The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » What You've All Waited For: A Tenyo BOOK (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..12~13~14 [Next]
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1483 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
I remember when I was in Japan one of the Tenyo guys showing me a new handling for Prison Box. He basically violently shook the unit in the air to disguise the secret action to make the ring jump compartments. Looked good but cant remember who exactly showed me. Was years ago. Again with Mini-Morphosis, instead of a curtain, a jumbo card was placed in front of the box to hide the change. A magnet was stuck to the back of the card in the right position. Again I don't remember who showed it to me. What this is leading to is I bet there are tons of new handling ideas for existing Tenyo. Maybe worthy of its own thread ��
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I just returned from Japan, where I interviewed all the major creators of Tenyo's tricks. Each interview was four hours long and very detailed. I also interviewed the founder of the Tenyo company, Akira Yamada.

The book will contain new handlings and tips, photos and videos of prototypes (both produced and not produced) many tricks from the Tenyo creators that have never been published in English, reproductions from the Japanese catalogues, and much more, including at least two DVDs tipped onto the inner covers (the way I did with the Berglas book)

Each book will come with an envelope containing the props for at least four tricks by those who have created tricks for Tenyo. The book should be between 300 and 400 pages and in full color.

There will be a deluxe edition with a page signed by a dozen members of the Tenyo creative team, including all the original members (Hideo Kato, Shigeru Sugawara, Hiroshi Kondo, Takuya Yoshizawa, Tomoyuki Shimomura, Tooru Suzuki, and Dr. Sawa). The deluxe edition will also contain props for two additional tricks.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
That sounds incredible Richard, thanks for the update! Having video included is a real bonus.

John
NashvilleNewman
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of NashvilleNewman
How about getting some / all of the original creators to sign them?

Quote:
On 2013-03-04 01:05, Richard Kaufman wrote:
I'll sign a diaper (or an adult Depends) if it makes you happy. I'm not proud, and anyone who buys an expensive book like this one will be deserves personal service from the author/publisher!
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Quote:
On 2013-04-22 16:37, NashvilleNewman wrote:
How about getting some / all of the original creators to sign them?

Quote:
On 2013-03-04 01:05, Richard Kaufman wrote:
I'll sign a diaper (or an adult Depends) if it makes you happy. I'm not proud, and anyone who buys an expensive book like this one will be deserves personal service from the author/publisher!

Nashville,

From Richard's post above:

"There will be a deluxe edition with a page signed by a dozen members of the Tenyo creative team, including all the original members (Hideo Kato, Shigeru Sugawara, Hiroshi Kondo, Takuya Yoshizawa, Tomoyuki Shimomura, Tooru Suzuki, and Dr. Sawa)."
psychod
View Profile
Loyal user
I may not be a millionaire but at least I have
247 Posts

Profile of psychod
So you just finished the interviews and that means the book should be published in a week, right???? Seriously, every new detail makes me want the book that much more!!!

Dave
Just adding my 3 cents worth because anybody can add their 2 cents worth...
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5157 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I just p**ped my pants.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Now that is one very cool trip to Japan.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

It was a great trip, but completely exhausting.
merlin2812
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of merlin2812
Can't wait for this one!
ChasVH
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of ChasVH
Richard, mark me down for a Deluxe! Sounds awesome!

Charlie
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Because of the level of interest, I have decided to begin compiling a list of people who want a deluxe edition.
If you're interested in being added to the list, please email me at moobooks@verizon.net.
I will sell only one copy per person. The price will probably be $300 or $400.
Do NOT send any money yet, just your name so I can add it to the list.
You will be notified when the book is available.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
For those who are interested to add their name to Richard's list, just make sure to delete the last dot of his email address above... So his correct address is: moobooks@verizon.net

Simon
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
Richard

I volunteer to carry all the deluxe editions to the book signings in Japan.
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
Count on my order of a deluxe edition!

Thanks CHRIS
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

All the pages for the deluxe editions have already been signed by everyone but Angelo Carbone and Lubor Fiedler.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5157 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Richard, this is a blast watching these play-by-play posts. I just sent you an email to get my name on the deluxe list. U da man.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
merlin2812
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of merlin2812
I'll put of course my name on the list... like everyone here probably...
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

The more folks who buy the deluxe editions, the more cool stuff I can put in them. Economics, you know. Smile
Franky33
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Franky33
I was reading through the thread and was thinking this will be great to have until I got to the post saying it will cost $300-$400. Am I the only one taken aback by this price? What will the standard version cost?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » What You've All Waited For: A Tenyo BOOK (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL