The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » What You've All Waited For: A Tenyo BOOK (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
I'm in. May need three though:
One to read
One BNIB
one spare
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
The deluxe edition would probably cost double the price of the regular edition. (This is how I've priced my deluxes for decades.) Slip cases cost $25 to $40 EACH these days.

Yes, it will be signed and numbered.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5141 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Drool.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

I'll be selling bibs, too. Smile
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3772 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Richard,

I don't envy the large responsibility you've taken on but certainly applaud you for doing so - bravo sir!

Anything I can do to help please do get in touch. Smile

Looking forward to the masterpiece ahead. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
mirror mate
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of mirror mate
Yes for sure mr Kaufman has a huge responsibility resting on his shoulders,but believe me he will deliver the goods!! .
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5141 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On 2013-03-01 23:21, Richard Kaufman wrote:
I'll be selling bibs, too. Smile

Will you sign those as well? I'll need more than one.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

I'll sign a diaper (or an adult Depends) if it makes you happy. I'm not proud, and anyone who buys an expensive book like this one will be deserves personal service from the author/publisher!
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Smile
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Hey Richard,

Just wondering if you ever thought about publishing the Mark Steducatti book (which is in the works) on Lubor Fiedler?

Also - do you know the latest on that book - and do you know anymore about the magic set that Mark Steducatti is working on that uses the ChromaDepth lens that Lubor Fiedler used for the TENYO 'Flying Carpet' effect?

Sorry for all the questions!

Joe
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

I am indeed publishing the book on Lubor Fiedler, which Matt Field has already started writing. Mark has been shepherding the book toward me for several years. Things are now underway!

The magic set using ChromaDepth glasses is being done outside the US, but it hasn't come out yet. I think it will be a while.

And if you want to improve the illusion with Lubor's "Flying Carpet," you might want to buy a few pairs of these high-end ChromaDepth glasses:
http://www.3dstereo.com/viewmaster/gls-cdsd-pl.html
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Quote:
On 2013-03-16 19:48, Richard Kaufman wrote:
I am indeed publishing the book on Lubor Fiedler, which Matt Field has already started writing. Mark has been shepherding the book toward me for several years. Things are now underway!

The magic set using ChromaDepth glasses is being done outside the US, but it hasn't come out yet. I think it will be a while.

And if you want to improve the illusion with Lubor's "Flying Carpet," you might want to buy a few pairs of these high-end ChromaDepth glasses:

Not badly priced either. Thanks for the link Richard Smile.

Do you know if those would work with the 3D films of the shows at say Universal or Disney? The cheapo ones they give out to use are not always comfortable.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3046 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Wow aTenyo book and a Fiedler book.... happy days!
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Quote:
On 2013-03-16 19:48, Richard Kaufman wrote:

Just ordered my glasses...
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
That is great news, Richard. And Matthew Field is a grea choice since he is a huge fan of Lubor as well.

With the upcoming GENII cover story on Fiedler I thought it might be possible you would be involved in the upcoming project.

Thanks once again!

Joe Mckay
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Jim, ChromaDepth glasses will not work with any films that I know of. They use an entirely different principle to create 3D images.
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
On top of the Fiedler book and the TENYO book. I was always looking forward to the two Gaetan Bloom books that The Miracle Factory were supposed to be putting out.

Not sure what has happened to them - but it might be a project worth looking into.

Thanks once again for all your efforts, Richard! You are the gift that keeps on giving, and the ideal person to be Chief Genii.

Joe
psychod
View Profile
Loyal user
I may not be a millionaire but at least I have
237 Posts

Profile of psychod
Put me on the list for this book! I can't wait to read it! I don't know if you're still looking for any suggestions or ideas but it might be interesting to see some of the other forms that some of the tricks might have taken. For example, was the China Box envisioned as being a different size, shape, etc.

Just my 2 cents...
Just adding my 3 cents worth because anybody can add their 2 cents worth...
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Darn.

I was hoping I could use them at the Disney and Universal theme parks for their 3D attractions. They use grey lens too but the glasses sometimes have sharp, uncomfortable plastic near the ears.

Thanks for the extra info Richard Smile.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Jim, They're not all the same glasses at the theme parks. Some are simple polaroid lenses, like Captain EO and Terminator 3D. But the glasses that are used for Star Tours 2 are different: some sort of silvered lens from Dolby in a hard plastic frame like regular sunglasses--and they do a much better job with the 3D. Sharp as a tack.

psychod: I will be asking all of the creative staff about each one of their inventions. Sometimes they have interesting things to say, sometimes they have nothing to say because they can't remember. Some of these tricks are 40 years old (like Melting Loop, Fantastic, and so on). Most are 20 to 30 years old. I can't remember why I invented or thought of a certain trick or sleight 30 years ago. Not every item has a good back story, but I will do my best.

I know for a fact that Hideo Kato has a different handling than was published for "Wandering Hole," and he has volunteered to explain it to me. You'll get some things like that.

I also believe that we have found the unreleased Tenyo trick to go flat inside the front cover. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » What You've All Waited For: A Tenyo BOOK (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL