The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » NEED ADVICE: 50th Birthday party strolling & 20 minute stage show later (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1261 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Quote:
On 2013-01-16 16:35, Wravyn wrote:
One can always do some larger/parlor style effects for more than one table at once... Cut and restored rope; TT magic; Thumbcuffs etc
This still allows the intimacy of the strolling by reaching more spectators at once.

Precisely what I was thinking. Get chunks of tables at a time to watch. that's why the Any Signed Card To Any Wallet (UCCU) works nice here. I have a spectator choose/sign a card at one table .. then I go 1 or 2 tables down and reveal their card in an other spec's wallet (at the other table). That way Im involving several tables at once. What would you recommend for a nice TT effect?
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
There are so many things one can do with a TT... Vanishing salt... appearing/vanishing silk... A lit match vanish... Vanishing and reappearing water... I do not know your style of performing, so to give a good recommendation is difficult. I do a vanishing cigarette also I like to do Richard Osterlind's 'Sweeter and Lower' from 'Volume Three - Assorted Mysteries' of his MIND MYSTERIES DVD set.

There are books and DVDs about the versatility and their uses. Learn how to use one properly and you will never leave home without it.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
If you're still using the invisible deck for walk around only check out Bill Malone's Standing Ovation Invisible Deck routine! It's amazing!
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1261 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Yep! Definitely busting out the TT. Good ideas! Ill check out Malone's Standing Ovation Invisible Deck routine. Been looking for an "Invisible deck on steroids" routine.
ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
For events that have a guest of honor I do Ammar's Ultimate Coverage Insurance Policy trick. Ends with a personalized giveaway at the end of the show. Packs small and plays huge.
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
TheMag1cian,
DON'T do Bill Malones Invisible Deck routine. I've had the pleasure of meeting Bill and watching him perform this routine in the flesh. Bill is Bill and know one can do this routine justice. If need be, watch the routine in order to learn how to routine a powerful effect with minimal props, but don't try to use this routine as is. Good Luck.
Lou
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1261 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Quote:
On 2013-01-17 15:47, ldl1017 wrote:
TheMag1cian,
DON'T do Bill Malones Invisible Deck routine. I've had the pleasure of meeting Bill and watching him perform this routine in the flesh. Bill is Bill and know one can do this routine justice. If need be, watch the routine in order to learn how to routine a powerful effect with minimal props, but don't try to use this routine as is. Good Luck.
Lou

Thanks for the heads up! Some effects you just cant replicate. I know what you mean. If its all personality then Ill find something else or find my own way of working it. Thanks
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
If you have to do 30 minutes of table magic do what I do:MISER'S DREAM. I always open with the misers dream when I do table magic. you can walk around and make contact. see how people react. you can pass and produce some coins or do something more like a counflurry or a coins across. the idea behind this is that you can get to everybody in nearly 15 minutes or so. everybody is seeing you NAD HEARING YOU. it is flexible, you can stop and do the paper to money at that table. the coins that are hitting the bucket make enough noise to the people to hear that you are working.

alternative would be a paper bag and produce spongeballs a la misers dream. you don't have the noise factor.
Countage
View Profile
Veteran user
Charlotte
361 Posts

Profile of Countage
I recommend Johnny Ace Palmers presentation of the invisible deck. If the crowd is spread out in many rooms or different groups you can two tricks over and over again for the strolling part.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » NEED ADVICE: 50th Birthday party strolling & 20 minute stage show later (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.39 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL