The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Ali Bongo (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of wally
I am looking for Ali Bongo lecture notes , the one with balloon burst routine, thanks. magicwalsh@gmail.com
Fingers_Fidge
View Profile
Regular user
England
123 Posts

Profile of Fingers_Fidge
Although I cant answer you question, I have always felt that the magic world was lacking a tribute to the Magic of Ali Bongo. He was a fantastic thinker and was responsible for some of the most sucessful Magic Shows on British televison. I met Ali a number of times at the Magic Circle.There must be a huge amount of source material that would bring joy to the Magic community. someone told me Ali had a large number of notebooks wondered if anyone knew if Ali's Estate was doing anything similar the wonderful Patrick Page book which was a true tribute to the Patrick and his magic.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
That's a great idea.

I still have the Ali Bongo book of magic from when I was a little guy. It was one of my favourites.

Maybe Matt Field or Andi from Vanishing Inc would be interested.

Let's start a petition here. If we get at least 20 names I'll contact them and get the ball rolling.

1. Fingers_Fidge
2. Jamie Ferguson
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Funnybaldbloke
View Profile
Veteran user
Blackpool, England
377 Posts

Profile of Funnybaldbloke
Great idea, you can sign me up!
Tomorrow's bottom of the bill...Today!
learachel
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of learachel
Me ! Great idea!
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
1. Fingers_Fidge
2. Jamie Ferguson
3. Funnybaldbloke
4. Learachel

Only 16 to go.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
+1
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1527 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
You can add me too. I knew Ali moderately well and saw him explain a number of his creations at TMC. The words "creative genius" spring to mind (not to mention his unique performing skills). Matt Field would certainly be a good bet.

Barry
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Martin Breeze would have done this sooo well.

It'd be great to see something like The Magic of Al Koran for Ali Bongo
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
+1, please.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22774 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-01-18 06:36, wally wrote:
I am looking for Ali Bongo lecture notes , the one with balloon burst routine, thanks. magicwalsh@gmail.com

Ali Bongo's lecture notes were only drawings, drawn by Ali himself. They are only good if you attended the lecture and made notes to remind what was happening with each drawing.

I have 2 of his lecture notes, and so many years later, I really don't know what the effects are for the most part.

Sorry, but I do not know what you are referring to by a balloon burst routine. He did a number of balloon effects over the years.
George Bleeks
View Profile
New user
Belfast, Northern Ireland
94 Posts

Profile of George Bleeks
Add another for Ali Bongo book!
George Bleeks
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1954 Posts

Profile of alexhui
I have the lecture note but not sure if the balloon trick is there.

I remembered I joined Ali Bingo's lecture awhile back in Japan, the material is so good that fools many magicians there. We started the lecture at around 8:00pm something and it is planned to be a one-hour lecture, but finally we got almost 3-hr lecture!

Ali Bingo keeps teaching effects that are not explained in lecture note. And he answered any type of questions. I was so impressed by his knowledge.

Alex Hui
Hong Kong
To support 100% honest and unbiased reviews: Donate by PayPal

For BRUTALLY HONEST consultation for your upcoming projects, PM me.

YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
AKMan
View Profile
New user
Spokane, WA
55 Posts

Profile of AKMan
Sorry, can't help you with the lecture notes but tracking down Ali's "The Bongo Book" would be well worth your time. The baloon routine is not in there but many effects showcasing his genius make it a gold mine. Build one of his props and you will have something that no one else is performing. I've had his "Blooming Assistant" in my children's show for years and it is solid entertainment for kids. For most of his ideas you will have to spend some time in the workshop or kitchen table with some simple tools, glue and cardboard but you will be amply rewarded with a unique effect tha you can put your own stamp on.
J Christensen
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of J Christensen
Add my name to the list. I, too, have performed "Blooming Assistant" for years, and also "Snowstorm in Pongolia". I saw him perform several times and always enjoyed it.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of wally
Still cant find the Ali bongo strikes again lecture note, magic in don't reply ??
tophatevents
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of tophatevents
I would love an Ali Bongo book
I have a lecture note from like 17 years ago...
it was by far the best lecture I ever attended and I still use a linking rope effect with a growing rope as finale
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
I'm in,where do I sign???
Steve Knight
View Profile
Elite user
Oxford U.K.
476 Posts

Profile of Steve Knight
Add one more vote.
Stormy the magician
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Stormy the magician
Please add me to the list!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Ali Bongo (14 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL