We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Lock show in SoCal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
magicbymccauley
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of magicbymccauley
Escapes, with the exception of something like a substitution trunk (quick and visual), don't really look good on film. This is because the live action of an escape is what makes it so compelling. On a video, you know that the person is going to escape and you don't feel the live tension that makes it compelling. It just looks like a lot of grunting and sweating very slowly.

Houdini did a safe escape where he was in a covered safe for 20 minutes. Could you do that on T.V.? Of course not! It doesn't have the same effect. Seeing someone covered in concrete live and seeing someone do a concrete trick on TV or video is very different.

A lot of magicians (Criss Angel and David Blaine) were able to make magic play on tv, by having a very different "man in the street" camera style. That helped a lot.

Filming the trick with a fixed camera always make magic (and especially escapes) look flat.
"Tricks are about objects, Magic is about life."
-Max Maven
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4469 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2013-01-12 17:19, magicofCurtis wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-12 16:53, Kondini wrote:
but you are at the very bottom of the ladder. The reports by CHAINS tell all,,, shame your not worthy of invitation. Who laughs last laughs longest. I hear Mummy pays for your nappies still.

HMM...
Working with about 25 different agents, events planners and talent buyers on a regular bases is the bottom of the ladder?

Name em .... Here in public. Then Ken can get his agent to talk to your agents ..... Surely you can strike a deal and get a sweet deal for both. I know many years ago Ken was on TV in the USA and another EA called in and challenged on air. Next day big press cameras rolling ......the rest is history.

Imagine you can put ken down for good! Show him really who is boss! Surely you prefer to be on top?

What a great opportunity for both of you AND it would bring in some cash and would help promote you and the art of escapology. Shoot you could donate your money to a good local cause and get even more press. I talked to the lady at Jules Verne Foundation - a fantastic not for profit organisation...... You could donate your fee to them.

I would love to see you stick it to Ken! That would be great all of his posturing and statements about saying your full of BS would be blown clean away. No need for using "income" as a measuring stick. Do it the old fashioned way ...... As an escape challenge you know as an EA a proper one..... Like HH or Harley etc etc.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Dave, Ken, Ian.... who are you talking about/to... I see no one.

NOW, Ken... be a proper gent and assure me that you will at least ATTEMPT to make a visit to Nippuliniland about Philadelphia! Right, off you go! Chip chip and all!
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
magicbymccauley
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Hey I just had a great Idea. What if Ken and Curtis are BOTH great Escape Artists and BOTH have had great accomplishments, and no one needs to call anyone a faker and everyone is a real Escape Artist? How about that? And I can be a guy starting up an Escape Act and get advice from people and Ian can be a great escape manufacturer and Jay Leslie can be a wonderful magician and Escape Artist and we can all be friends and be nice to each other, and apologize for being mean and everyone can be real positive and nice to each other from now on.

But of course, that kind of thinking is iconoclastic. Someone as to be the good guy and someone the evil nemesis, just like always.

Okay, new game: say something nice about someone. I'll go first: Nippulini makes really nice swords and I would like to get some shims from him. His work at the forge is great. There.

Now you go.
-Max Maven
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1490 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Quote:
On 2013-01-12 21:18, magicbymccauley wrote:
What if Ken and Curtis are BOTH great Escape Artists

But they are not, Ken has many year of experience with escapes. This is the real world with real people, not a Sunday school class. It’s an affront with the ”let’s hold hands and say only nice things" routine.
When I design a product or the mechanics to an escape, I don’t keep looking at the good bit, the working side, the positive. I am to look to and for the fault, in any guise or form. It’s is the positive which I expecting to make, it is what people ask of me. So why focus on what is expected.
Only when I consider the negatives do I sort out changes to come up with I intended to be, the positive.
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Quote:
Hey I just had a great Idea. What if Ken and Curtis are BOTH great Escape Artists and BOTH have had great accomplishments, and no one needs to call anyone a faker and everyone is a real Escape Artist? How about that? And I can be a guy starting up an Escape Act and get advice from people and Ian can be a great escape manufacturer and Jay Leslie can be a wonderful magician and Escape Artist and we can all be friends and be nice to each other, and apologize for being mean and everyone can be real positive and nice to each other from now on.

But of course, that kind of thinking is iconoclastic. Someone as to be the good guy and someone the evil nemesis, just like always.

Okay, new game: say something nice about someone. I'll go first: Nippulini makes really nice swords and I would like to get some shims from him. His work at the forge is great. There.

Now you go.

But, the ego's make of lack of things on here! wink
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1490 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Curtis, the only ego I see here is your's, no-one else see the cheast beat like you and then cry foul and have a hissy.
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Ian,
you have the biggest ego and and comes with a filthy mouth! I have tons of emails from you to prove it!
Funny, how you speak bad about the Cannons selling stuff, but you were happy to supply them with your works when they were sending you checks! lol
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Quote:
On 2013-01-12 18:05, dave_matkin wrote:

I'm talking about cell escapes and escaping really unusual locks and stuff like that. Not to mention contracting to the worlds oldest and most respected media corporations. Why did they go to him? Not because of his web site!

Yes, comparing to real escapes, I don't do such. But never been my goal. I am in show business.
I am a showman delivery entertainment utilizing escapes wrapped up in personality that the spectator enjoys. Nothing real except the entertainment value. If you compare me to real escape than Yes, I lack of such. But if you compare me to a show that is entertaining and enjoyable then its a different tune.

OHhh I have done searches on Kodini and really don't find him in the media-- what are the links? Be glad to see him.

The video I posted was more of a resume type of video. Not sure if you watched it or not, since you said it was basically only words. Lots of video footage and images to support the claims.

CHAINS? I don't really belong to groups and don't care for them. I think they are usually filled with dreamers and not actual doers. Sometimes you will find a few great peeps from them, but not worth my time. A lot of people that does magical entertainment t for full time living that I KNOW seldom belongs or attends these type of groups.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1490 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
You made my day!!!!!!!!!!!

I have only ever heard rumors of such hollow and shallow people existing, never seen someone come straight out and say it. LMAO

Is the A in LMAO too potty mouth for some??

LOL
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Glad I made your day!
magicbymccauley
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

BAD escape artists. BAD! Go to your room, the both of you.

I proposed a game where we say nice things about each other.

So far the score is

Mac: 1 (Said something nice about Nippulini)
Ian: -5
Curtis: -3

So I am winning, currently.

I am keeping score in this game for the rest of eternity, and will be continually posting scores from now on. So start saying nice things or you will get a bad score. The first person to reach -100 gets called "Negative Nancy" forever. So watch it, or you will receive that title.
-Max Maven
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
As you can see from these last few posts it goes on and on and Ariston. You can also see the wriggle out effect, the liar and the BS. I don't think one can reason with a fool or even debate with a fool.

A person who considers reports on the Internet, websites and promo rubbish as being a marker in entertainment, knows nothing about entertainment.
To post all that you do or have done is so sad and a sign of self importance. There are many things I could boast about but that would have gained me nothing, however to have been accepted and honoured by ones peers, people who know the biz, people who have done the biz for real is a true accolade which has given me real satisfaction.

To say you do this and that but when called out have nothing to offer is the sign of a stupid person.

Not that its got anything to do with anyone here or anywhere else >>> I have spent my working life doing that which I love. I am now at the sunset of all that I love. I have always paid my way, taxes, put two kids through Uni, supported more than one woman, have three vehicals,a house, shop, all paid for and in the process of purchase of another property in the USA. I shall retire with savings and more than that so many happy memories. My legacy is happy contented peeps who have paid my wages by me acting the fool, such is all I could ever ask for.

OK so now you know as much as you need to but just to round it off. I have travelled the world as a busker twice, performed in thirty two countries (For cash) A member of IBM, Circle (Now defunct)CHAINS (Which is a charity escapology fund raising world wide org)Sunshine Supporter, 2nd Dan Judoka,Water Rats, Variety Club of GB. None of this has been exposed before but being called out by a half witted, half cooked, done nothing, pretender who is still sucking a dummy and compulsive liar to boot,,,I have had enough.

Im done.

Ken.
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Are you done or finished?
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Ken, who are you talking to? I have this nice little APP for my "computer", it makes certain peoples posting completely invisible!!! I really don't know what's happening OTHER than what YOU guys are posting, so I am really out of the loop here. I DO see a truly seasoned performer with decades of experience for SOME odd reason explaining himself to blank posts. I haven't heard or seen a thing from Mac and Curt (just take the stave from the R and extend it down for the mans real name). Really.. who are you guys talking to? I see nothing... really... NOTHING
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Wait, Ken.... did you say 32 countries? Wow! I have been peforming professionally since 1999 and have only been lucky enough to have been flown to 8 different countries for my act (and also got paid ungodly sums of cash)... I feel humbled. So many people I know haven't even travelled out of their of state, let alone out of the country.... on someone elses dime..... first class..... picked up in limos.... 5 star hotels fully paid for..... put on television.... enjoyed the luxury and experience of being in exotic locations.... getting 4+ digit paychecks tax free.... all because of their nipples. Oh wait. that's just me. Smile
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4469 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2013-01-12 22:38, magicofCurtis wrote:
Quote:

Now you go.

But, the ego's make of lack of things on here! wink

Ok I know that I am not the best reader and writer in the world.

But I can't understand what you have typed. It seems like a jumble of words ........... I'm not sure the apostrophe is right ..... But just taking that out doesn't help so you need to re-phrase it in English, or at least American English. Of course it could just be me .... I'm always reading stuff wrong.
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Back to the topic in this thread...we will just miss the lock show. But we would like to catch up with anyone while we are in CA. We will be in Carslbad, CA February 7-9 with two shows on the 8th at La Costa Resort.
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Hey Nipps reading between your lines you have got it hahaha Just spoke with a couple of folk and lots of lurkers are having a laugh. See what developes,,,watch this space !!!! Cos an old man is gonna be whipped by a naked babe in arms,,,bring it on cos Im a coming your way.

The geriatrics are revolting but the babies nappy smells worse (Thanks for that Paddy!!!) Bet you cant wait to get back to LA hahaha.

So where shall we go from here, hows about a winter sale,,,Contact Jokers of Maristow Street for the bargain of the week its a full sized Chest Wig made from real hair !!! Only £3.99. Or a rubber shirt lifting bulb which conceals in the pocket for £1,50 or a white mummers face to hide behind only £1.

P&P extra but can deliver over the next month if your USA based.

Nipps will bell you if I can when in Baltimore,,,its going to be a bit tight this trip but Im planning on reducing the value of your property by moving in next to you !!!!
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Apologies Jay for the jacking of your thread,, it's out of order. Ken.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Lock show in SoCal (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL