ..... But It's not mine to reveal. And you won't find it online anywhere (hopefully).

Different ethos different aim. I know that Ken has only ever aimed to do the job to the best of his ability, and entertain whilst paying the bills. He's not out for glory or to try and get famous.


It not what I meant. It was a challenge, because KEN was calling me a liar a fake and working a pizza shop... etc..
So I stepped up. Ken doesn't like people who does not buy into his BS and bulling!
Have you heard the old phase - BS walks and money talks?
See how Ken backs out when you call him on his BS?

The pink balloon animal reference was made when Ken said that an escape artist should look ragged, rough, manly --- but HIS photos are NOT! So is he full of his own BS?
See his actions reflects how others respond!

By seeing Kens video - I know what level he is on, what market he is in and his income cap.

Dave, check out this promo video, you might enjoy it... and you see other things I have done
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiVzApYmJSs

magicbymccauley
well put! HAHHA
I guess KEN is right we are pretenders including him! lol Smile
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4467 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
How do you know what his income cap is?
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Yes very we'll put... A cartoon escapologist just like the one in LA known as Bugs Bummy. Your reputations go before you all as many have already found out. I'm done with the biz so you can't hurt me but you are at the very bottom of the ladder. The reports by CHAINS tell all,,, shame your not worthy of invitation. Who laughs last laughs longest. I hear Mummy pays for your nappies still.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Apologies to all,,, I have once more let slip and tried to address the baby brigade. Going to sign off for a while before I explode hahaha will leave the idiots with the last words. Cos that's all they have,,, words.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4467 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Ken wasn't the image thread feedback from a chains meeting? Didn't you make it clear they were not your opinions but were collated in the meeting from members of chains?

Again the dog is out of context unless you've seen it ..... Aw man your missing a good one there.
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Quote:
On 2013-01-12 16:52, dave_matkin wrote:
How do you know what his income cap is?


I have been in the entertainment industry since I was a young kid. Worked many different markets and I know the income of each market pretty well.
Ken seems to be in the festival/fair market by his website and the photos he presents on it. Which is a decent market but not a high 6 figure income.

Ken, my mother pays my bills? I am sorry, what is your resource of your miss information? Because when I filed my income taxes it says something else - Escape artist. Also, my income surpasses my mothers.

Probably my mortgage on my property surpasses your yearly income! lol

See Dave, Ken just through out miss information and I defend myself and now others will say I am bragging, or picking on him...

Ken, I look at your website, I don't see any major accomplishments?
When I see my website I see major accomplishments, when I go to other escape artist websites I see major accomplishment, and those guys actually provide useful information on the Café.
Why is your lacking of such?
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Correct Dave but liars need ammo!
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
What are the lies Ken?
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Quote:
On 2013-01-12 16:53, Kondini wrote:
but you are at the very bottom of the ladder. The reports by CHAINS tell all,,, shame your not worthy of invitation. Who laughs last laughs longest. I hear Mummy pays for your nappies still.

HMM...
Being an opening act for Tony Curtis for an award show, being an opening act for Larry King for an award program, being the only feature act at TNT television network for their new tv show launch is at the bottom of the ladder?
Been invited to perform for a prince in another country is at the bottom of the ladder?

Been feature in major magazines, newspapers and number one news broadcast is the bottom of the ladder?

Working with about 25 different agents, events planners and talent buyers on a regular bases is the bottom of the ladder?

My clients become friends and we keep in touch - is the bottom of the ladder?

Before you say BS and your secret source says the opposite, I have photos, links to press coverage, videos of everything...

Yes, I am not super famous, not super rich, but I am not sweating my ass off at carnivals for peanuts! I get to go first class, well sometimes business class, heck if the deal is right, Ill take coach or a train! Smile
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Hey Dave your on the button Wilts Radio who has the bragging rights proven yet again but no understanding of self promotion BS to extreme, inferiority complex reversal. May be we should post everything we do hahaha like the Royal Tour, working with Diana Dors, Yul Brynner etc etc etc maybe set up a facebook fans page hahahaha what sad gits some people are. Glad to be done with these children who require counciling. Tarred with the brush as you say. Me gone
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
See Kondini,

You throw insults out at people and when they defend themselves you call it bragging.

In the states we call people like this two face...

And yes you should place your accomplishments on your website. Its called marketing and you probably would had gotten further in your career and a bit happier too!
Plus, it would had helped your agent get return calls and gig for you that you stated that he had issues doing. Smile
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
To see real two faced peeps from LA see the two twits on Big Brother right now.....hahaha pots calling kettle hahaha what a coincidence.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4467 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Curtis.

I read your last reply. Your source from working out Kens income cap is "I looked at his web site and it looks like he is in the fair/festival market " really you can work out his income from that. Holy shot your amazing! So you take 6 figures a year. Great ...... Well done ... But really the buried alive did not show you as a premier escape artist. At least not to other escape artists.. May be it was the video I saw but it came over as lame and it really didn't do it for me. Your video that I might like. Again I wouldn't book you based on that..... The things you cited ..... Performing in 4 countries that were named ...... Wow. I want substance not just a list of clients and names of countries and rivers and stuff like that. You accuse ken of just throwing (pass tense is threw btw) out misinformation but your doing the same thing. Back to the I'm better than you as my web site.....

He'll I have performed in all of the states down the east coast of America ..... No I really have! I may even be able to prove it (its a bit of a long shot as I'm nt sure if I still have the "paper work") but I could quite legitamtely say that and I have performed all thoes states and at Disney Land and universal studios. Also for several American YHA locations. It's all true. But it means nothing in real terms. But I could put it on a web site if I wanted.

Just cus Ken doesn't fill his site with what you call major acomplishments, I still would take advice from Ken - he may not have the worlds most pitched (or hyped up) web site like yours but he has done the time, he has the tee shirt and he is retiring a very successful man. I know some of the accomplishments he has achieved as an escape artist and I can guarantee that some of them you and I will NEVER GET CLOSE TO. Money can't beat some of his achievements. Including some pretty cool stuff that isn't in press anywhere but is qualified. Ask any chains member ......

I'm talking about cell escapes and escaping really unusual locks and stuff like that. Not to mention contracting to the worlds oldest and most respected media corporations. Why did they go to him? Not because of his web site!

I don't think your bragging ..... You are just that good ..... Certainly not picking on Ken. But it is interesting about the agents in your area and come to that ...... Your not open to challenging him .... If he is un-accomplished as you reckon then there is no reason to be scared and not step up like a real man (what ever one of thoes is .... Romans they were real men .... Bulging chest plates, muscles spears and double edged swords and all that). On the other hand he's booked up on the east cost now appears the agents he knows can get suitable challenges on the east cost but not the west. Still would be great to meet Doug.

Oh did you know that Ken has played for the queen (I don't mean Elton John I mean HRH Queen Elizabeth the second (are you two related your both the second)). I'm not talking at the RVP this was like proper Royal Tour all over the UK! A great gig!

Anyway I have Christmas cake to eat. Good night
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1488 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Quote:
On 2013-01-12 18:05, dave_matkin wrote:
Curtis.
But really the buried alive did not show you as a premier escape artist. At least not to other escape artists.. May be it was the video I saw but it came over as lame and it really didn't do it for me.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Dave your creasing us all up hahaha
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1488 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Stop it Dave!!! I am warning you, OR!!! I will make you watch the vid again and again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Lock show in SoCal (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL