The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Helicopter cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

slowdini
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of slowdini
Does anyone do this trick? I saw a post on another forum badmouthing this effect and Slydini. I looked it up in my Slydini book and good lord, that's some serious work! I watched the Dick Cavette footage and its great. It takes a lot of work to do this routine. Its not easy to pull it off. One has to invest some serious effort into working this piece out. What do you guys think of this one? Do you guys think its worth the time it takes to get this together?
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
I think this is one of those things that virtually no one but Slydini can pull off.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Gerald Deutsch
View Profile
Elite user
492 Posts

Profile of Gerald Deutsch
For my personality I felt that a "Perverse Magic" climax for the Helicopter Card would be appropriate and that climax would be having the card not on the table but, to my surprise, in my mouth.

Of course the card is lapped at the end of the routine and then, while the spectator is turning over face dwon cards the magician (i) can use both hands to fold the card into quarters, (ii) take the folded card between his two thumbs and then (iii) (a) fold his hands, (b) put both elbows on the table and (c) rest his chin on his thumbs. The magician now just has to lower his head a bit and his two thumbs - with the folded card will go right into his mouth.

The magician is confused at the card not being found and tries to say something and he is confused by 'something" in his mouth and with his hands clearly empty, he reaches into his mouth and finds - the folded selected card. He is confused - much to the delight of the audience. And of course they are fooled and a good ending is provided for Slydini's wonderful effect.
MuscleMagic
View Profile
Special user
794 Posts

Profile of MuscleMagic
Quote:
On 2013-01-10 21:01, gdw wrote:
I think this is one of those things that virtually no one but Slydini can pull off.
+1
MagicofDesperado
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of MagicofDesperado
I think it's awesome and have exerted some effort myself toward this great effect.

Dave
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1629 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Nick Pudar performs this effect quite well. He fooled my wife very badly while performing this effect during his visit to San Francisco a few years back.

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
Francois Lagrange
View Profile
Loyal user
Paris, France
224 Posts

Profile of Francois Lagrange
Quote:
On 2013-01-10 23:27, MagicofDesperado wrote:
I think it's awesome...

Dave

I second that.
Protect me from my friends, I'll take care of my enemies.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Helicopter cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL