The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Is it a big deal? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
If you aren't very religious and met someone very nice but they used religious terms all the time, is it wrong to tell them to ease up? The person is great in every other way.
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1223 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Whatever you do, don't delete them as your facebook friend. Especially if they are Café members. They will most likely bring the issue to the NVMS section, and get their thread deleted.......lol

Aside from that, I am a religious person but I am fully aware that my take on things are not everyone else's take on them. I think you are well within your rights to tell them to ease up. Just be prepared.....every religion (or anti religion) has it's extremists......just look around here....lol. You may end up offending your friend to the point that it affects your friendship. If that is the case then it is your friends fault not yours. Hopefully they are a good enough friend and not so close minded that they don't respect you and your beliefs. Good luck.
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
173 Posts

Profile of R.S.
The first time you take them to one of your monthly Satanic Ritual meetings should give them a clue. Smile

Seriously though, what kind of "religious terms" are we talking about? How long have you known each other?

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16249 Posts

Profile of tommy
It's not Osama bin Laden is it?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2013-01-08 23:33, Old Scratch Johnson wrote:
If you aren't very religious and met someone very nice but they used religious terms all the time, is it wrong to tell them to ease up? The person is great in every other way.

That happens to me every day here in Malaysia. Smile

So long as they don't harm others, as they are "very nice" as you said, I'm fine by it. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Stay well, Pakar!
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2013-01-09 07:51, Woland wrote:
Stay well, Pakar!

Thanks... You too, Woland. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3621 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Quote:
On 2013-01-09 00:30, w_s_anderson wrote:
Whatever you do, don't delete them as your facebook friend. Especially if they are Café members. They will most likely bring the issue to the NVMS section, and get their thread deleted.......lol

Aside from that, I am a religious person but I am fully aware that my take on things are not everyone else's take on them. I think you are well within your rights to tell them to ease up. Just be prepared.....every religion (or anti religion) has it's extremists......just look around here....lol. You may end up offending your friend to the point that it affects your friendship. If that is the case then it is your friends fault not yours. Hopefully they are a good enough friend and not so close minded that they don't respect you and your beliefs. Good luck.

Very good advice!

On a quick aside, I thought when you deleted someone on Facebook, they did not know it... ??
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11159 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2013-01-09 10:04, Mr. Mystoffelees wrote:

On a quick aside, I thought when you deleted someone on Facebook, they did not know it... ??

If you un-friend them, they'll get notified. However...

Go to your own profile and open the list of your friends. Next to each is a box that indicates you are indeed friends. Roll over that and it will drop down a list. Uncheck "Show in News Feed" and you won't have to see their posts on your home page timeline anymore. I've done that to a few people who always seem to post junk I'd rather not wade through.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Thanks for that tip, that'll clean up the clutter quick.

Scratch- Ask them to do like you do: live it, not talk it.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Is it a big deal? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL