We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Which coin box set should I consider? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
777 Posts

Profile of PapaG
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2013, Merc Man wrote:
Over the years I've had two sets of boxes; both of which I've sold due to never actually getting around to using them.

Maybe it's just my style, but I never felt comfortable switching boxes in and out convincingly.

These days, I use The Kartis Box from Tango Magic. It's a German//Okito/Boston box all in one. It's a beautifully designed box and the weighting is the best I've ever handled. The instructional DVD is also exceptionally well produced; outlining the vast majority of things that you need to perform with a coin box, without any switching. You can find the clip for The Kartis Box on YouTube, or the Tango site.

http://www.tangomagic.com/product.php?pr......0&page=1

Just a minor point, but it's only fair to mention it. If you are going to use English Pennies for the transformation, you will need to rub these down slightly for them to fit in the box. This isn't a difficult task, as being made of copper, just some wet and dry sandpaper, and 'the job's a good'un' in a matter of minutes. If you switch some normal-sized pennies into play, you have an automatic 'Sokito' effect. This idea isn't on the DVD, but there you go - you can have that idea for free (and it's easier to switch a coin, rather than a coin box). Smile

Maybe it's just my own way of thinking but I've never considered the 'Sokito' or 'Plug Box' ending to a coin box routine strong enough to be worth the effort if I'm entirely honest.

PM'd you.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7128 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Johnson has the O-Korto Box set:

https://www.johnsonmagicproducts.com/sho......7b2c7108

The Buddha box is my favorite:

https://www.chazpro.com/new-category/

Doug
algebraic
View Profile
Special user
982 Posts

Profile of algebraic
Here's my list of favorites:
1.) David Roth coin box set
2.) The Buddha coin box set

Here's my list for coin box:
1.) Jo Pro coin box by Johnson Coins
2.) Magna coin box by Johnson coins
snushy
View Profile
Veteran user
338 Posts

Profile of snushy
The authorized David Roth coin box set is now available thru Meir Yedid at MyMagic.com
YOU KNOW WHY YOU DON'T SEE? BECAUSE YOU DON'T WATCH! - SLYDINI
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
My favorite is M Box and M Box 2.0
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27236 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2013, mojo wrote:
Does Roy Kueppers make the Roth set (and can I get essentially the equivalent to the Roth from him for less)?
I'd like to get recommendations on a very good set that's also reasonably priced.
Also, are more people going with the quarter sized boxes these days now that half dollars are less commonly used?
I've browsed through some of the previous discussions here already, but some are pretty old threads and it would be nice to have some fresh opinions on what the best options currently. Thanks!

Contact Roy. Quarters are not easier for the rim steal etc. For the slot box … makes sense.

Can’t reccomend specifics without more context for your use case.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4378 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Roy Keuppers does not have the right to sell the Roth coin box. Meir Yedid does, and it is sold at mymagic.com .
Roy did make the boxes for David for a time, but was not supposed to make them to sell on his own.
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC SPECIAL:
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1396 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
If you want a quarter sized box, Jeff Copeland just came out with a set that he's now selling.
Chuck Finley
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Chuck Finley
I have this set:

https://thehandsofmagic.com/coin-box-set

It is well worth considering. The thinking and all the material you get with it is pretty impressive. I have followed their stuff for a while and when they actually put out an official set it was a no brainer for me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Which coin box set should I consider? (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL