The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Space Towers auction battle! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
cyberdave03
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
Anyone want to guess what r***o is thinking right about now? ( http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V......49219431 ) (hint: mother#@%*&%!)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TENYO-T-135-SPAC......6ffebb4b
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
300 USD is ridiculous ... . Why people don't put any more effort in finding some items is beyond me ... you can at least try a forum like this and ask about the trick you would like to buy, chances are you will find one or more people who have one or more (like with Space Towers Smile )! But I guess some people have more than enough money and when they want something they're going all the way - good for the seller Smile
Tom Trix
View Profile
Regular user
Copenhagen,Denmark
113 Posts

Profile of Tom Trix
Hi! For your information I have not raised the starting price on my Space Towers the starting bid has always been $ 49.95 The bidding went crazy as John Mazza writes Only one party was a inexperienced bidder. I was thinking this must stop. The first one was sold for $ 130.00 The next three around $ 60.00 number five Yes that was the famous $ 391.00 and number six was sold today for $ 100.00 because one interested party did write me a mail and offered me $ 100.00 at buy it now, so I sold it because it was a good offer now I have only two left. Perhaps it is easy to find Space Towers in the states but not in Europe. I am a little surprised that this matter has been a big discussion at the magiccafe but here is the truth.

Best Regards
Tom Trix
There is no business like Showbusiness.
peterger
View Profile
New user
Belgium
91 Posts

Profile of peterger
I hope that by the time I want to buy some rare items, prices haven't raised like this one because then I'll have to find another hobby...
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2013-01-15 14:59, Tom Trix wrote:
I am a little surprised that this matter has been a big discussion at the magiccafe but here is the truth.

Me too...
I am nostalgic of a few years ago, I think the forum was more interesting, I begin to no longer take pleasure in coming here. Many interesting people left little by little, it's sad.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1040 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Quote:
On 2013-01-15 15:20, peterger wrote:
I hope that by the time I want to buy some rare items, prices haven't raised like this one because then I'll have to find another hobby...

If that price is shocking wait until you see what the rare tenyo stuff goes for all the time Smile

You want a cheap hobby this is not the one to have. Smile
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I have no work, no salary, no money, in my bank account I have never more than 200euros. But I have succeed to make a great collection, I have make great blog. Even if I increasingly want to give up and close the blog (because I feel that it does is nothing, except be disappointed, Sometimes I spend 4 hours to publish an article and I do not even know if only one person has read it.) I think it is possible to make your collection without being rich, you should just be a little patient and smart... Good luck.
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
I agree, just be patient and keep looking and you can find good deals. I have also built up a pretty large collection without spending too much on any of my Tenyo tricks. (Although I have to say not spending a lot on 200+ tricks does come out to an awful lot of $$$ Smile

And BTW Stereo, I do check your site every day and read all your articles. I am constantly amazed all the Tenyo information you are able to dig up. Your site is invaluable to us Tenyo collectors so definately keep it up!
peterger
View Profile
New user
Belgium
91 Posts

Profile of peterger
I've also already found a lot of invaluable info on your site stereo... it's amazing the work one man can do when he is passionate about something!
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2870 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On 2013-01-15 15:48, stereo wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-15 14:59, Tom Trix wrote:
I am a little surprised that this matter has been a big discussion at the magiccafe but here is the truth.

Me too...
I am nostalgic of a few years ago, I think the forum was more interesting, I begin to no longer take pleasure in coming here. Many interesting people left little by little, it's sad.

Truly spoken.

It seems, mostly everything has been said on the tricks and items already - so some of the remaining people spend their time snooping and distrusting about prices and trades. Smile

While price research is part of collecting, it may not be forgotten that it's the magic of Tenyo after all that has brought us together long ago.

BTW Davy, I have not forgotten to get back to you regarding the Fantasma illusion!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Quote:
On 2013-01-15 16:31, xl18 wrote:
I agree, just be patient and keep looking and you can find good deals. I have also built up a pretty large collection without spending too much on any of my Tenyo tricks. (Although I have to say not spending a lot on 200+ tricks does come out to an awful lot of $$$ Smile

And BTW Stereo, I do check your site every day and read all your articles. I am constantly amazed all the Tenyo information you are able to dig up. Your site is invaluable to us Tenyo collectors so definately keep it up!

Yes, even if you were to pay and average price of $25 (which is a good average price) it would cost you $6,375 for a complete T-collection (T-1 to T-255).
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Quote:
On 2013-01-15 16:07, stereo wrote:
I have no work, no salary, no money, in my bank account I have never more than 200euros. But I have succeed to make a great collection, I have make great blog. Even if I increasingly want to give up and close the blog (because I feel that it does is nothing, except be disappointed, Sometimes I spend 4 hours to publish an article and I do not even know if only one person has read it.) I think it is possible to make your collection without being rich, you should just be a little patient and smart... Good luck.

I cheked your blog at least once a week.........don't you have any statistical tool to measure the traffic on the different pages on your blog???....there are a lot available and some of them without cost.
Also I can tell you that a lot of the traffic of some of my videos comes from views of the ones embeded on your blog....I know this thank to the statistical report from youtube.....
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I have statistics, but strangely it does not make me happy to watch.
It would be more pleasant that people writte a comment from time to time rather than having to be comforted by reading columns of numbers and looking at graphics. ;o)
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3442 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Here is a good stat Stereo... 100% of us love your site! Smile

John
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3442 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Quote:
On 2013-01-15 16:31, xl18 wrote:

Yes, even if you were to pay and average price of $25 (which is a good average price) it would cost you $6,375 for a complete T-collection (T-1 to T-255).

Yikes... another reason my wife is not allowed access to this forum!
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Quote:
On 2013-01-15 15:48, stereo wrote:

On 2013-01-15 17:07, Nicolino wrote:
Truly spoken.
It seems, mostly everything has been said on the tricks and items already - so some of the remaining people spend their time snooping and distrusting about prices and trades. Smile
While price research is part of collecting, it may not be forgotten that it's the magic of Tenyo after all that has brought us together long ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aFV1r45sAQ
Marlowe
View Profile
Regular user
MA
162 Posts

Profile of Marlowe
I feel compelled to say a few things.

First, Regarding Mr.Trix..I apologize if I am wrong, but I thought the last S.T. started at 59$ and plenty of times I have seen sellers raise prices on tricks because the last one sold for x amount..this was not an attack or a judgement.. go back and reread my posts and you will see that it was just me saying...'gee..I hope this doesn't drive up the price'...
Of course, you are free to demand any price you want..and I require no explanations.
Next,
I thought this was just an amiable discussion about a trick we were all surprised fetched such a huge sum. I had no idea the dirty laundry it would evoke.

I came to this forum excited about Tenyo and excited that there were some people who were excited too.

With a few exceptions, I was greeted with sighs, grumbles, and general indifference.
I reached out on occasion and was mostly ignored.

Now I feel it is being insinuated, that I and others are some kind of 'creeps', spreading discord among this Tenyo Eden and not even as interesting as those beloved 'who have come before'...and frankly, I am a bit hurt.

I believe that everyone is interesting and has valid views and is worth listening to and enjoying discourse with.

That said, I can also take a hint, and I never stay somewhere I am not welcome.
cyberdave03
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
Ah, Marlowe, you have to be of thicker skin than that. Like any "family", members here have disagreements and sometimes even fights, but it always blows over and all is forgotten. For the most part, however, everyone here shares an interest in magic in general, and Tenyo specifically, and is willing to share that with everyone else. Many of us have benefited from that. You've made a mea culpa, so forget about it and continue to add your 2 cents worth . I guarantee you we're interested.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Marlowe, I was not talking about you AT ALL. Sorry if you think that, it's weird. You are welcome and I'm happy when new members come in this forum.

There is no Tenyo Eden for me. If I built the blog It is precisely to ensure that new people can discover Tenyo. I'm not disappointed that the new members arrives, I am disappointed that the old members are gone. There is a real difference that my bad English failed to transmit properly. Sorry.
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Quote:
On 2013-01-16 08:50, stereo wrote:
Marlowe, I was not talking about you AT ALL. Sorry if you think that, it's weird. You are welcome and I'm happy when new members come in this forum.

There is no Tenyo Eden for me. If I built the blog It is precisely to ensure that new people can discover Tenyo. I'm not disappointed that the new members arrives, I am disappointed that the old members are gone. There is a real difference that my bad English failed to transmit properly. Sorry.

Which old members have disappeared?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Space Towers auction battle! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL