We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » On Thin Air Levitation-A Review/Preview » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1092 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
Effect: A standing levitation facing the audience by Ray Noble.

Ray sent me a C.D. of his performance of this effect and instructions on how to make the gimmicks and perform it. How the effect looks to your audience is very similar to that of 'The Elevator' (which I own), only with very slightly better angles on one side of you. One of the advantages of this effect over 'The Elevator' is that you don't have to bend down before you levitate. The disadvantage is that you can't just walk away after you float, you have to do a 'move'.

To perform this effect you will need to gimmick one of your shoes permanently, but this is not as difficult as 'Zero-Gravity' it shouldn't take more than a hour or so. You will also need to make a second gimmick which is also not too hard. I think at one point Ray was going to sell kits to make this, but now may just sell the manuscript, but the materials are not hard to find or that expensive.

Altogether I think this is a nice levitation with both pros and cons, the major pro being that you don't have to bend down to set it up. Also this would be easier for walk around magicians, I found 'The Elevator' would get in the way or sometimes disengage from my person when I sat down, Elevator owners will know what I mean. 'On Thin Air' solves some of these problems, there is nothing to get in the way on the outside of your person. Although it is easier to store the gimmick if you wear a jacket. Disadvantages being to make this look convincing you need to 'choreograph' your moves to look natural. Smile
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1651 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Thanks for the preview H.M .

Is it out in market ??

Price ??
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1075 Posts

Profile of bekralik
HackMonkey, thanks for the update.

I know it's far too early to really answer any questions, but in the event that somebody can answer this or keep it in mind for later when it is released: can any shoes be used?

Brian
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
Is there a way that we could see a video demo? Sounds cool to me. I'm up for a new levitation.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
marien_zc
View Profile
New user
Dominican Republic
46 Posts

Profile of marien_zc
I bought it from him a while back, and its a preety good levitation, I use it a lot but I stopped using it, because I got a cooler better way to levitate, its not that the gimmick is bad.

But yes I do like it I think its very very clever idea, its true you can't just walk away, but once you are done you are very clean, there is even a way mentioned by Ray noble where you end 100% clean, as clean as you can get.
What?!
Morganite
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Morganite
How much costs the levitation? Where can I purchase it?

Cyu

Smile

PS: Any demo avaliable?
Magicusa
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Magicusa
Hello everyone,
I know Ray and he does have two ways that he sells "On Thin Air"

He has the complete package and a kit.

The package comes with two gimmicks, book, and an instructional CD.

The kit comes with the instructional Cd, Book and a gimmick that needs to be put together. You will also have to buy something else that will cost $30 to $40 U.S.A. He will tell you where to get this item.

I think the complete package cost around $100.00 and the kit somthing like $50.00.

He is on a USO gig right now, but he can be reach at Magicaldimensions@juno.com

Hope this helps. I have seen him to this and it does look really good.
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1075 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Is this different from "Antigravity", the effect he decided to pull because of its similarity to another effect?

Brian
James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1097 Posts

Profile of James F
Yeah Ive been wondering about that too...

James Smile
marien_zc
View Profile
New user
Dominican Republic
46 Posts

Profile of marien_zc
If anybody is interested in this levitation, please pm me, I will be willing to sell it
What?!
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
Hey cool, so if we want one we just order directly from him?
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2680 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Yeah this was a direct rip off of Devin Knight's effect retro gravity, with a partial elevator gimmick.

This was first released by Devin in the Al Mann books back in the 1970's. I know Devin was and still is willing to fight for his originality especially since he is still planning on re-releasing Retro Gravity.

I remember Hank Lee had to pull the levitation the same day he advertised it.

Ray Noble agreed that he would not release it after contacting myself and Devin, but a few days later with out notification decided to release his knock off anyway.

Buy orginal magic, and stay away from the knock offs.

You see...people that rip off my effects or any creator for that matter prevent us from putting food on our tables for our families. Think about that the next time your eating dinner with your family.

Im sad that this is the way it is in magic, that not enough people respect someonelse's intellectual property.

I will say it again and again, without the true inventors of magic there wouldn't be any at all.

Oh well, I gotta get back to my crib, Smile !

P.
Brand New: SPELLBINDER -The New Supernatural Stage Table
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.tenyoelite.com
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Peter is 100% right.
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1092 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
Hi everyone just a quick note to say that I have no affiliation with this effect, I am just a reviewer so no PM's please.

Peter while I am a fan of your elevator which I think is a nice piece of apparatus, I fail to see how this is a elevator rip-off. While the methodology is similar but the way in which it is implemented is different. Doc Hillford has a levitation using the same methodology on his levitation's tape, I have seen similar such as 'ravens flight' and 'ghost jump' using similar methods years ago. Also if your could point me to the Al Mann reference as I am against 'rip-offs' as well, maybe we can exchange PM's.

Those quick to post agreements, were you aware of this information before you read it on this thread?

If this effect IS a direct rip-off then I will take down my review, but so far Ray has assured me that this effect is his creation.

Joe
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1042 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
The effect that some feel is being ripped off is the one created by Devin Knight called Retro Gravity which apparently has some similarities to Elevator. As stated before, Ray was notified of this a while back and agreed not to sell this effect due to it being too similar to Retro Gravity which is supposed to be released soon.

Micheal Leath
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1075 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Peter mentioned his Elevator, but I don't think he was making a direct comparison between Ray's effect and his (Peter correct me if I'm wrong). I believe it was more the Al Mann comparison.

From what I recall (the thread was deleted I think), sticking totally to the 'facts' that were posted and discussed and validated by Hank Lee, the method was very similar to Devon's work, and Hank Lee decided to pull the product from his website.

It was some time ago and the facts may have been blurred. I almost forgot about it when I first started reading but I seemed to recall that Into Thin Air name. Remember Ray had the contest for a free one for the best name? But I'm just an observer in the entire thing so beyond this recollection, the facts will have to be disputed by the inventors themselves.

Brian
James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1097 Posts

Profile of James F
HackMonkey does indeed bring up good points. Ravens Flight, Ghost jump, and some other lev's did have about the same method. The way the gimmick gets to where its needed was different...But the same is with the elevator and On Thin Air. So I suppose if one was to say bad things about OTA, you should do the same for the lev's listed above. Interesting discussion...

james
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2680 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Micheal Leath and bekralik are absolutely right.

I was refering to Devin's work being ripped off. I am aware of somewhat comparable levitations to the Elevator, unlike Ray Noble I did my homework to make sure what I had was new and would warrent a release under my name.

It is Devin's method on how to get the gimmick to where it needs to be that is being ripped off by Ray Noble.

As for the Elevator comment goes, Ray admitted to me in a pm which I still have saved btw that his reinvented idea came from buying The Elevator, but it is the rest of the method that belongs to Devin Knight and should be his to re-release again if he chooses.

Ray also acknowledged the fact that what he had was infact a reinvented wheel and would not release his effect, Although Ray will never admit to it, I have these PMs saved aswell to prove otherwise. Then behind Devin's back Ray released it anyway.

I could be wrong but I think Ray is being given some poor and unethical advice and that's why he did what he did and continues to sell them.

That's all I was saying. This is Devin's battle, but I can't sit back without stating the truth, consumers have a right to know. .

Hope that clears up my previous posts.

P.
Brand New: SPELLBINDER -The New Supernatural Stage Table
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.tenyoelite.com
Hengky Ciptanegara
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
389 Posts

Profile of Hengky Ciptanegara
Well.wel..

Peter, Do you think that Devin should released his Retro Gravity as soon as possible IF he is really-really the one who invited this method.

I think we are all here confuse about this situation who is the one who invited the method, Ray Noble or Devin???

If Devin is the one, why he did not release his effect? I know that he has a right either he want to release or not the effect but if then, why Ray possible knew Devin's method?????

Hengky
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1042 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Devin has taken his time in releasing Retro Gravity due to other projects and the fact the he wants to make it the best it can be before releasing it. Too often people release effects too quickly and the quality suffers.

Micheal Leath
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » On Thin Air Levitation-A Review/Preview » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL